Efficacious Bonds (A Ranma x Negima Crossover)

Bridging the gap between Ideas and C&C.

Post individual scenes that need doctoring, outlines, or other detail work that isn't quite ready for the C&C thread.

Postby ranmafan1 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:36 am

More snippet :D. I also changed the filtration setting in the previous one to 50%.

-ranmafan1

The pigtailed vampire wanted to scream in agony at the pain he was feeling, but no voice could be heard. The light impacting his body felt like it was tearing him apart, which it essentially was. Every second was like an eternity and he desperately craved an escape from the endless torture.

Despite the pain, though, Ranma was able to hear Yukiko’s razor-sharp voice. “Enough.” Then the light ended, bringing temporary relief to the teenager. The scientist continued, “Collect a damaged tissue sample.”

A brown-haired, male scientist came over with a tray, which contained various instruments, including a dish and a knife. Standing over their captive, he wasted no time in slicing off a part of the skin where the light struck Ranma. Fresh blood flowed from the wound and while it still hurt Ranma, the pain was nothing like that of the cursed light.

The doctor was reaching for a bandage when Yukiko called out, “Leave it.” The man stopped and wordlessly picked up the tray and headed to a cylinder on the side. When it was opened, cold air escaped; he then placed the skin sample into one of the many compartments and closed the container.

‘These people are monsters,’ thought Ranma in despair, which was ironic given his own circumstances. ‘Goddamn Cologne, Azami, and whoever the fuck Garrick is. That bitch Yukiko and her bastard of a brother Yukio. And all the rest of these damn assholes in this whole godforsaken dungeon. I kill them all!’ exclaimed Ranma to himself.

“Set light filtration to 40%,” declared Yukiko, which sparked a trace of fear into Ranma.

The technician made the appropriate adjustments. “Filtration is set at 40%.”

Panic welled up in the martial artist, but none of it showed except for a slight widening of the eyes. ‘I will survive! I will survive! I will survive!” Ranma repeated as a mantra as the crystal glowed.

That horrible night was only one of many in the months to come.

---

Hours later Ranma was dragged away from the torment and placed back into his cell, once again by Yukio, and without any care for his wounds. Yukiko held up the cross and whispered, ““Mobilis,” which allowed Ranma to move again. However, his body would not obey his desire in getting up and strangling them both due to his severe injuries. He did manage to speak out, though, “I’m gonna kill every last one of you bastards.”

Yukio dismissed his threat. “Ha! I don’t think you’re in any condition to make a threat, dipshit.”

His sister spoke to him then. “Yukiko, bring Specimens 1902 and 1903 to this room.”

The spike-haired youth rolled his eyes, but complied. While those remaining in the room waited, Ranma demanded, “And now what the hell are you up to?”

Looking down at the vampire, Yukiko noted, “We need to heal the wounds you accumulated through today’s procedures. Yukio is acquiring your sustenance for the night.”

Ranma paled slightly from the statement, a flashback of the dead old man appeared in his mind’s eye. He snarled in rage and cried out, “Like hell I’ll do that again!”

Unfazed by his anger, Yukio commented, “You should not be concerned about losing control again. It is not uncommon for newborn vampires to go berserk and kill their first victim. Apparently, the new instincts can be initially overwhelming.” Turning to the side, she noted, “Ah, here they are.”

After the individuals entered the room, Ranma could not help but gasp since he knew the two newcomers. Both were petite and dressed in casual clothing with one having her brown hair pulled into a short ponytail, while the other had her lighter brown hair hanging straight.

“S-Sayuri! Yuka!!” exclaimed Ranma in shock. Akane’s two friends now stood before him and were just as surprised.

Yuka called out, “Ranma!” Taking a closer look at the pigtailed boy, their eyes widened from shock.

“W-what happened to you?” questioned Sayuri in horror.

Smirking, Yukio pushed the two forward. “Dinner time!”

They stumbled slightly from the push, and looked back fearfully at the man. Sending a questioning look at Ranma, Yuka asked, “W-what do they mean, Ranma?”

The teenage boy looked away from the two, not wanting to answer. The blue-haired punk grabbed each of their shoulders with a hand and said, “Our little killer here got turned into a vampire.” Seeing their eyes widen again, he smiled, “You get it now? You’re the main course. He’s already had an appetizer before. That withered old man must not have been too filling. He kept trying to squeeze every drop even after the bastard dropped dead.”

The high school girls fearfully turned back and looked at Ranma, not knowing what to say. Yukiko interrupted their terror by saying, “As I was saying to 1897 beforehand, a loss of control is not uncommon for newly-turned vampires. There should be a significantly smaller chance of a berserker state this time.”

