Poor Jupiter and Saturn...

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Poor Jupiter and Saturn...

Postby Té Rowan » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:30 am

https://www.space.com/saturn-20-newfound-moons-naming-contest.html

You know, I'm now imagining S. Jupiter and S. Saturn grumbling about having to wrangle scores of minor senshi, and then either or both of the blondes go(es): "It could have been worse." "HOW?" "Babies." Silence as two girls turn very pale.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Poor Jupiter and Saturn...

Postby Neko- » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:49 am

Damn you for planting that idea in my mind... Now I can't unthink Hotaru standing bewildered, as a flood of chibi-hotaru's runs wild...
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:28 am

As long as the chibis stay chibi, it shouldn't be too bad. They'll only unleash minor devastation. So send them to Furinkan when they reach school age; it's used to devastation.
Attachments
PlanetSizes.jpg
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spica75 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:49 am

Té Rowan wrote:https://www.space.com/saturn-20-newfound-moons-naming-contest.html

You know, I'm now imagining S. Jupiter and S. Saturn grumbling about having to wrangle scores of minor senshi, and then either or both of the blondes go(es): "It could have been worse." "HOW?" "Babies." Silence as two girls turn very pale.

:mrgreen: :lol:

Wanna know another fun fact?

I checked my old "book about everything" from 1978 (great book to have around when you can barely read, excellent pictures and about as objective facts as is possible)...
Number of moons mentioned for Saturn and Jupiter, 10 and 12 respectively.

Also funny, Pluto is shown without a moon. As Charon was discovered the exact same year that book was printed.
And "recent measurements" showed that Neptune was larger thant Uranus...

Still amazing how much they crammed into 2 pages about the solar system, when half the pages are pictures, with a very nice graphical representation of size, where the sun is across the bottom of both pages, despite only showing maybe a 15-20 degree arc of the outer edge, while Earth is just barely fingerwidth sized.

Damn you for planting that idea in my mind... Now I can't unthink Hotaru standing bewildered, as a flood of chibi-hotaru's runs wild...

:D

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:As long as the chibis stay chibi, it shouldn't be too bad. They'll only unleash minor devastation. So send them to Furinkan when they reach school age; it's used to devastation.

Oh wow, really neat pic!
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:22 am

Makes me wish they'd discovered those sooner. I could've gone with one of those instead of Zeta Aquilae. ()^_^
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Return to Other Talk