Stupid Twitter Re-Caged

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Stupid Twitter Re-Caged

Postby CRBWildcat » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:35 pm

This isn't a request for help, just a thread where I feel like venting. :x

So I signed up last night for a Twitter account. Made a couple posts, put stuff on my profile, the usual. Logged out.

I try to log in on my lunch break today, and I find out that Twitter's blocked my account due to suspicious activity. I try to get in, but it won't let me unless I can provide a phone number it can send a code to. So I entered my home phone number.

No dice; apparently it's unsupported. And I can't enter any other number in because I don't own a smartphone. The only other phone in the house belongs to my Mom, and I'm sure as Michigan not using that (it's basically a glorified remote control for my Amazon Fire Stick anyway).

So... yeah. This situation isn't doing my temper any favors. Congratulations to Twitter: one of the world's prime social media outlets has succeeded in making me anti-social. :evil:
Last edited by CRBWildcat on Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Re: Stupid Twitter Bird Flew Away.

Postby Spica75 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:59 pm

Ah yes, the "wonderful" combination of the effects of the "war on terror", the propaganda war and modern crass commercial surveillance...

Unless you prove otherwise, you're obviously either a terrorist or a Russian cyberwarrior/troll(or maaaybe Chinese/something else if the propaganda of the day requires it). And unless you give the company your identity, all the stupid little triggers checking for "suspicious" have their sensitivity raised far beyond 11(or 9000 to make a more anime-centric reference) to make sure you can't get away with not providing them with the chance to use any information you provide, intentionally or not, to earn a few extra dollars by selling it to marketing and demographic mapping companies.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Stupid Twitter Bird Flew Away.

Postby CRBWildcat » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:43 pm

Yeah. Safe to say that barring something miraculous on their part, I won't be using Twitter anytime soon.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Stupid Twitter Re-Caged

Postby CRBWildcat » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:40 pm

Got an update here concerning my Twitter account. Earlier this year, I gave in and sent a request to Twitter to have my account re-activated. Earlier this afternoon, I received a message confirming that it was fully active again, so I'm glad that little fiasco has been resolved.

Doubt too many will be interested, but I'll just leave it here anyway.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Return to Other Talk