Things are happening in Nerima!

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Things are happening in Nerima!

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:28 am

Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Re: Things are happening in Nerima!

Postby Neko- » Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:06 pm

The Nerima crew would be bad at this...

Mousse - Flying up there and knocking down missiles with his hidden weapon technique. Provided he could see them in the first place.
Ryoga - Well, he won't find those missiles. He's more likely to encounter the Rover Curiosity on Mars.
Genma - If it hasn't got food in it, he's not interested
Soun - He'd cry about his baby girls
Ukyo - Lodging a battle spatula into one of those could potentially bring one down. That leaves the question of aim, since she's way better in hand-to-hand using that thing.
Shampoo - Provided you could get her to understand those missles could potentially be a thread against her relationship with Airen, she might not really take them seriously.
Kuno - He'd probably monologue about the vengeance of heaven being slow but sure... before being blown up by the missle falling from the heavens.
Kodachi - Good at short range using that whip-like thing of hers. By then it's probably too late already.
Kasumi - Lets not venture into that.
Nabiki - Only if the price is right, and even then I doubt any defense she'd muster would be much.
Akane - Willing, sure. Able? Not so sure. Smashing a (nuclear) warhead with a hammer isn't likely to go down well
Ranma - Potentially the Moko Takabisha could be of use here. But again, if that detonates, and the missile is made poorly (to be expected) it might still blow up. Plus, I'm not sure how ranged that attack can be.
Happosai - He'd only add to the blast with his firecrackers.
Cologne - Don't recall any real ranged attacks, she's more hand-to-hand. Which makes any defense of hers here negligable.
Jusenkyo Guide - Oh sir, very tragic story of missile who dro<BOOM>

Then again, if Juuban were to lend a hand...

In the name of the moon, I will pun<BOOM>
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:38 pm

:mrgreen:

Kasumi - Lets not venture into that.

She would talk nicely to it, and probably get away with it and be the only one effective against them. :P

Happosai - He'd only add to the blast with his firecrackers.

Or manage to make what was going to be a dud explode. :twisted:

Then again, if Juuban were to lend a hand...

In the name of the moon, I will pun<BOOM>

Just ask Hotaru nicely to put her defensive wall up in the right place, everything solved.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Neko- » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:00 pm

Moon would get her speech in n before anything would be done.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:09 am

Is that the missile defense that supposedly has a good chance of shooting fast-moving objects out of the sky?

Neko- wrote:Cologne - Don't recall any real ranged attacks, she's more hand-to-hand. Which makes any defense of hers here negligable.

Au contraire! She can catch them with waterspouts. She'd probably be the most effective out of those named.

(Also, I think she did a ki blast in the love bracelet story.)
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:44 am

Is that the missile defense that supposedly has a good chance of shooting fast-moving objects out of the sky?

Sort of. Their first big time in the spotlight during 2nd Gulf War(-91), well later analysis showed that they probably didn't manage to actually shoot down even a single Scud, but obviously they've been improved a lot since then, though current opinions range all the way from "works every time" to "still can't hit the broadside of a barn, from the inside" so it's kinda hard to evaluate how much its been improved, still, it should at least have a chance at doing it by now. Maybe even a good chance. Something more serious about it failing should have leaked by now if it was still craptacular.

Problem is that it's extremely hard to intercept something incoming ballistically. There's good reason why the Soviets set up their missile defense around Moscow on the basis of "put enough metal in the air and something is bound to hit", just pure overkill, because finessing it just didn't work, and might still not work very well.

The reason being simply that a ballistic missile comes down at extreme speed, which makes common ways that interception works, just doesn't work, as well as hugely reducing margins of error, for example, the ballistic missile moves much faster than the shrapnel from an interception missile does.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Other Talk