crossover idea twists

Where stuff about fanfiction that doesn't fit into any other category goes. Try to make sure that new topics here actually couldn't actually go somewhere else.

crossover idea twists

Postby WG_Writer » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:33 pm

Basically similiar to humor lists I have done, the idea here is to list crossover ideas, that are over done, and list an odd twist, something that probably wouldn't make a story on its own, but puts things on their head.
1. Ranma/DBZ cross, where the DBZ characters come to Ranma's earth and find out that the laws of Ki are so different that Goku in SSJ form's Kamehameha is as strong as Ranma's Moku T.
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby Metroidvania » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:57 pm

On the DBZ note, here's another one, only kind of humorous at the same time.
Ranma/DBZ cross..
Ranma suddenly gets sucked away to DB land......
Few days later, the crew manages to crossover, only to find Ranma as.....Master Roshi.
Princess of Hyperion
Spammaster Rank A
Appointed "Universal Translator" by Cyber_Skaarj on July 22, 2006
Metroidvania
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:55 am

How about this one. Ranma arrives at the Masaki shrine but is very hungry. He spots Ryo Ohki and thinks that he's a rabbit. While Ryo Ohki is roasting in the fire Ryoko arrives and tries to kill Ranma.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:35 am

Dumbledork wrote:How about this one. Ranma arrives at the Masaki shrine but is very hungry. He spots Ryo Ohki and thinks that he's a rabbit. While Ryo Ohki is roasting in the fire Ryoko arrives and tries to kill Ranma.
Funny, but Ryo-ohki is more powerful then Saffron and herb put to gether, and can do just about anything Ryoko can do. The idea of a cabbit beating up Ranma is funny.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:38 am

Zwzn wrote:Funny, but Ryo-ohki is more powerful then Saffron and herb put to gether, and can do just about anything Ryoko can do. The idea of a cabbit beating up Ranma is funny.

So we would have Ranma rotating slowly over a fire... hmm would Ryoko stop it or would Ranma have to wait for rescue from Washu? besides Ryo-ohki sounds like a cat... she would just chase him around until he snaps.
Last edited by WG_Writer on Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:44 am

Nested quotes Wargiver.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Metroidvania » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:45 am

Nested quotes, WarG.
Hmm......
In the scant few Love Hina fics, Ranma is paired with one other of the HinataSou girls.....
What say, he is one of them....
Naru's red hair, Motoko's or Suu's sword/martial arts skills....
Princess of Hyperion
Spammaster Rank A
Metroidvania
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Mitchell » Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:38 am

Just for the sheer randomness have a Naruto cross. After the manga Ranma is searching for strong opponents when he hears of a distant Dojo with a incredibly strong master. If you have not figured it out, in one of the Naruto Filler episodes Rock Lee opened a dojo on top of the Hokage Monument however only Naruto could be bothered to come to the top to challenge. Imagine Ranma showing up from thousands of miles away to challenge Rock Lee.
Mitchell
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:21 am

Sunshine wrote:Nested quotes Wargiver.

sorry, was at work when I posted that, don't know how I missed it though...
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Postby Waruiko » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:21 am

Mitchell wrote:Just for the sheer randomness have a Naruto cross. After the manga Ranma is searching for strong opponents when he hears of a distant Dojo with a incredibly strong master. If you have not figured it out, in one of the Naruto Filler episodes Rock Lee opened a dojo on top of the Hokage Monument however only Naruto could be bothered to come to the top to challenge. Imagine Ranma showing up from thousands of miles away to challenge Rock Lee.

Perhapes as a one-shot crack-fic. Naruto and Ranma don't mesh well unless you have a large plot to facilitate the filling of plot holes. This doesn't strike me like the basis for a long fic.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
(Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.)
Ignorance is curable; stupid is forever - Elizabeth Gibson
Waruiko
Senshi Cadet

Postby Metroidvania » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:28 am

Waruiko wrote:Perhapes as a one-shot crack-fic. Naruto and Ranma don't mesh well unless you have a large plot to facilitate the filling of plot holes. This doesn't strike me like the basis for a long fic.

