taking the over powerd ranma concept to the extreme

Talk about all other fanfictions in this forum.

taking the over powerd ranma concept to the extreme

Postby toushin » Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:56 pm

Would you consider these fics as a good example of what ranma would end up like when taken away from genma
http://aamark4.tripod.com/id7.html
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: taking the over powerd ranma concept to the extreme

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:55 pm

toushin wrote:Would you consider these fics as a good example of what ranma would end up like when taken away from genma
http://aamark4.tripod.com/id7.html

Ummm... your thread topic and the 1st post do not seem to match.

But...

For overpowered Ranma, I still tend to think of Puck Silverbreeze stories

For Ranma taken from Genma, that would entirely depend upon circumstances and timing. A Ranma taken from Genma at age 4 would be far different form one taken at 15.
Last edited by PCHeintz72 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:01 pm

The earlier a Ranma is taken from Genma the less likely he is to turn out like Ranma in the main series. Without at least the Neko-ken there really isn't enough time with Genma to even ensure that Ranma ends up growing up to be a Martial Artist at all. Much less an over powered one. Now to the other side. Depending on who Ranma ends up with it will effect what kind of Ranma you have for the story. Say Ranma Diggers. Would he be a geek or end up training with the Arms Master of Jade? Nothing in Ranma getting separated from Genma assures anything beyond the fact Ranma will end up different.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby toushin » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:19 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:Ummm... your thread topic and the 1st post do not seem to match.

Sorry about that the thread topic was meant as a joke because I figured these collection of fanfics would be more well known. The title of the thread represents the fact that each ranma in the anime addiction fanfics is incredible powerful some even near Omni-potent. Yet all are far above even happosai and cologne.

Now for the actual topic, though each ranma is relatively different they all have universal traits they all seem to have a deep hatred for genma and anyone related to him (at least those who remember him), anything that involves their past before leaving genma or anything having to do with him they are completely indifferent to.

I myself only noticed the last trait when I read the great crossover crises specifically the part where they met the original ranma. Each judged him harsely because he never left genma, and thus let the chaos around him happen, while forgetting the convenience of their situations.

after re-reading each of the major fanfics i found myself not really liking the various ranma's
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby ckosacranoid » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:32 pm

anything dbz is over the top to start with for power levels, anything where he becomes a god is over the top also.....need we go on?
http://otakuracing.blogspot.com/
my blog for busniess and other things i do.
ckosacranoid
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Fiction Discussion