Sighing, Yukio stated towards his sibling, “Spoil all my fun, huh, Sis?”

Without glancing at them, Yukiko declared, “Specimen 1902. Come forward.” Sayuri looked at the woman, fear plain on her face. Apparently, they had previously heard those designations.

When the girl did not move for a few moments, Yukio pushed her forward again. Stumbling a little, Sayuri regained her footing and slowly approached Yukiko and stood next to the woman.

“Specimen 1897 will now take nourishment from 1902. Specimen 1903 is to observe the proceedings in preparation for tomorrow,” calmly announced the scientist.

Before Sayuri or Yuka could speak, Ranma uttered, “I won’t do it.”

Still in a monotone voice, Yukiko reassured him, “There is no need to fear for their safety. You should have adequate control over your instincts for the moment since your first feeding. Additionally, Specimens 1902 and 1903 were given enhanced regenerative abilities. While their capabilities do not measure up to your own, even previous to vampirification, they are sufficient such that the two can alternate as your nourishment source every other day.”

Snarling at the woman, Ranma insisted, “And I don’t give a crap about any of that. Experiment on me if you want, but leave the others out of it.” The girls looked surprised by his outburst, but the female scientist gave no emotion as usual.

“A pity,” continued Yukiko, “It would seem that they have no further use. Yukio, dispose of them.”

Smiling sinisterly, the gunman took the two weapons from his belt and aimed one of them at each girl, despite the distance between the two.

His eyes widened in panic and Ranma screamed, “Wait!!!!”

Yukiko quickly held up a hand and forestalled Yukio from pulling the triggers, who then pouted like a child. Yuka and Sayuri were both openly crying, but were too frozen from fear to do anything else.

“Specimens 1902 and 1903 were given the enhancements for the sole purpose of being your nourishment. If you do not accept their purpose, they will be replaced with other ones until you cooperate,” Yukiko patiently explained.

Ranma’s bangs were now covering his eyes. Not looking up, he relented, “Fine.”

Lowering her hand, Yukiko nodded at her brother, who wordlessly put his guns away. She then glanced at Sayuri and said, “1902, place your arm in front of 1897.” The girl complied and her body shook with each step as she got closer to the vampire. When Sayuri was within reach of Ranma, she reluctantly held out her arm.

“Proceed, 1897,” ordered the supervising scientist.

Ranma slowly raised the arm towards his mouth, which opened to reveal sharp canine teeth. And then the fangs pierced the flesh of Sayuri’s arm, bringing a wince to the girl. Throughout it all, Ranma’s eyes were still hidden behind his hair. As the blood flowed from the puncture marks, the high school girl waited in apprehension as Ranma began to drink.

After a few moments, the martial artist was gulping down the blood at an alarming rate. He then increased the strength of his hold on her forearm, which worried her further. When she began to feel dizzy from the lack of blood, her panic increased exponentially.

“R-Ranma, slow down. I-Isn’t that e-enough? Ranma? Ranma?” Her questions were greeted with silence, but he finally looked up. She froze in terror as her eyes met with his own black and gold ones.
ranmafan1
Senshi Candidate

Postby Dumbledork » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:38 am

WOW. Really horrible. At least we now know what happened to two of the regulars. Great work.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:39 pm

Pretty good.

Some of the dialog is pretty stiff. Especially the banter between the siblings.

Could also use a bit more detaling of the scene.

As it stands right now it's a bit hard to visualize it. And more details helps make the dark situation more immersive.

Not just visual stuff too, auditory, and smells. I can presume that this would not be a pleasant place.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby ranmafan1 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:53 am

Dumbledork -

WOW. Really horrible. At least we now know what happened to two of the regulars. Great work.

Good times 8).

Sunshine -

Some of the dialog is pretty stiff. Especially the banter between the siblings.

Are you referring to how some of the communication does not seem natural? For the siblings, I am trying for them to have difficulty communicating with each other. Yukiko will act pretty cold towards her brother just as she does for mostly everyone else.

Could also use a bit more detaling of the scene.

As it stands right now it's a bit hard to visualize it. And more details helps make the dark situation more immersive.

Not just visual stuff too, auditory, and smells. I can presume that this would not be a pleasant place.

Good point. I'll try and edit it to include a bit more detail :D.

-ranmafan1
ranmafan1
Senshi Candidate

Postby ranmafan1 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:37 pm

Snippet :D !

