Ranma and sister, Jusekyo when young...

Do not request fics that a simple search engine lookup can find. Follow the rule when naming threads

Ranma and sister, Jusekyo when young...

Postby TerraEpon » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:42 am

I seem to remember a fic that had Ranma and his sister both fall into the opposite Jusenkyo pools when young -- the twist was they didn't actually know who was who, or something of that nature, and both were comfortable in either form. I could be totally misremembering, and I do believe what was written wasn't all that long, but it's been on my mind a couple days so I thought I'd toss it out there...
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Re: Ranma and sister, Jusekyo when young...

Postby TerraEpon » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:47 pm

Noone has any ideas? Am I just totally misremembering this thing even existing?
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:52 pm

I'm coming up with nothing for Ranma having a sister unless its say Ukyo or one of the Tendo girls being brought along that he thinks of as a sister. Next near miss after that is more like Ranma and Miki in A Surviving Mau.

Just not finding any situations where a Daughter of Nodoka (That isn't that stories version of Ranma) going to Jusenkyo.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:12 pm

Only one to come to mind as close is 'More Than Half' by Michael Fetter...

Oh... and a lemon called 'Not Ranma 12' by Andy Wennersten, but that has her getting him comfortable with the idea.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Deric » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:27 am

The only one I can think of like that would be an old lemon story that had The Almost Anything Goes School Of Marital Arts taught by Nodoka. I can't remember the title or author (last time I read it was like 2002), but it had Ranma and Ranko knocked into opposite gender pools at Jusenkyo.

Found it on my other computer: Ranma 1/2-Ranko 1/2: Marital Arts by J.K. Hayashi. Lord knows if it's still on the net. Might be on the RAAC archives.

Edit:
shoujoai.com has it.
Some people work to achieve peace and harmony.
I'm not one of them.
Deric
Senshi Candidate

Postby TerraEpon » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:43 am

Naw, it's none of those. Now that I think about it, I must be mixing it up with one where only Ranma comes and s/he doesn't remember what gender s/he is as it happened when young. Don't remember if it was a normal curse, or maybe a sometimes it changes with either temp sort of thing...
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Shanami » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:55 am

Perhaps you mean Growing up the Half Way by Joe Fenton in which Ranma is cursed at an extremely young age and simply thinks s/he has a cold and a warm water form and doesn't really differentiate between the two of them. There is no sister involved though.
Senshi of Titania (Uranus III)
Shanami
Prism Power Senshi

Postby TerraEpon » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:14 am

Shanami wrote:Perhaps you mean Growing up the Half Way by Joe Fenton in which Ranma is cursed at an extremely young age and simply thinks s/he has a cold and a warm water form and doesn't really differentiate between the two of them. There is no sister involved though.

I don't think this is the one, as I vaguely remember what I was thinking of had the "meet the Tendos" right at the beginning, and the key point was not knowing the true gender (in this Ranma knows he's a boy). But it's an interesting story (which I'm sure I read SOME time ago)
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:49 am

I think I saw one a few years back where Ranma was dunked into Spring of Drowned Girl then Spring of Drowned twin not long after the Cat Fist. But for some reason hot would leave one a girl the other a boy and cold would reverse it for the two. But I have no idea of the title or where I saw it. And I think I last spotted it in 2007...
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:10 pm

Currently, the closest I recall is a fic where Ranma and Akane have each other as their cold water forms, even if I can't recall its exact name off the top of my head.
A government is the only known vessel that leaks from the top. (James Reston)
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Makoto » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:55 pm

Té Rowan wrote:Currently, the closest I recall is a fic where Ranma and Akane have each other as their cold water forms, even if I can't recall its exact name off the top of my head.

That could be MZephyr's story, Togetherness, and its sequel, Side by Side.
Still alive, but failing miserably at dodging Real Life.
My webpage has returned! http://www.fdnest.com/~makoto/
My Fanfiction.net profile: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1473284/
Makoto
Asteroid Senshi

Return to Fic Search