New stuff woot!!!

Talk about various bits of technology (both hardware and software) here. Also used for troubleshooting and other problems.

New stuff woot!!!

Postby talonhunter » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:19 pm

So, the new iPhone comes out next month, as does the Samsung Galaxy 3. After breaking my eighth iPhone in theist 15 months, I'm hoping for a more durable smart phone. Who's heard the testing specks on Hess two yet?
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Re: New stuff woot!!!

Postby PCHeintz72 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:50 pm

talonhunter wrote:So, the new iPhone comes out next month, as does the Samsung Galaxy 3. After breaking my eighth iPhone in theist 15 months, I'm hoping for a more durable smart phone. Who's heard the testing specks on Hess two yet?

I should note, if you are breaking that many that fast, you may want to consider a different and more durable platform...
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Yando » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:52 pm

talonhunter wrote:So, the new iPhone comes out next month, as does the Samsung Galaxy 3. After breaking my eighth iPhone in theist 15 months, I'm hoping for a more durable smart phone. Who's heard the testing specks on Hess two yet?

Ok gotta ask, what are you doing to all those poor iphones?

And yeah, what the above said: Might go with one that doesn't cost 200ish to replace
Yando
Senshi Candidate

Postby talonhunter » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:16 pm

I drive for a living and the phones fall and bounce around sometimes... The prior 6 were all iPhone 4 units and I bike the glass on two of them when they fell out of my pocket. The others were quality control problems from overhearing batteries to bad speakers. Last 4s was a charging and data port issue, this one is a overheating battery and broken glass issue...plus it only holds a two hour charge now

=^*^=
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:12 pm

talonhunter wrote:I drive for a living and the phones fall and bounce around sometimes... The prior 6 were all iPhone 4 units and I bike the glass on two of them when they fell out of my pocket. The others were quality control problems from overhearing batteries to bad speakers. Last 4s was a charging and data port issue, this one is a overheating battery and broken glass issue...plus it only holds a two hour charge now

Ok, you should totally change to something else!
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Konsaki » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:43 pm

Look into buying some insurance or at least some protective coverings for the damn thing... I might not have an iphone or like them myself but to see the tech get beat up like that... :(
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:23 pm

Otterbox Defender cases. They work very well for protection if you're only looking for a case. Available for most phones, just check Amazon. There is also an 'Armor' Case type which is supposed to make them waterproof. I have no experience with that however.

If you're looking for something rugged and are on Verizon Casio makes G'Zone phones that are designed to be tough. Older model: here. Their website says a new one is coming soon however. Though regardless they are nowhere near current or high end spec wise. But they are supposed to do the whole waterproof, shock proof thing without a case.

Best bet in my opinion though? Just get the Otterbox and whatever phone you want.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:00 am

Speaks the truth.

I haz one and it gives enough buffer and padding to not screw it up. 3 levels of protection!
"Oh no! What haz happened? As you cats would say." Akane asked, horrified.

"Cats do not speak that way!" Luna yelled.

"Normal sucks."-Noy Telinú
Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:05 pm

I use Otterbox to keep my phone protected, but nothing will protect 100% and fall onto exposed bolts or large rocks in a gravel parking lot

=^*^=
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:54 pm

So...I'm trying to download the new V3 English voice bank for Miku...only my poor old aircard can't keep the speed up for the download. Getting frustrated...>.<

=^*^=
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:09 pm

PS4 pre ordered...iPhone 5s ordered...lavino laptop picked up((goodbye Effin' HP))...now to salvage my karaoke software so I can use the new soundcraft mixer with the new laptop...yes music and tech make me a happy fanfiction writer... :wink:

=^*^=
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:12 pm

Shouldn't that be fan-musician composer, instead? :P
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:31 pm

Nah...all my music is either parody or original gibberish...((though a lot like some of my fanfic ideas lately))

=^*^=
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:29 pm

So...after months of searching, I stopped at a frys in D/FW to have a salesman there tell me sony has discontinued the PS 4!cameras til the games are released that use it. I then pop into Walmart the next morning looking for something else and find they have one. Saves me big because eBay sellers are asking at least double. Now since I got mine I've found about25 in various walmarts around the country. Looks like the peeps at Fry's fail again by deciding if they can't get it, it's discontinued. Jerks

((Oh, I also finally mbroje down and bought a iPad mini so I don't loose my notes for stories again when my phone breaks))

=^*^=
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:53 pm

talonhunter wrote:So...after months of searching, I stopped at a frys in D/FW to have a salesman there tell me sony has discontinued the PS 4!cameras til the games are released that use it. I then pop into Walmart the next morning looking for something else and find they have one. Saves me big because eBay sellers are asking at least double. Now since I got mine I've found about25 in various walmarts around the country. Looks like the peeps at Fry's fail again by deciding if they can't get it, it's discontinued. Jerks

Well... it is possible they did not lie, and that what you see is existing stock.

((Oh, I also finally mbroje down and bought a iPad mini so I don't loose my notes for stories again when my phone breaks))

So... what will happen when the ipad breaks? I sure hope you intend to keep backups somewhere, ideally not on cloud, but any backup is better than n backup.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Next

Return to Tech