-ranmafan1

Despite feeling faint, Sayuri became entranced by Ranma’s eyes and she began losing focus on reality. The pain of Ranma’s feeding was forgotten and she felt herself drifting like in a daydream. Then suddenly Ranma pushed her away and she fell onto the floor. With the spell broken, Sayuri realized in horror what almost happened. She scrambled on the floor from the vampire, her eyes never turning away from him. The dark-haired girl dimly felt Yuka shaking her shoulder and trying to call her attention. Still looking at Ranma, she noticed how his wounds were starting to quickly heal.

“Sorry…” whispered Ranma, so faintly that Sayuri almost did not hear it.

She blinked as her cognitive functions returned again. Flinching slightly at the pain in her forearm, the high school girl cradled it and looked away. “I-It’s okay, Ranma.” Sayuri tried to sound reassuring, but both of them knew the truth. She glanced at the puncture marks on her forearm where the blood was still slightly flowing, shivering from both the blood loss and the thought of what almost happened.

“Sayuri,” said Yuka, who held out a hand to her friend. After looking at it for moment, Sayuri grabbed it and was pulled up.

Feeling dizzy, Sayuri held onto Yuka’s shoulder so that she did not fall down. “Thanks, Yuka,” replied Sayuri.

“That is enough for today,” stated Yukiko, interrupting the two. Speaking towards Ranma, she added, “Procedure 2 will begin at 0700 hours. 1897 will rest until then. Yukio, return 1902 and 1903 to their rooms.” The bluette abruptly turned and exited the room.

Yukio, who now had his weapons put away, smiled and shrugged his shoulders, “No problem, Sis.” Addressing Yuka and Sayuri, he ordered, “You heard her you two. Get going.” He pushed the girls forward, which staggered them a bit. Not looking back, the spike haired man waved his hand and said, “Nighty night, freak!”

Before they exited the cell, Yuka and Sayuri looked back at Ranma, who was now furiously wiping at his mouth in disgust.

---

In a certain area of a particular ward in Tokyo, things were quiet. The people still talked with each other. Students still went to school. Families still had moments of both happiness and sadness. However, it all seemed subdued from previous times. Before “that night” many wished that the troublemakers of the neighborhood would leave the area, in particular one individual, so that they could go back to their old lives. Those who desired that before regret ever having such thoughts because no one wished such a tragedy to happen.

“Mass-kidnapping by a terrorist organization. We have a few leads on their whereabouts,” was what the government was telling the locals. However, they knew the truth. Exotic blue plants which were scattered across the ward were now simultaneously missing, as well as the newcomer who brought them. They felt ashamed about being tricked so easily.

To make matters worse, the citizens could not get additional help from anywhere. There was a media blackout the likes of which no one had ever seen in effect. The morning after the incident dozens of peculiar people whom they thought were government officials secured the area. No radio, television, or newspaper reported the story. Telephone lines and somehow cellphones were being monitored and subsequently censored. Those who told others were met with skepticism because of the lack of media coverage. Even the information which they uploaded onto the internet was deleted before they could post it. Nerima was isolated from the world.

Focusing on one building in the neighborhood, it is shown to be a relatively large household for Tokyo. In front of the house was a woman tending to a garden in the front lawn. She stood up and wiped off some sweat from her brow. The woman was beautiful with long auburn hair. Those who knew her would be surprised that she was not wearing more traditional clothing, but rather a blouse with a long skirt.

Looking up at the noon sky, Nodoka Saotome said, “Two months.” That was how long her family was now missing. When Nodoka first discovered the news about their disappearance, she was utterly devastated. To be reunited with them after 10 years, only to lose them again was too much for the woman., so much so that she needed to receive professional help. It was several weeks later that she calmed down enough for release. Now she tended a garden, as her psychologist suggested, to try and take her mind off everything. It did help somewhat, but Nodoka came to believe that her husband and son would return.

Although she seemed to care more for Ranma than Genma, the latter did hold a special place in her heart. She had faith that Genma was too crafty to be taken so easily for a long time. From the stories she heard about her son, he seemed to have an indomitable spirit in the face of adversity. They would both surely come back to her. Some part of her knew that such unshakable faith might be a delusion, but it is what kept her going.

Another part of her still wished that she was taken with them. The afternoon before the incident Nodoka was shopping outside the area for decorations when she ran into an old friend. The two had dinner and conversation drifted well into the night. Instead of taking the train, her friend insisted that she stay in the guest bedroom. How would things have been different if she left for home that night? Would she had been kidnapped as well?

“Good afternoon, Mrs. Saotome,” stated a man from the sidewalk, which brought Nodoka out of her thoughts.

When Nodoka first met him, the word that came to mind was “calm.” To Ranma’s mother, he seemed to have a very relaxed attitude about everything, although she still occasionally wondered if that was a front. He was sharply dressed in a suit, had somewhat short hair with some spikes to it, and was wearing small glasses.

