On a Clear Day You Can See Forever (ranma/sailor moon)

Talk about all other fanfictions in this forum.

On a Clear Day You Can See Forever (ranma/sailor moon)

Postby EndlessDreamer » Thu May 08, 2008 11:09 am

Summary: All roads look the same when you don't know where you're going, and Ranko Saotome travels roads that most people don't even realize exist. Or rather, he did; now he's become trapped in a strange world, one unlike his own. His path takes a strange turn, though, when he encounters a band of sailor girls who believe he is the avatar to armagaddon. Ranko will have to fight not only the enemies without, but his own inner demons as well, and the stakes are higher than his battered soul. The truth behind the mysterious crystal key and the dimensional links it commands is waiting to be wrested from the grasp of shadows, but they will not surrender their prize easily. For the time they have been awaiting is at hand.
The key has arrived, and with it the last element they require to extend their dominion over all the worlds ...

It's a Ranma/Sailor Moon crossover but Ranma is not a senshi. The BSSM universe is an AU one. I love this fic and therefore needed to let others know about it. Enjoy.

http://www.shadowchronicles.net/
EndlessDreamer
Initiate

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Thu May 08, 2008 1:24 pm

It's a good fic, but a LARGE one. Be sure to read it in order, and have a very comfy chair and a lot of supplies on hand.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby wildeman » Thu May 08, 2008 4:48 pm

Preferably in broad daylight.
wildeman
Senshi Cadet

Postby mondu_the_fat » Thu May 08, 2008 6:08 pm

Dammit. I have a feeling the last arc ("On a clear day") will end the same way all the other arcs did. (sigh).
mondu_the_fat
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Raneko » Fri May 09, 2008 12:10 am

Why did the others have a lot angst and un resloved plot and romantic threads?
Raneko
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Sky » Fri May 09, 2008 11:42 pm

Raneko wrote:Why did the others have a lot angst and un resloved plot and romantic threads?

All of the others, save On a Clear Day, are sequential. The first story explains where a lot of the angst comes from.

Mark McKinnon stopped writing that line of stories because it was getting tiring, and wanted to start fresh. On A Clear Day is the result of wanting to start.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."
-- Martin Luther King, Jr.
Sky
Senshi Cadet

Postby Dumbledork » Sat May 10, 2008 3:05 am

I'd like to see a happy end, but chances are slim in my opinion.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Uldihaa » Sun May 11, 2008 12:29 am

Sky wrote:All of the others, save On a Clear Day, are sequential. The first story explains where a lot of the angst comes from.

Mark McKinnon stopped writing that line of stories because it was getting tiring, and wanted to start fresh. On A Clear Day is the result of wanting to start.

From what I remember, Mark has said that On a Clear Day will tie back into the other series of fics, but it's going to take quite awhile before that happens. Cast a Long Shadow is where the reader is first introduced to the Ranma that would later be in On a Clear Day. My impression was that he needed to write On a Clear Day so that what he plans on happening to resolve things will seem, by that point, to flow naturally from previous events.

I think he's also said that On a Clear Day was going to be much, much bigger than the other fics combined.
Uldihaa
Senshi Cadet

Postby Cheb » Sun May 11, 2008 12:49 am

I must admit, I all but abandoned SR if favor of translating this thing.
The first 5 chapters already done (here)

I personally think that "On a clear day" could be read without the prior knowledge of its prequels -- it's built that way, all key events are mentioned, if vaguely.

The BSSM universe is an AU one.

And very vell done. But did anybody warn here about the limes? The wlole truckload of limes...?

