Ranma 1/2 Clichés in good fanfiction

Talk about all other fanfictions in this forum.

Ranma 1/2 Clichés in good fanfiction

Postby Cyber_Skaarj » Tue May 02, 2006 11:49 am

What fics do you know that use the clichés commonly found in Ranma fanfics in an excellent manner? List them here!
We'll exclude Trimatter's Aftermath since the title practically screams that it uses clichés :wink:
As an example;
Cliché - Overuse of mallets.
Fic - Kenko's Girl Days, in which an entire chapter is devoted to the use of the mallet, and everyone gets to use one (Ranma even gets her own customised "Ran-mallet" :lol:).
"Never send a Henchkitty to do an assassin's job..."
The Devils Creed

Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu, 11th March 2007
Cyber_Skaarj
Moon Senshi

Postby migele » Tue May 02, 2006 2:53 pm

Mallet Clichee.
Reminds me of an Ranma/SM cross. Damn the title ... Lunocrazy
maybe I'll remember tomorrow.
I remember the girls flocking Ranma, not to the extreme but still well mqade. maybe I'll find out which one it was
migele
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby TerraEpon » Tue May 02, 2006 9:42 pm

As good as Oz's fics are, he uses a LOT of cliches in them -- hell, The Best of Times is based on one ('Setsuna controls every little thing' sort)
-Joshua
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby crystlshake » Wed May 03, 2006 3:10 am

Starting a fic via Air Akane. Its not bad per se', but is better with a twist. Like when instead of Ranma falling into trouble or adventure it falls onto him. Granted its useful but its about as cliche' as the mock episode intro where there is a few seconds of serenity before the morning calm is shattered by something to do with Ranma.
Maybe someone could twist the morning disturbance to be Kasumi entering her kitchen and her scream waking up the household when she discovers Akane got up to make a mid night snack and didnt clean up after herself.... Hmm... the angles that could go could be good.
Metting Hotaru by saving her from being bullied is overdone as well. It doesnt bother me too much since it is a convenient introduction (especially to Ranma, perhaps change the cast member out to one of the other Nerima gang or something) and though Im unsure of it's cannon-ness it would seem to be a likely possibility (at least if she were that different in an american school).
I wonder if the senshi could choose not to remember or embrace their past selves. If one of them did they may loose some conformity with the group but on the other hand could prevent them from making the same mistakes as someone who already died. Of course embracing it could prevent them from making mistakes with things that were still relevant so it could become quite the character delima.
Seeing Gosunkugi or some of the other bit players not getting much of a shot at things other than being an anoying bump on the road. Even without any tweaks to the characters, I imagine him and Tsubasa could be quite the handfull on occasion. Whether by luck or desighn would be open for development.
Hmm....
1 Female Dressed Tsubassa + 1 Unusual Costume of an Innocuous Inadimate Object + 1 Target (of the accurate or inacurate type) - 2 Unexpected Reactions = 1 Hilarious or Embarassing 'Youma' Encounter for Senshi and/or Target (especially if the 'youma' won the encounter)
crystlshake
Moon Senshi

Postby Cyber_Skaarj » Wed May 03, 2006 10:54 am

crystlshake - the point of this topic is not to list clichés that you know about, it's to list fics that use those clichés well. If you have a list of clichés, point us in the direction of fics that do them in an enjoyable-to-read way.
"Never send a Henchkitty to do an assassin's job..."
The Devils Creed

Appointed Spammer Rank C By Himitsu, 11th March 2007
Cyber_Skaarj
Moon Senshi

Postby Atlan » Thu May 04, 2006 4:03 am

Girl Days- Happosai summons a demon, like normal.
The command he gives to the demon- steal all the clothes that the Nermain schoolgirls are wearing, leaving their underwear still on the girls.
The Banana, the Atheist's Nightmare:

God made it with a non-slip surface, a color coded system so we know when to eat it, and an easy open tab at the top of the banana. It's just the right shape for a mouth and is easy to digest!!
Atlan
Asteroid Senshi

Postby migele » Thu May 04, 2006 7:41 am

Redheads - Ranma and Lina stuffing themselves way too much.
And blowing things up.
migele
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dark Magic » Thu May 04, 2006 2:20 pm

The story "A Trip to Self" by Trugeta has a good amount of cliches.
One of them being the perfect Kasumi for Ranma it also has Ranma and Ryouga all of a sudden becoming really good friends.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2318096/1/
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Draconis Stelanaris » Thu May 04, 2006 6:10 pm

Could some one post a link to Readheads for me, or tell me where it its on the net? Please?
"And who said I was human, pray tell?" -Me
Come the Storm, Come the Flame, be thou Frozen those that opose!
Draconis Stelanaris
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby migele » Thu May 04, 2006 6:14 pm

not on Keno's site ... interessting.
If no one finds It I could mail it to you.
migele
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dark Magic » Thu May 04, 2006 6:27 pm

Draconis Stelanaris wrote:Could some one post a link to Readheads for me, or tell me where it its on the net? Please?

Here's the story couldn't find it on any website but this is the most updated version I have at least.
http://www.fanfic.net/pub/Anime/FanFictions/Ranma/ranma.slayers.redheads.gz
Dark Magic
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby TerraEpon » Thu May 04, 2006 9:49 pm

Redheads is the semi-sequal to Girl Days, in case you didn't know.
-Joshua
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby migele » Fri May 05, 2006 6:23 am

yes it is, pity both are abandoned. hmm next cliche
Neko-ken maybe. you think primal Ranma is a good one or not?
migele
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Draconis Stelanaris » Fri May 05, 2006 8:40 am

Gratia. Now how to get him to finish it and its kin? Hmmm...
"And who said I was human, pray tell?" -Me
Come the Storm, Come the Flame, be thou Frozen those that opose!
Draconis Stelanaris
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby migele » Wed May 10, 2006 4:39 am

make a petition?
Ranma in Neko-ken stories, good ones at least. That mean where he only goes to people he likes, kisses them and such.
Ryoko Saotome maybe!
migele
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Next

Return to Fiction Discussion