“Hello, Mr. Takahata,” replied Nodoka. She mostly gave up hearing good news from the man. Takamichi Takahata seemed to occasionally visit each of the families who lost someone that night. One thing that no one knew is specifically what agency or government office for which was a part. At first people were suspicious, and most often angry, at him for being part of the media blackout, but his carefree attitude and patient personality gradually won many people over.

“It seems the garden is holding up good,” continued Takamichi as he looked at the assortment of flowers.

Nodoka bowed slightly in response. “Thank you very much.” Hesitating slightly, she nonetheless asked, “Any news?”

Looking directly at her, the man responded, “I’m afraid not,” which made Nodoka’s heart pang. After seeing her reaction, he added, “However, we were able contact someone who may be able to help.”

Her spirits lifting with those words, Nodoka inquired, “Who would that be?”

Before Takamichi could respond, a voice called out, “That would be me, sweeto!”

The two turned towards the speaker and saw a small, old man sitting on the fence. After smoking from a pipe, he grinned at them.

“Grandmaster Happosai,” stated Nodoka in shock.

Raising an eyebrow at the man, Takamichi said, “What took you so long?”

Happosai again inhaled from the pipe. “Teh, don’t talk big to me. Even that snot-nosed punk heir of mine would have been able to sense me beforehand. You took too much time focusing on Kanka and not enough on the basics, Takamichi.”

Nodoka looked between the two, confused about the relationship between them. As if sensing her question, Happosai explained, “I knew this punk’s master years ago. Also, a few others in his circle.”

Takamichi nodded in acknowledgment. “So, were you able to find it?”

Giving a toothy smile, the grandmaster reached into his shirt and pulled something out. It turned out to be a spherical crystal which was approximately one centimeter in diameter. Grabbing the crystal in its mouth was a metal replica of a dog of some sort. “What do you think?”

“What is that?” curiously asked Nodoka, who was staring at the object in Happosai’s hand.

“That,” began Takamichi as he examined it as well, “is something which will help find your family and the rest of those kidnapped.”
ranmafan1
Senshi Candidate

Postby ranmafan1 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:30 pm

Snippet :D! I am getting close to the end of the imprisonment arc 8)!

-ranmafan1

“I-I’ll see you later, Ranma,” shakily stated Yuka, who slowly stood from the bed. Her clothes were in disarray and a deep blush covered her face. Yukio no longer walked the girls to their cells; instead it was a pair of masked guards dressed similarly to the ones Azami had commanded previously. The pigtailed girl watched Yuka leave from the bed; Ranma’s own shirt was unbuttoned and barely covered her chest.

It had been three months since that fateful night and Ranma was sure she was slowly losing her sanity. Every day was a living hell filled with various different implements of pain. After they did one set of experiments, they would repeat it in her girl form, such as today. Additional, what disgusted her then was the hunger that came after. It seemed her body was being conditioned like an animal, such that it appeared when she was brought to her cell. Some days when either Yuka or Sayuri were brought, she could not help but immediately feed on them. Drinking blood was almost becoming like a drug to her.

A similar feeling was developing in both of Akane’s friends as well. They also eagerly anticipated the feedings. Within two weeks of their kidnapping, both sides were deriving extreme pleasure from the act. A month later, Yuka and Sayuri became physically aroused when Ranma fed. They started to sensually caress Ranma’s body and started to kiss her afterwards, regardless of gender. Throughout the progressing weeks, the guards stopped monitoring them and even closed the door. Also, the length of time left for feeding was increasing as well.

After the second month, the passion during and after the feedings increased exponentially. Ranma and whoever was with her during the night would shamelessly make out and moan out their desire. All parties involved knew something was wrong, but they could not stop themselves. And now recently, they had become…even more intimate.

Ranma, Yuka, and Sayuri all felt guilty, particularly towards Akane, but everything seemed to be spiraling out of control. That they were becoming more bestial in their urges when the feeding time came. It was only afterwards that they calmed down and regained focus on matters. And like a drug, they needed more and more to pacify themselves.

It was during this time when the calm came that Ranma plotted her revenge. How she would slit the throats of her captors? How she would drink the blood which spouted out from the mortal wound? How she would… Ranma furiously shook her head. Such thoughts were also becoming more common. Taking a deep breath, she sat in a lotus position, not bothering to close her shirt. Focusing her mind’s eye, she reached out towards one of two threads that appeared.

‘Yuka, anything new?’ thought Ranma, who waited for a response. She did not have to wait long.

‘Nothing much and no one came out, Ranma,’ replied Yuka after a moment.

