Favorite Ranma crossover couples.

Discuss the Ranma series in this forum.

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:15 pm

Somebody used "Hell Hath no Fury" as backstory in a Ranma/Senshi fic; but I can't remember what it was called.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby mondu_the_fat » Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:59 pm

EdenB wrote:...Are there any fics with Ranma/Rei (NGE Rei, not Sailor Mars).

Usually its Ranma/Asuka. Closest I can think of is Fire's "Kind Angel's Thesis" (damn if I can spell the proper title). Although for that specific fic, I'd say that the relationship is pretty much not going anywhere, given their unique... situation and that the author seems to vanished off the face of the earth.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:08 pm

EdenB wrote:...Are there any fics with Ranma/Rei (NGE Rei, not Sailor Mars).

Hmmm... While not a search thread, how about:

R-NGE 'A Couple of Angels' by Corwin - [Status=Not Complete] - [Last Dld=10/18/2001] - [Size=556kb]R-NGE 'Death Becomes Her' by E-Type - [Status=Not Complete] - [Last Dld=01/21/2004] - [Size=396kb]R-NGE 'NGE Angel of light' by weebee - [Status=Not Complete] - [Last Dld=10/08/2007] - [Size=621kb]R-NGE 'Past Future' by Long Ngo - [Status=Complete] - [Last Dld=01/26/2002] - [Size=341kb]R-NGE 'The Wild Horse Thesis' by Calamity-Queen of Cordite - [Status=Complete] - [Last Dld=08/30/2006] - [Size=596kb]

On topic, as for my own preferences:

PAIRINGS IN RANMA CROSSOVER FAN FICTION (not so much favorites, but order or rank of acceptability, some don't exist)

For each character, names are in order of preference from most to least.

Sailor Moon (order is rough, some are close)
- Ranma matched with Setsuna, Hotaru, Makoto, Minako, Michiru, Haruka, Ami, Rei, Naru, Usagi (Usagi being last is canon Usagi, not a Usagi rewritten by story backdrop)

Oh My Goddess
- Ranma matched with Belldandy, Urd, Mara, Hild, Rind, Skuld

Tenchi
- Ranma matched with Ryoko, Washu, Kiyone, Sasami, Mihoshi, Seto, Noike, Tenchi, Ayeka

Neon Genesis
- Ranma matched with Asuka, Rei, Misato, Ritsuko, Maya, Hikari (never seen the last, but why not)

XMen
- Ranma matched with Jean, Rogue, Tabitha, Wanda, Kitty

Love Hina
- Ranma matched with Kitsune, Tsuruko, Motoko, Kanako, Mutsumi, Shinobu, Su, Naru

Gold Digger
- Ranma matched with Gina, Brianna, Britanny, Mrs. Diggers, two dragons, Shiela, Genn

Slayers
- Ranma matched with Lina, Naga, Amelia

Wheel of Time
- None really come to mind, most crossovers with this are not truly about the pairing with someone in that series

Inu Yasha
- Ranma matched with Kikyo, Kagoma

Hellsing
- Ranma matched with Integra, Ceres

Robotech/Macross
- Ranma matched with Lisa, Miria, Claudia, bridge bunnies, Minmay

Others
- Ranma matched with Kim Possible (KimPossible)
- Ranma matched with Kasumi (Dead or Alive)
- Ranma matched with Ifurita, Afura, Shayla (El Hazard)
- Ranma matched with Kanami, Mao (Full Metal Panic)
- Ranma matched with Miu, or Kisara (Histroy's Strongest Disiple Kenichi)
- Ranma matched with Asuka (Black Dragons Guardian/Millenium universe)
- Ranma matched with Kazumi, Hatsumi (Please/Onegai Teacher)
- Ranma matched with Pirotessa, Deedlit (Record of Lodoss Wars)
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Scooter » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:32 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:Wheel of Time
- None really come to mind, most crossovers with this are not truly about the pairing with someone in that series

I know of three (and links to what I remember/can find)

There's Cloud Dreamer's Far Dareis Mai Ranma Where Ranma winds up in the WoT novels, around Book 4 The Shadow Rising, and weds Enaila, one of the Spear-sisters who died in the book;

Suekeiichi Kaiton's WoT/Ranma crossover, found here: WoT-Gaiden, with Moiraine Damodred winding up in Tokyo, after throwing herself and Lanfear into the ter'angreal in Carhein (Book 4 if memory serves), many years post-marriage and Binds a suicidally depressed Ranma as her Gaiden (Warder). It's just a drabble, but there was the potential.

And finally "My Baka Gaiden", which (unfortunately) was on Ranmafics, and had Ranma bound as Suian Sanche's second warder. Incomplete, and again potential for a Ranma/Suian relationship (maybe)
Oh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.

— Groucho Marx
Scooter
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:05 pm

I know of three (and links to what I remember/can find)

I'm sorry, I should have been clearer on that. I currently track, not counting AA threads and multicrosses, 12 Wheel of Time and Ranma crossovers, and have links to them, two of the three you listed are among them.

I meant, of those I've read, I could not think of any pairings of Ranma and the Wheel of Time cast that would really make too mcuh sense to me.

Ms. Damodread or for that matter any other aes sedai seems an ill fit, and I cannot see the princess. There was one character that came to mind, but it was a relatively minor part in Pegasus Cycle.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Atlan » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:31 am

I like:
Ranma/Hotaru (thanks to dogbertcarroll's fic)
Ranma/Brittany (From gold diggers) (I only saw this in an anime-adventure, but I would have loved to see it as a full length fic)
Ranma/Rogue (From X-men)

Parings I'd like to see but havent:

Ranma/Naga (Slayers)
Ranma/Buffy (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Ranma/Faith (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
Ranma/Martha (Doctor Who)
Ranma/Jenny (Doctor Who)
Ranma/Tifa (Final Fantasy 7)
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby CJN » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:29 am

I like:
Ranma/Makoto(SM)
Ranma/Rei(SM)
Ranma/Hotaru(SM)

Haven't really considered pairing in other universes all that much, but I could see these also as possibly likeable:

Ranma/Megumi(OMG)
Ranma/Skuld(OMG)
Ranma/Sasami(TM)
Ranma/Rei(NGE)
Ranma/Asuka(NGE)
CJN
Senshi Cadet

Postby antimatterenergy » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:01 pm

Like mentioned in the other thread Ranma can be paired with most characters and it wouldn't bother me much. Though I dislike Ranma with a guy. I don't really like Ranma/ Sailor Pluto pairing.

I kind of want to see a Ranma/ Cutey Honey pairing, a Ranma/Shego from Kim Possible, a Ranma/ Illyria from Angel TV series, and a Ranma/Harley Quinn from Batman though.
"Did you really think sealing me in concrete and burying me in the yard was even going to slow me down?!" Ranma v8p92

My Blog: http://ranmarelated.blogspot.com/
antimatterenergy
Asteroid Senshi

Previous

Return to Specific Series: Ranma