"Usagi was meant for better things than that, and she knows it," Rei replied. "She's special."
"I know," Minako said with a fond smile.
"Do you?" Rei asked, her tone cutting. "Then why do you insist on throwing yourself at her
the way you do?"
"Come on, Rei," Minako shot back. "You're an experienced woman, I don't have to explain
this to you. Do I?"
"My point," Rei snapped. "Usagi has Mamoru. He's what she wants, she's made that pretty
clear ..."
"Fine by me," Minako replied. "I want our princess to be happy as much as you do, Rei."
"Really? Then why are you always mauling her, trying to confuse her?"
"It's called flirting, Rei," Minako said flatly. "I know for a fact that you're pretty good at it
yourself."
"There's a difference between flirtation and throwing yourself at someone!" Rei growled.
"Usagi is not some tavern wench, you know! You could show a little restraint!"
"You know what your problem is, Rei Hino?" Minako said, wrenching the wheel to bolt
around a pack of cars. "You've put Usagi up on a pedestal, ever since we discovered our lives in
the Silver Millennium. You treat her like some fragile glass sculpture that has to be protected
from everything. In the beginning, there was more than a little heat between you two, as I recall."
"Everything is about sex as far as you're concerned," Rei snapped.
"Don't deny it, babe," Minako replied. "I was there. But now you've idealized her relationship
with the shining prince, and I can't figure out why."
"Because she deserves to be happy!"
"I agree! But shouldn't she get to decide what makes her happy? She likes it when I hit on
her, Rei. It makes her feel sexy and desirable and wanted. She's a woman, and she needs to be
treated that way, not as some untouchable princess!" Minako turned her attention to the road,
and an awkward silence grew up between the two. Minako knew that, for some reason, Rei hated
to talk about Usagi in this context. She couldn't figure out why; Rei was at least as sensual a
woman as Minako herself, enjoying the pleasures of touch and the fine arts of flirtation and
seduction. Well, if Rei wanted to deny her own feelings for whatever reason, that was her
business.
Minako took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Rei's temper was up, and she wondered if the
silence would drag out until they reached the train station, or if Rei would give vent to her anger.
She could be pretty unreasonable when the subject was their princess.
"I just don't want her to get hurt." Rei's words were soft in the still air of the car's cabin, the
cutting edge of anger gone now, and Minako gave a silent sigh of relief.
"I don't either," Minako replied, changing lanes with a cursory glance over her shoulder. "But
unlike you, I don't think she's some fragile, innocent waif. She's pretty tough, and she knows
what she wants. Mamoru may have more on his hands then he bargained for."
"It's hard enough to find happiness in this screwed up city," Rei shot back darkly. "We should
be helping her, not getting in the way."
"Rei, I am not getting in the way!" Minako exclaimed, exasperated. "Usagi loves the
attention! It makes her feel beautiful and special, which she is. And I refuse to hide the fact that
I'd happily bed her. But if Mamoru makes her happy, then I'm all for them being together. I'm
not trying to steal her away from him. Why should I? After all, as princess she's entitled to
concubines, isn't she?"
That got Rei's attention.
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Atlan » Sun May 11, 2008 4:36 am

I think he's also said that On a Clear Day was going to be much, much bigger than the other fics combined.

I emailed him the other day, and he said that there are only a few chapters left of On A Clear Day. But the chapters are bigger than his other stories ones.

And very vell done. But did anybody warn here about the limes? The wlole truckload of limes...?

It's rather like Doctor Who/Torchwood's Captain Jack- lots of inuendo, but nothing too graphic.
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Uldihaa » Sun May 11, 2008 9:18 am

It's rather like Doctor Who/Torchwood's Captain Jack- lots of inuendo, but nothing too graphic.

There's also the Lime warning at the beginning of every chapter too. This alternate world seems to be rather fixated on sex and sensuality, as Ranma himself has seen and commented on.
Uldihaa
Senshi Cadet

Postby dogbertcarroll » Sun May 11, 2008 10:45 pm

I'll be avoiding it because it says Ranko Satome. I've never been fond of Ranko fics. They really should just use an OC or an SI and be done with it.
dogbertcarroll
Senshi Cadet

Postby Muramasa » Sun May 11, 2008 10:57 pm

Ranma being called Ranko only lasts a few chapters. So I wouldn't pass up on a good fic because of that. Give it a try Dogbertcarrol.
Muramasa
Senshi Cadet

Postby dogbertcarroll » Sun May 11, 2008 11:08 pm

You mean this isn't a thinly veiled 'female-Ranma locked for no reason' with no hope of being male again, despite the amount of magic we've seen, decides that being male was overrated and she loves the new her?
dogbertcarroll
Senshi Cadet

Postby Metroidvania » Sun May 11, 2008 11:26 pm

dogbertcarroll wrote:You mean this isn't a thinly veiled 'female-Ranma locked for no reason' with no hope of being male again, despite the amount of magic we've seen, decides that being male was overrated and she loves the new her?

No.
Princess of Hyperion
Spammaster Rank A
Appointed "Universal Translator" by Cyber_Skaarj on July 22, 2006
Metroidvania
Crisis Power Senshi

Next

Return to Fiction Discussion