This was one such development that occurred from Ranma’s repeated feeding of the two. Somehow she was able to form a tentative telepathic link with Sayuri and Yuka, although the girls could not speak with each other. Ranma was not sure of the specifics on the how’s or why’s, but it became a useful tool for them in sharing information they gained without the notice of their jailors.

It first developed two months ago when the two started to have headaches during experiments performed on Ranma. Apparently, the vampire was unconsciously sending some part of her pain towards them. Eventually, a few stray thoughts appeared as well. At first they thought it was their imagination, but they were able to piece it together after conferring with Ranma

And now they were using this link to collect any information which will be valuable when an opportune time for escape came. For example, on the way back to her room, Sayuri passed Nabiki, who was being escorted towards one of the laboratories. The middle Tendo sister seemed to be barely cognizant, although she did glance at Akane’s friend briefly in acknowledgment. The three also pieced together the location and number of rooms, laboratories, and such they visited in order to make a mental map of the place.

Ranma leaned back against the wall and sighed, ‘That so.’ Hesitating for moment, she nonetheless continued, ‘I-I’m sorry again, Yuka.’

The girl gave a mental sigh as well, ‘It’s okay, Ranma. You shouldn’t be blaming yourself. We both told you this before. Sayuri and I are in this too, you know.’ Yuka also paused for a moment and tentatively said, ‘Obviously, this isn’t how I pictured…things would work out.’ Feeling Ranma becoming more depressed, she hastily added, ‘It may not have been the storybook romance I wanted, but…how many girls get that wish anyway…and you’re a good person, Ranma.’

However, Yuka still felt Ranma‘s depression had not abated. ‘If it’s about Akane, she’ll understand.’ Ranma got a mental picture of her smiling slightly. ‘Although she might beat you up before she’ll forgive you,’ the longhaired girl jokingly said.

Laughing lightly, Ranma looked towards the ceiling and commented, ‘If we all could get out of here, she can bash me to her heart’s content. I would also put up with all my rivals and fiancées at once over this hellhole.’ After thinking, she continued, ‘Thanks for listening, Yuka.’

‘Anytime, Ranma. Good night.’ stated Yuka, who seemed to now be falling asleep.

‘G’night, Yuka.’ concluded Ranma, and she disconnected the link for the moment. Sighing, she laid down on the bed and continued to stare at the ceiling. More thoughts of the past and future drifted through Ranma’s mind as she went to sleep. The martial artist needed all the rest she could take in these dark times.

---

The next day started like every other one. After being returned to his male form, Ranma was once more immobilized by the strange cross Yukiko carried. Lying on the table, he mentally prepared himself for the pain to begin again. However, as the blue-haired scientist was about to order her subordinates, a loud explosion was heard outside the building. The crystal machine hanging above Ranma shook precariously.

Shortly after, a blaring alarm sounded throughout the compound, followed by a female voice announcing, “We are under attack! I repeat, we are under attack! This is not a drill! Enemy forces appear to be assault units from Mahora Academy.”

The scientists present began to panic, except for Yukiko, who commanded to the two present guards, “Secure the specimens. Prepare them for emergency teleportation to the main base.” They immediately left the laboratory to comply.

There was another explosion and this one was much closer. Various bolts holding the crystal machine popped loose and it shook from side to side. A startled technician accidentally hit the panel and the crystal end pointed towards Ranma started to glow red. “Danger!!!” began flashing on the computer screens.

Yukiko spoke out, “Move away from there!” She put down the cross next to Ranma and ran to the console. Pushing the technician away, she quickly typed at the computer. Finally the system stabilized and the warning lights stopped.

The third blast was even closer and the crystal apparatus could not take anymore. Finally, it collapsed towards Ranma. Upon impact, the magical energies within the crystals ignited, which subsequently caused a large explosion in the lab. The scientists covered their eyes from the bright flash. Afterwards, a fire started to spread throughout the vicinity.

“Get the backup data immediately!” exclaimed Yukiko, who was showing more emotion now than she had for a long time; clearly, she was annoyed. “The Mistress will not be pleased to have lost such a valuable subject.”

“Hey don’t count me dead yet,” stated a voice from the fire, surprising the others present. A figure jumped from behind the flames into a crouch and then stood to his full height, who was then revealed to be Ranma Saotome. Apparently the crystal matrix swung to the side of the table Ranma was on before hitting the ground. A stroke of luck had the thick table drop between him and the explosion. He was still cut badly in many areas of his body and some crystal shards could be seen sticking from Ranma’s skin, but he was alive. One other thing did get broken, though; Ranma held up a cross, which was now a deformed slab of metal.

