Crossovers that could never be

Talk about all other fanfictions in this forum.

Re: Crossovers that could never be

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:24 am

In matters of unlikely crossovers, you can never discount anything. There once was an officially-published comic-book crossover between Archie and Punisher. I've seen semi-functional crossovers between Ranma and Maria-sama ga Miteru. Ryouga versus the Road Runner was a positive triumph of the improbable crossover.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:24 pm

A Crossover I can think of but know would never happen. Gen - 1 My Little Pony and Robotech. But not the first series the characters from the original special. The Sea Ponies. I don't think they could respond to an SOS in space.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:50 pm

lol. How about Ranma/Tetris?
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Knight of L-sama » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:30 pm

There are no impossible crossovers. Some are merely harder than others.

Off course there are probably some combinations that are only functionally possible as crack/fic or parody.
If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million nights, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Knight of L-sama
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:22 pm

If you are so sure of that then how about doing that Robotech and My Little Pony one? And don't forget they sing out loud every time they show up.

Edit again: Here are the two videos from before the first season of My Little Pony for character reference Firefly's Adventure and Escape from Catrina

edit: Thought I hit edit a moment ago and it ended up a new post.

Right now I wish I had the 2001 tales of Shaharazad I think that was the title. There are some stories in there which would be great to suggest on this and most people only know the tale of Aladdin Or more accurately Alibaba and the 40 thieves mixed with Aladdin.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar R » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:54 pm

So long as the author is allowed to get away with putting together an alternate universe of any particular series, then any crossover should be possible. While I don't know much about History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, I don't think you'd have to go that far for it and Ranma 1/2 to work. That's because a crossover doesn't necessitate that everything and everyone from a series be brought to bear, nor does it mean that the main characters have to make any sort of appearance or have a significant role. I think the real problem isn't how you fit characters from different series into a coherent plot, but if the result will ultimately entertain the reader or not. You might get away with another family relation making it possible for the characters to meet (which happens quite often with Ranma 1/2), but a boring story will always fail.
Crescent Pulsar R
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby mondu_the_fat » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:18 pm

Off course there are probably some combinations that are only functionally possible as crack/fic or parody.

While I mostly agree, some crack fics still can't pull off certain crossovers, such as those where at least on of the franchises is very depressing and turning it into a crack fic is just bad taste. For example, the Diary of Anne Frank and a harem anime.

Oddly enough, I saw a brief comic about the Holocaust turned into a harem anime. It was a parody, however, because the artist hated the concept.
"So Igor wasn't kidding. Most people just ensure they won't die cold and alone by making friends...I gain superpowers and have mysterious voices tell me I did a good job. My life is a goddamn mess."
-- Minato Arisato, My Life is a Goddamn Mess
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby frice2000 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:40 pm

Diary of Anne Frank and a harem anime. They are all Jews living together in secret in a conspirators attic. Whacky hijinks commence while hiding from the Nazi's. It works just fine. Ranma with an orthodox beard and seven wives...God damn what an awful image thanks for that.
frice2000
Asteroid Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:01 pm

Whether something could work or not doesn't stop authors from trying, that's for sure. I'm thinking specifically of the person who wrote that crossover between The Diary of Anne Frank and Dragonball Z.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:18 pm

Don't ask me to link to it because I refuse to look up the link again. But if you think that Diary of Anne Frank and DBZ is bad you should see Titanic, The Decaprio one, crossed with the 5th Element, All outer space aspects dropped. Oh and what makes it agonizing is its Slash And it includes both the Pound Puppies and Harry Potter (Harry using magic to keep the talking dogs from being noticed of all things.) but they are more cameos for commentary. They were giving sex acts the Statler and Waldorf treatment.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:21 pm

Don't ask me to link to it because I refuse to look up the link again.

Don't worry; I won't. :x

But if you think that Diary of Anne Frank and DBZ is bad you should see Titanic, The Decaprio one, crossed with the 5th Element, All outer space aspects dropped. Oh and what makes it agonizing is its Slash And it includes both the Pound Puppies and Harry Potter (Harry using magic to keep the talking dogs from being noticed of all things.) but they are more cameos for commentary. They were giving sex acts the Statler and Waldorf treatment.

... :shock: ...

I think I'd better stop typing now.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:47 am

Spokavriel wrote: Don't ask me to link to it because I refuse to look up the link again. But if you think that Diary of Anne Frank and DBZ is bad you should see Titanic, The Decaprio one, crossed with the 5th Element, All outer space aspects dropped. Oh and what makes it agonizing is its Slash And it includes both the Pound Puppies and Harry Potter (Harry using magic to keep the talking dogs from being noticed of all things.) but they are more cameos for commentary. They were giving sex acts the Statler and Waldorf treatment.

I AM SORRY, THE WAY YOU DECIDBE THIS IS VERY AMUSING AND I HAVE TO SAY THANK YOU FR THE LAUGH ON THE THOUGHT OF THE LAST SENTANCE OF THE SOMMENTERY ON THE SEX ACTS FROM THE POUND PUPPYS.......OH MY GOD.............(FALLS OUT OF CHAIR ROLLING ON THE FLOOR)
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:12 am

Bah...

Some make no sense to me... But I've seen some odd ones that were quite amusing over the years, like:

- Tenchi and Barney
- Tenchi and a sort of Whos on First Abbott and Costello re-enactment
- Tenchi and Hellraiser (they determine they can do nothing to Tenchi to make his life worse than it is)

Some that would seem incompatible IMHO I've seen work quite well, like:

- Babylon 5 and Gunsmith Cats
- El Hazard and Sailor Moon
- My Me Strawberry Eggs and a Evil Sailor Moon kingdom
- Neon Genesis and Birdy the Mighty
- Neon Genesis and Please Teacher
- Ranma and Kim Possible
- Ranma and Panzer Dragoon Saga
- Ranma and Tron
- Ranma and Xenogears
- Ranma and You're under Arrest
- Sailor Moon and Wheel of Time
- Tenchi Muyo and Babylon 5
- Tenchi and Justice League (or well... Superman and a few others at least)

On the other hand... I've seen some doozies the make me want to beat down authors doors with a baseball bat and put some serious hurt on them...

- Neon Genesis and Transformers (saw one with Rei Ayanami as Megatrons main squeeze girlfriend...)
- Neon Genesis and Sailor Moon
- Neon Genesis and Ikkitouen
- Ranma and Herbie the Love Bug
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:24 am

i think i might have that herby and ranma crossover saved somewhere i know i read the think a few months ago....yes it was ok...but not the greatest though.
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Next

Return to Fiction Discussion