Ranma RP Revival? Again?

Here's where Role Playing, and Multiple Author story threads go. Keep on topic or... in character.... whatever

Ranma RP Revival? Again?

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:20 pm

Well, It's been over a year since we last had a post in the Ranma RP, and I feel I kinda want to start it up again.

Basically what happens is Ranma from your fanfics... (only one of them and nothing _too_ overpowered) is somehow brought to Nerima before the start of the series in a SM/Ranma Earth. The timeline for Sailor Moon in this case would be during the downtime between Beryl and the start of Sailor Moon R.

This is a freeform RP, no stats, no rolls, however I would be GMing it somewhat, trying to push the story along.

Things needed for the RP:

Ranma's Name (If different from Ranma):
Story Ranma's from:
Appearance changes (From canon Ranma):
Basic Ability List:
Minor Summary of Ranma's changes from canon (Or how he is in your fic.):
The rest will unfold as we tell it. Once we have enough people, I'll make the first RP post. Maybe this will get your creative juices flowing, and maybe, just maybe we'll all be putting out fics on this.
PS: You only control your Ranma unless specifically stated otherwise.

So who's interested this time around?
Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Ranma RP Revival? Again?

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:50 am

I'm actually interested, but... I haven't exactly finished any of my stories, yet. And many remain in a stage of conceptualization (unwritten, or written (as a sort of primer) but not made public). So... No dice? Or is it possible if the character is familiarized in the RP?
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:02 am

Sounds interesting. The problem is that my stories aren't that far along yet. I already know what abiltities Ranma will have, but in two of the three fics he's still working on them. So I don't know if they count.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:20 am

Ranma can be brought from any point in the timeline of your fics. If you've seen the other Ranma RPs, we've often brought Ranma from future points in the fic, where his abilities and personality is more developed.
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:55 am

Okay, then I have just two more questions:

Does this Ranma have to be from a "fukufic?"

How would you define overpowered? (Unbeatable I can understand easily enough. But, with various Ranma characters with varying powers and abilities, the average power will be relative to... what?)
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:31 pm

Yeah. My Ranma from 'Saint Cassiopeia' is a Silver Saint (borderline Gold), so I'd say he/she might be a tad bit overpowered.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:53 pm

Does it have to be a Ranma from a Fukufic? No. It does not. I don't plan on using either of my fukued Ranmas.

Definition of overpowered.... Well let's see here... In the very first Ranma RP prior to the most successful one.... Kami of Chaos decided to put in a Ranma that was literally a Class 1 cat 1 unlimited god... that acted like it and abused his power.

Basically the point of the RP is to not godmod. Don't have your Ranma try to take the spotlight. Share the spotlight. There's enough of it for everyone.

The last RP was interesting because we had Mirai-phoenix/LiliandraNadiar's Ami!Ranma, and we had Mets' Mistress Nine Ranma. That allowed for some conflict that was interesting... or would have been had the RP panned out.

The original one we had quite a bit of fun until the hacker killed it. (I flat out restarted after kamiofchaos's godmodding)

It can be fun, and I'd like at least four other authors besides myself in it.

Oh, and one more rule... make sure your posts are readable... and write them as if you are writing a fic. Use prose to describe your actions, and quotation marks to denote speaking.
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:26 pm

Aye-aye, cap'n~! I hereby submit these specs for your (dis)approval!

Ranma's Name (If different from Ranma): Well, Ranma got a new nickname from Kuno, anyway... <_<;

Story Ranma's from: Not Half Bad

Appearance changes (From canon Ranma): Her hair's still red, but much longer and fuller. She has two straight, yellow horns, each starting above her ears. There's the pronounced canines. She has a red dragon's tail, as well as functional wings of the same color (which, when not in use, practically hide in her back, out of sight).

Basic Ability List: Whatever Ranma is capable of by the end of the manga, plus being able to breath fire (if that is considered an ability). And she's a lot stronger, if that counts.