Ranma squeezed the cross’ remains in his hands and smiled.
ranmafan1
Senshi Candidate

Postby Dumbledork » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:37 pm

It's payback time, bitches!!!! Can't wait for the action to start. Will Sayuri and Yuka keep their bond with Ranma or will it slowly disappear. It seems like they are now Ranma's minions somehow.

Does Ranma have the abiltiy to turn others into vampires too?

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby ranmafan1 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:17 pm

Dumbledork wrote:It's payback time, bitches!!!! Can't wait for the action to start.

Oh, yeah 8).

Will Sayuri and Yuka keep their bond with Ranma or will it slowly disappear. It seems like they are now Ranma's minions somehow.

Think Pactio :D.

Does Ranma have the abiltiy to turn others into vampires too?

I am not set on whether or not he can make vampires because he is a special case. If he does, they would be warped beings.

-ranmafan1
ranmafan1
Senshi Candidate

Postby Dumbledork » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:27 am

Will Ranma get a harem like Negi?

Can't wait to see what the scientist did to the rest of the NWC. Did everyone surviveor were there some casualties?

On another note, no Ranma/Akane pairing, please.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby ranmafan1 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:17 am

Dumbledork wrote:Will Ranma get a harem like Negi?

Something like that 8).

Can't wait to see what the scientist did to the rest of the NWC. Did everyone surviveor were there some casualties?

Everyone survived, but not everyone is in great shape :(.

On another note, no Ranma/Akane pairing, please.

That is not in my current plans :wink:.

-ranmafan1
ranmafan1
Senshi Candidate

Postby ranmafan1 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:42 pm

More snippet 8).

-ranmafan1

Yukiko narrowed her eyes, but commanded, “Prepare weapons! Set for maximum stun.” Immediately all of the scientists and technicians present pulled out from nearby areas guns of various types, some pistol-size while others were like rifles. All of them appeared somewhat different from what Ranma saw on television. Yukiko herself was brandishing a small gun which resembled a revolver.

Looking at the five people present, Ranma tensed himself in preparation for a fight. “You know. I really do want to fight everyone and tear your fuckin’ heads off, but I got to go and save the others. So how about you all just step aside.”

Not taking her eyes off Ranma, Yukiko stated, “I’m afraid that won’t be satifactory. You, as well as 1896, are among the top of the research list, and as such, are too valuable to simply let escape.” For the first time since Ranma saw her, Yukiko smirked. “The consequences we would suffer in allowing you to escape would be far greater than death.” Without taking her eyes off of Ranma, she concluded, “Fire.”

Immediately everyone triggered their weapons, and, instead of bullets, what looked like lasers shot towards Ranma. While they expected him to dodge, the group did not anticipate the teenager to acrobatically flip high through the air towards the nearest technician. At the apex of his leap and on his way down, Ranma aimed an outstretched foot at the man and hit the person directly in the windpipe. Landing on top of the throat, it collapsed under the vampire’s weight. The sound and feeling under his feet made Ranma smirk.

Dodging to the side another passing beam, Ranma crouched close to the ground and picked up a rod which fell from the explosion. Before the others could fire again, he held the rod like a javelin and threw it towards a pink-haired woman who was standing on a set of stairs. It pierced through her chest with such force that it drove her body off the steps and into the wall below. Her body hung limply on the rod and the sight made Ranma smile malevolently.

The sight of that smile brought a chill throughout Yukiko’s body. There was something about it which awakened a pang of primal fear in the woman. Steeling herself, the scientist looked at the technician at the console nearby her and then shouted to the remaining male scientist, “Regroup at my position. We’ll provide cover fire.” They did as such, shooting at Ranma to try and buy the person time. However, Ranma moved even more fluidly than before through the air, avoiding all shots within centimeters. Laughing madly, the vampire dove towards the man, who in his panic, did not try and fire the rifle, but ran in terror.

Landing behind the scientist, Ranma locked his left arm around the man’s neck and the other painfully yanked the arm which held the rifle behind the scientist’s back; the weapon fell to the ground. After jumping behind a large machine with the captured scientist and away from the gunfire, the vampire viciously bit into man and drank the flowing blood. Fresh strength flowed through Ranma. When the man died, Ranma unceremoniously dropped the body.

Grinning in satisfaction, he turned around and grabbed the edges of the large machine which provided cover away from the energy beams. Previously, Ranma used the blood from Yuka or Sayuri to regenerate his wounds. Now that he was not injured, the vampire was now stronger. The wires and piping which connected it to the other equipment broke under the strain, and soon it was completely detached.

