I don't know how to remove this hard drive...

Talk about various bits of technology (both hardware and software) here. Also used for troubleshooting and other problems.

I don't know how to remove this hard drive...

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:35 pm

The two screws I need to remove are in rather stupid places. I can probably break the green plastic if I have to, but I need to get that metal part away from the other one and I don't see how to remove it.

2014-07-14 15.24.54.jpg
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Re: I don't know how to remove this hard drive...

Postby talonhunter » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:56 pm

Your suppose to gently lift the tab away with your screwdriver tip, leaving the screw in the recess to keep it from getting lost...but if you want to remove the plastic, you will need to push it back towards the case lip and lift it looks like
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:45 pm

I could push it to the right one millimeter, and lift the tabs out from beneath the hard drive, but that's it. Won't budge in any other way. I'm just gonna break it like the trash it is.

The main problem is the metal part that the side cover slides over at the front. I see no way to move it since it's a small bend in a much larger piece of metal, and I don't see any way to detach the hard drive's casing from it. All I can imagine -- for a solution -- is the use of a power tool to cut the metal away. What in the world were they thinking when they put this thing together? And how the hell did they get that screw in there in the first place? :x
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:43 pm

If you loosen the other screw, check if you can move the HDD, the other screw may not be tightened against anything.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:43 pm

I got the screw that was underneath the plastic out, but the hard drive still didn't budge. I decided to check the other side, and guess what? More screws where the other two (now one) are located. That side doesn't open up like the other, nor do I see a way to do it. I can open the front and have an easier time reaching those screws, but I don't have any Phillips head screwdrivers that are less than two and a half inches long in their entirety. -_-
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Return to Tech