A Tenchi Muyo/Babylon 5/Ryanverse/Sailor Moon crossover

Talk about all other fanfictions in this forum.

A Tenchi Muyo/Babylon 5/Ryanverse/Sailor Moon crossover

Postby Tuisto » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:45 pm

http://www.warringersworks.de/index.php?title=Back_Home

Talk about mega-crossovers!

I've not yet read more than chapter one of this story, so I can't say much.
I found it though a lackadaisical search, I wasn't even looking for Tenchi fanfiction.
Now, honestly I'm timid to read this fanfic. Why? Tenchi Muyo; a fine series if a little jilted in any real plot formation. Babylon 5, I -LOVED- B5, the enigmatic Vorlons... The Shadow War, such a mystery. Ryanverse; whoa-boy, there's been some seriously awesome plots written by -that- Genius. And Sailor Moon, I honestly don't care for SM the anime or manga, I -DO- like fanfictions, go figure.
Now, think for a moment, and add up those four -VERY- different fiction universes, throw them all into a blender and hit "frappe", and now tell me you too aren't afraid of such a fanfiction!

It surely must shatter preconceived notions we all have of our favourite cannon fandoms. And if it doesn't; well hot damm, that writer must be The Almighty's gift to fanfiction.
Seriously; 58 chapters, PLUS side story's, all built on four unlikely realms... whoa... just whoa.

Well, I've done my due diligence in bringing such an odd fic to light, I'm now going to try and read it, and enjoy it, without losing my already fragile grip on reality as we all know it.

http://www.warringersworks.de/index.php?title=Back_Home

Also, while I hold a captive audience(various muffled and gagged sounds come from back room), anyone know of any fics that cross Stargate:Atlantis and Tenchi, Ranma or Ah!MyGoddess?
Only reason I ask is I had a daydream;
On the bridge of the Daedalus, John Sheppard said with his usual lazy drawl, "I can't wait to meet these Jurries, Danial Jackson is so hot to meet and greet..."
McKay groaned and put his face into his hands and muttered in such a patronizing way, "Juraian's, John, they're Juraian's, you know, descendants of the Ancients, and they have ZPMS, many many ZPMS..."
Teyla just looked on amusedly at the earth boys banter.
(Please, someone -shoot- me if I write this while Daimakaicho Ranma is still unfinished.)

Okay?
Okay.
Death threats?
Um... not okay.

EDIT I've gotten to chap 9, this is a pretty decent story, I'm finding.
Common spelling errors are repeated, a quick of the author no doubt, but still interesting.
Obfirmo absentis sententia... Imperium mens...
Tuisto
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Cheb » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:39 am

It was surprisingly good at first, the author put some thought into merging the universes. :)
But then he ran out of ideas and the fic degenerated into a hardcore lemon. :(
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Tuisto » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:42 am

Wow, I simply forgot about this thread, but yes, I agree, the story did degrade.
Obfirmo absentis sententia... Imperium mens...
Tuisto
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Cheb » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:59 am

Wow, I simply forgot about this thread,

Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:45 am

:shock: How did it get into the ranks of recent posts? A forum bug?
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Screwball » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:04 am

No idea. Clearly the internet gremlins wanted it to be seen. :p

Anyway, basically everything Warringer writes has the problem that he runs out of steam somewhere between six and ten chapters in and either starts writing something else, or suffers a dramatic decline in quality. It's a shame, because he comes up with some really great ideas, not all of which are on that site it looks like. The search on SB is still down, so I can't post links, but most of those are the ones that he just stopped writing.
After careful study of Number One's biographic work My Ceaseless Quest to Conquer Earth and Destroy its Puny Inhabitants, we have come to the conclusion that the Ghast Empire may well be up to something rum.
Screwball
Asteroid Senshi

Postby al103 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:53 am

Given that he returned to Back Home (though i greatly agree on declining quality... or more correctly earthwank) there are good chances that other works will be revisited too.
al103
Senshi Cadet

Postby PCHeintz72 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:47 am

Ummm.... Oddly, I am currently rereading this. Currently in the 2nd arc. I should note only one lemon scene is in this, and that is fairly early in the first arc. Been following it for years, since it started as a AA thread, before it was abandoned there due to disagreements with the mod there.

I quite like it.

I should note though, that while the thing has not been updated in quite some time, there are many arcs, sidestories, and redos of it. Both on his homepage, and on the Maximum Addventure.

There is from the home page:

- 'Back Home' - 1st main arc
- 'Back Home - Dual Wars' - 2nd main arc
- 'Back Home - Tales' - SS1
- 'Back Home - DaNalio' - SS2
- 'Back Home - Pacifica' - SS3
- 'Back Home - Minako Aino and the Secret Society' - SS4

- A rewrite with Tenchi being part of Battlestar Galactica instead of Bablyon 5.

There is from the Maximum Addventure:

- 'Back Home - A new Home'
- 'Back Home - After Nerima'
- 'Back Home - Armageddon'
- 'Back Home - Empire'
- 'Back Home - The Da Nalio Case'
- 'Back home - The Power of Will'

I do wish he would get back to these... Oh well.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Fiction Discussion