Yukiko realized what Ranma planned and quickly exclaimed, “Move!” The two dodged to either side as the machine was thrown at them and crashed into pieces. The female assistant was uninjured; however, Yukiko hit her left shoulder joint on a table and dislocated it, which made her scream in pain. The gun in that hand flew out into another pile of nearby wreckage. Over the other side of the broken machine, Yukiko could hear the assistant sobbing. The two froze, though, when they saw Ranma crouched predatorily on top of the shattered piece of equipment between them with an insane grin on his face.

After a few moments, the assistant could not take it any more. Shaking, she slowly backed up on the floor and whispered, “H-H-Help.” After a couple of moments, her plea was spoken again, but this time louder. “H-Help me.” Not able to take it anymore, she abruptly stood up and ran towards the exit. However, Ranma would not have that and jumped from his perch in front of the girl. She froze in terror at the proximity, even not flinching when he almost gently grabbed her by the shoulders. The woman did not utter a sound besides whimpering when he slowly bit into her neck. Soon her whimpers slowed down, and then eventually ended. Another body was released onto the floor.

Yukiko desperately searched for her gun or some other suitable weapon in the rumble. She could not see what happened with the other female scientist due to the wreckage between them, but the outcome was not hard to predict. A crunching noise behind her immobilized the bluette. Slowly turning, she saw Ranma Saotome standing half a meter away and squeezing the blood remaining in the assistant’s ripped-out heart into his mouth like getting juice from a piece of fruit.

Licking his lips after finishing, Ranma glanced down at his former tormentor with glee, ready to drink more blood.
ranmafan1
Senshi Candidate

Postby Comartemis » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:10 pm

Mwahahahaha! 'Like juice from a piece of fruit!' I love it! Sweet delicious vengeance upon one's tormentors is the best kind of violence! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Keep it coming, Ranmafan!
Currently Watching: Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu
Currently Playing: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
Currently Reading: Sora no Otoshimono

KILL the darkfic. BURN the angst. PURGE the Bad End.
Comartemis
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:54 am

Finally. I hope he slaughters more of them. This is the kind of cliffies I hate. I guess Yukiko will be saved somehow or else Ranma would probably already have killed her in this snippet.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby ranmafan1 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:40 pm

A little behind schedule, but here is the snippet :D.

-ranmafan1

Two shots rang through the air behind the vampire. Instinctively, though, Ranma dodged beforehand to side of the beams that nearly went straight through his heart and head. Turning towards the source, Ranma saw Yukio aiming his weapons at the teenager.

The blue-haired man growled, “Get away from my sister, freak!!!”

In response, Ranma snarled at the interruption of his meal and held up a hand towards Yukio. A black, crackling sphere formed in front of his open palm. With an inarticulate shout, the ball shot towards the other man at incredible speeds. Not able to dodge in time, Yukio was hit by the energy sphere. Unlike Ranma’s Moko Takabisha, the energy blast did not have any concussive force. Instead, it crawled over Yukio’s skin and electrocuted him.

Yukio screamed in agony of the pain he was experiencing. Even as he collapsed to the floor, his body still was twitching sporadically. Finally, the energy dissipated and the gunslinger’s body stopped moving. Yukio’s blank and dead gaze pierced outwards towards the two remaining people present.

“Y-Yukio,” stammered Yukiko, her pain forgotten, was in shock at what just happened.

Meanwhile, Ranma nearly collapsed after shooting the ki attack. He felt much more drained than he should after using such an attack and vampire was shaken out the bloodlust. Breathing somewhat heavily, Ranma looked at the carnage surrounding him and fought off the urge to throw up.

Suddenly, Sayuri interrupted his thoughts. ‘Ranma!’

Ranma glanced at the frozen scientist, who was still looking at her dead brother. Tearing his eyes away from the scene, the martial artist focused on the girl. ‘Yeah, Sayuri.’

‘Oh, thank god, Ranma! Yuka and I have both been trying to get in contact with you. We-We felt something…awful…through the link. A-Are you okay?’ stuttered Sayuri at the last part.

After a moment, Ranma responded, ‘Yeah, I had to…fight off a bunch of people, but I’m okay now.’ There was clear hesitation in his thoughts, but Sayuri decided not to press further. Suddenly, Ranma eyes widened, having forgotten in the bloodlust what he wanted to do. ‘Sayuri! They’re going to transfer the captured people here somewhere else! I’ve got to hurry and get them!’

Ranma sensed the panic welling up with Sayuri at the statement. She quickly added, ‘Oh god. We have to hurry! Ranma, the people attacking are here to rescue us. One of them got both Yuka and I out. We’ve been opening the cells and trying to find other people.’

