The Very Best in Fics From Overlooked Series

Talk about all other fanfictions in this forum.

Postby KonokoHasano » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:29 pm

I tried reading this, and gave up - NObody this side of Superman is going to lie in a coma for a solid year, then be lucid immediately upon waking. Don't even think of them walking out the door to start hunting down the past year. Months of physical therapy, there.

I suppose I'll try again, but it better improve pretty face, er, fast.

If you're bringing that issue up about the FANFIC, then the issue is kind of a moot point considering that that's how it was in the manga as well.

You know, the most annoying thing that keeps us from reading/watching certain things is the issue of our logic getting into the way and pointing out glaring issues that just can't be ignored easily. Sometimes it's easy to ignore logic, and then sometimes it just keeps pounding us in the back of the head with a 2x4 until we listen. :(
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:06 pm

KonokoHasano wrote:If you're bringing that issue up about the FANFIC, then the issue is kind of a moot point considering that that's how it was in the manga as well.

You know, the most annoying thing that keeps us from reading/watching certain things is the issue of our logic getting into the way and pointing out glaring issues that just can't be ignored easily. Sometimes it's easy to ignore logic, and then sometimes it just keeps pounding us in the back of the head with a 2x4 until we listen. :(

Oh, I agree. If I can deal with anime physics, I should be able to deal with anime physicians. But it doesn't always work that way.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby EdenB » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:13 pm

Name - Zero no Tsukaima The Award (Sequels named 'The Mission' and 'Welcome Home').

Link - http://www.fanfiction.net/u/804252/jayb

Type - General

Series- Zero no Tsukaima/Familiar of Zero

Crossover - None

Description - A possible continuation from soon after the end of the second series (Futatsuki no Kishi). Shows Saito being recognised for his heroism, the effects and opens for the next two stories. Some OOCness for most characters, but it's not terrible in most cases.

Reason for Recommendation - While it certainly wouldn't qualify for 'best story ever', it sets the stage for the second and third in the series which are somewhat better. These are probably the best that I've found in the lacking Zero no Tsukaima category though, which is an overlooked series (for Fanfiction at least) so it fits in here.
EdenB
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Atlan » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:32 pm

Name - "Island of Mystery and Death" by Sean M. Cogan
Link - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1870858/1/I ... _and_Death
Type - Fantasy/Adventure
Series - League of Extrordanary Gentlemen
Crossover - n/a
Description - Allan Quatermain and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen investigate a bizzare string of killings and uncover a dark plot by the nefarious Dr. Frankenstein.

Reason for recomending: It sticks to the spirit of the movie, and there are some entertaining cameo's by other figures out of litrature- Jungle Book's Mowgli, Quasimodo, and the accountant of the League is none other than Ebenezer Scrooge.
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Re: The Very Best in Fics From Overlooked Series

Postby BF110C4 » Mon May 09, 2011 10:20 pm

Hot Shot» by Laetans

An AU version of the story where Masumi discovers Maya's incredible talent when he's a teenager and she's only six. He decides to make her stardom his personal mission as a means of proving to his father and the Daito board that he can build a star.
Garasu no Kamen - Rated: T - English - Humor/Romance - Chapters: 36 - Words: 193,008 - Reviews: 193 - Updated: 5-8-11 - Published: 3-18-11

This one is a fic based on The Glass Mask, it has some minor spelling errors, but they do not detract from either the story nor the characterization, plus the update rate is just crazy, almost every other day, sometimes each day and a few extraordinary times twice a day.
BF110C4
Senshi Candidate

Re: The Very Best in Fics From Overlooked Series

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Fri May 20, 2011 10:53 am

I enjoyed the "Here Is Greenwood" story Extended Play by Ukyou Kuonji. A well-written 30,000-word take on a joke from the first episode.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Previous

Return to Fiction Discussion