Minor Summary of Ranma's changes from canon (Or how he is in your fic.): Hmmmm... Kind of confused. Let's see if I guessed the right meaning... Personality's hasn't really changed, since I tried to portray him, the best that I could, according to canon. But, since it takes place after established canon, anyway... Argh! Damn you and your vague-ish demands! XD But, just in case, another angle:

Ranma receives a package in the mail, supposedly from the same place they got the battle dougi from. Inside is a skin suit which, in reality, is the shed skin of a dragon half. To make a minor summary more minorly, he ends up wearing it and can't take it off until certain conditions are met.

Hope I got something right. ;/
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:11 pm

Okay. I'll use my Ranma from Veela One Half. He's 15 years old.

Male Ranma hasn't learnt any of the amazon techniques but Genma taught him the sen kens to have a fighting chance against witches and wizards (which Genma hates). He looks the same as Canon!Ranma, but the veela abilities are slowly bleeding over, incvreasing his attractiveness towards girls. After falling into the spring his magical core became active (he was a squib before) and he's learning wand magic additionally to martial arts.

Female Ranma looks completely different since Ranma fell into the spring of drowned Veela. She's taller than Canon!Ranma-chan, has very long blonde hair and is extremely beautiful. In her female form she has all the abilities of a full Veela. Her Veela charm is very powerful and almost no one can resist it. Veela are physically strong by nature and Ranma even more so because of her extensive martial arts training. She can shoot a blast of fire out of her mouth and has complete control over non magical fire.

She can also transform into a very ugly avian form, but gets very effective claws and her strength increases even further, but she can't use any wand magic in that form.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Tovath » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:08 am

Well the last one was fun so I am interested in this, but I will be away from a computer until after the 17th (trip to my grandparents) Will that be ok?
“Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.”
-Hanlon's Razor

"Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much."
-Oscar Wilde

Senshi of Puck
Tovath
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:53 pm

Now that it's been two weeks since the last post... Am I to assume that this venture has been abandoned? Just wondering so I don't get my hopes up.
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Sailor Sedai (Ellf) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:51 pm

I wouldn't say it's abandoned... just would like more than three people other than myself.
Sailor Sedai (Ellf)
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Tovath » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:49 pm

Well I don't think that waiting any longer is going to help, so why don't we just try it with who we have and see how it works.

by the way here is my Ranma Info

Story Ranma's from: Curses Aren't the Only Change
Appearance changes (From canon Ranma):None
Basic Ability List:Martial Arts(of couse) Minor magic abilities, can summon a suit of armor
Minor Summary of Ranma's changes from canon (Or how he is in your fic.):Less defesive and he knows that girl can be good fighters
“Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.”
-Hanlon's Razor

"Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much."
-Oscar Wilde

Senshi of Puck
Tovath
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar » Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:39 pm

Sailor Sedai (Ellf) wrote:I wouldn't say it's abandoned... just would like more than three people other than myself.

Well, look on the bright side: it means less work for you. :P Although I reckon that Dumbledork's Ranma will make things a bit complicated, anyway. XD
Crescent Pulsar
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:37 pm

...when I first started reading the topic I thought the last post was Aug 2010, but I just noticed it was 2009.

Anyway if interest does pick up again I'd like to submit Ranma from 2 B a Master.

Ranma's Name (If different from Ranma):Makoto
Story Ranma's from: 2 B a Master
Appearance changes (From canon Ranma): None really Ranma wears her hair down instead of the pigtail. I think it be only a little more than shoulder length. She's stuck female.
Basic Ability List: Knows the Amazon Techniques, but hasn't learned his fathers two schools. Has a Pikachu, Misdrevous, and Snorlax. The Snolax practices anything goes and knows Genma's two schools.
Minor Summary of Ranma's changes from canon (Or how he is in your fic.):Ranma returned from his training after his father got arrested. After learning of his curse his mother said he needed to become a Pokemon Trainer to redeem himself in her eyes. While traveling to Veridian City got trapped in female form due to a waterstone.
Sometimes it just doesn't pay....

Expect me when you see me -Doctor Who (The first Doctor)
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Next

Return to RPG's & Multiple Author Works