Nodding to himself at the information, Ranma replied, ‘Okay, I’ll start at this end. You continue to open the cells on your end.”

Sayuri affirmed the plan, ‘Okay. Sounds like a plan. Good luck, Ranma.’

‘Same to you,’ responded the pigtailed teenager, who then closed the link. Looking down at the bluette, he grabbed her by the injured shoulder and lifted her up. The sudden pain jolted Yukiko out of staring at the corpse of her brother. Ignoring her pain, he growled, “All right. You’re coming with me.”

Despite her pain, Yukiko glared at the vampire, but said nothing.

Ranma was not affected by her hate and glared right back. Abruptly, he lifted her over his shoulder. Ignoring her protests, he ran out of the lab to search for the others.

A few moments after Ranma left, an unknown passageway opened under the stairs where the nearby pink-haired woman was impaled. Stepping out of the portal was Fumio Ishii, who then proceeded to look at the surroundings. Finding the appropriate console, he stepped over to it and typed at an exceedingly fast pace.

Finally, a small cube lifted up from a hidden panel next to where he was typing. The hand-size cube seemed to have a glowing fog contained within it. Taking the item, Fumio examined it carefully and then placed it within his lab coat pocket. As he was about to exit, he turned back and looked at the corpse of Yukio Aoki. Seeming to come to a decision, he walked to the body and easily lifted it onto his right shoulder with a strength one would not assume of his physique.

After he stepped into the passageway again with his cargo, the portal closed so completely, one would assume it had never been there. Shortly afterwards, all of the present equipment in the room began to age and decay at an alarming rate. Soon the machinery began to creak and break apart, falling to pieces and scattering throughout the room.

Meanwhile Ranma raced towards the nearest cell, which the vampire knew was Nabiki’s from his telepathic communications with Yuka and Sayuri. After coming to the door, he tried to punch and kick it open; however, it would not budge. Frowning, he glanced back at the scientist on his shoulder. Despite her renewed complaints he began to pat her down to try and find a key. Luckily there was one in the right coat pocket. Unlocking the door, he rushed inside.

The air was cold and somewhat foggy. Sitting on the bed across from the entrance was Nabiki, who was breathing heavily. Everything looked the same about her…except for the glowing, blue tattoos which were viewable across her arms, legs, and head. They seemed to form intricate patterns everywhere, including some symbols which were present on the back of each hand and on the shoulders.

Looking at him through hazy eyes, Nabiki commented, “Hey, Saotome. It sure took you long enough.”

Rushing to her side, Ranma was about to touch her when Nabiki held up a hand. “Easy there, Ranma. Let me get this under control first.” Closing her eyes, the middle Tendo daughter concentrated and slowly the glowing tattoos started to fade away, leaving unblemished skin, except for a small dark blue line which curled around the side of her left eye.

Taking a deep breath, she looked again at Ranma. Seeing the woman draped across his shoulder, she raised an eyebrow and commented, “That’s quite the literal interpretation on ‘picking up women,’ Ranma.” The pigtailed teenager snorted at the joke. Nabiki shrugged and said, “I’m assuming there’s no room for small talk here then.” Adopting a serious expression, she added, “Kasumi is located in the cell across the hall. I’ve seen her brought there shortly after we were taken. Go on ahead.” Glancing at Yukiko, Nabiki stated, “And leave our dear doctor here. I’ll look after her.”

Ranma appeared skeptical, but the urgency of the situation made him agree. After dropping Yukiko on the ground, he hurried out of the cell.

The scientist glared at the departing figure and then turned towards Nabiki. When it appeared that Yukiko was going to try and escape, the brown-haired girl warned, “I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” Slowly some of the tattoos appeared again. A cold chill was spreading throughout the room. “I don’t really have a good restraint of this.” Shivering from the cold, Yukiko stared at the girl across from her. “And we wouldn’t want to find out what would happen if I let it go fully, now would we?” Nabiki asked with a smirk. Yukiko settled down after that.

Ranma was now at the entrance of Kasumi’s cell. Holding out the key, he unlocked door. After opening it, the teenager ran inside, only to stop suddenly at the sight before him.

It was Kasumi alright, her face was the same, and so was the chestnut brown hair of hers. However, Kasumi did not have shining green eyes, nor did she have elongated and pointed ears. The eldest Tendo sister especially did not have thin, translucent butterfly wings sticking from her back.

“H-Hello, Ranma,” shakily greeted Kasumi.
ranmafan1
Senshi Candidate

Postby Dumbledork » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:08 am

Very interesting. So Nabiki has been turned into a yuki-onna and Kasumi into a fairy? Very nice ideas, and really fitting.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Outlines and Scenes