Um....I think that's the point.
WarG's idea wrote wrote:Basically similiar to humor lists I have done, the idea here is to list crossover ideas, that are over done, and list an odd twist, something that probably wouldn't make a story on its own, but puts things on their head.
Princess of Hyperion
Spammaster Rank A
Metroidvania
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:58 am

.hack Ranma 1/2 cross.
After Tsukasa wakes up Morganna finds someone else more depressed.
Martial arts and ki on't work nearly as much as having powerful items or high levels do (something which will take time to accumulate; might not be enough time to effect a rescue), so the Ranma characters find themselves being trashed by just about everyone, including high-level PKs. Kasumi is a closet gamer? Curses are retained for some reason (so Ryoga is sometimes mistaken for a grunty whenever he falls into one of the numerous pools). Ranma runs afoul of the only cat in The World.
Not exactly over done, but the Hack/Ranma crosses I've seen have Ranma kicking everyone's ass in The World, as he carries over his skill in real life into the game world. I think it would be more humorous if he'd find out that's a level 1 character and meeting up with people with even bigger egos than he has.
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Lord Aries Greymon » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:25 am

Hmmm, crazy ideas eh?
A Ranma/Slayers crossover, but instead of Ranma being Lina, or most of the rest of the cast, something goes really wrong with the crossover, and Ranma ends up possessing Xellos.
(note, this could work just as well as a possessed by, as the two personalities seem to fight for dominance. Ranma is usually the dominant one, and this could either be because his willpower is Greater than Xellos', or because Xellos finds it usefull to let the moron be the dominant one.)
Naval Warrior Lord/Lady of Io.
Schizotechnician.
Thermonuclear Firebug.
Character Dossier
Lord Aries Greymon
Prism Power Senshi

Postby crystlshake » Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:33 am

Id go with the later one LAG. Then Xellos can play master manipulator on anouther level by 'helping' Ranma along a bit.
----
'Hey kid wanna see a neat trick?'
"This isnt going to be anouther brilliant idea like sending me to wake up that that anoying klutz is it?"
They breifly share a shudder at recalling that little mishap.
'Er... no, not a chance. Mazoku honor!'
Ranma stops in the middle of the street dubiously for a moment.
'Im serious this time! You know how her speaches make us feel.'
Ranma's mood brightens at that reminder, loosing a little edge at the accompanying stomache ache.
'Would you quit that!' The mazoku grumbles darkly.
One resighned sigh later...
'So, all you have to do is focus, picture where you want to be and 'Poof', there you are!'
"I dont know, seems kinda far fetched to me...."
'Sigh. Fine just relax and Ill show you.'
One teleport demonstration later....
"This isnt going to be like that ice spell is it?"
'No, its as natural to us, or myself at least as breathing. A perfectly normal body function. You shouldnt be able to screw it up even if you try.'
"You said something like that about the ice spell too, and that violent chick's snickering is really getting anoying...."
The sudden twitching of their eyebrow gave voice to the level of frustration that at least one part of them was experiencing.
'Really? I never noticed! You arnt the smartest horse in the barn are you? Its not like were going around killing things. And as long as you dont do something stupid or dump us near Lina....'
The sudden displacement of air signified to the ranting presence that he probably should keep a better eye on this idiot human he was stuck with. Xellos fought against the sudden parallisis that the parasite was struck with and looked down. Yep hot spring. He valiently tried to ignore the reaction his body was going thrue. His passenger had too much control of their body for even Xellos' own formidible mental presence to sucessfully pull them out of the proverbial fire. At least the human would learn a valuable lesson as he bore the brunt of the physical manifestation of Lina's feminine furry.
'Hmm... she's grown a little.'
"Gurk!"
'The willow knows what the storm does not. The power to endure pain outlives the power to inflict it.' -MtG, Blood of the Martyr
Appointed Spamville Inquisition Deputy by Shadell September 27, 2006.
Appointed Himitsu's Loyal Left Hand Girl October 26, 2006.
crystlshake
Moon Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:10 pm

Ranma/Naruto cross where Ranma is sealed in Hinata.
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Next

Return to Miscellaneous