Games I might have too many copies of ;)

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Games I might have too many copies of ;)

Postby Spokavriel » Fri May 27, 2016 11:08 pm

I have recently added some original language copies of a series to my game collection with the idea that I will eventually get a cartridge reader and want to make my own Roms for patching with fan translation patches. So I might now have Too many Final Fantasy copies.

Final Fantasy
Famicom cart, NES cart, PS1 CD,

Final Fantasy II
Famicom cart, PS1 CD

Final Fantasy III
Famicom cart

Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (US)
Super Famicom cart

Final Fantasy IV (2)
Super Famicom cart, SNES cart, PS1 CD

Final Fantasy V
Super Famicom cart, PS1 CD

Final Fantasy VI
Super Famicom cart, PS1 CD

Final Fantasy VII
PS1 CDx2

Final Fantasy VIII
PS1 CD

Final Fantasy IX
PS 1 CD

I could go on but I don't feel like listing all the Squaresoft spinoffs right now. Bahamut lagoon, gameboy titles etc.

Anyone else feel they might have too many versions of the same game?
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Re: Games I might have too many copies of ;)

Postby CRBWildcat » Fri May 27, 2016 11:27 pm

I sorta do, albeit not in cartridge form.

Metroid
To my knowledge, I have both the GBA version and the one included with Metroid: Zero Mission.

The Super Mario Bros. trilogy
I have the NES carts for all three, plus the Virtual Console editions (2 and 3) for the 3DS.

Crash 'N' The Boys Street Challenge
See above.

And... that's all I can think of off the top of my head. Dunno if they qualify or not.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Sat May 28, 2016 7:15 am

Mostly because i have re-purchased several games cheaply from GOG, to make them work on modern computers...

Pirates, have the tape AND disk version for C=64, 2 versions for PC from the 90s and the latest Sid´s version. So yeah, 5 copies of almost/not quite the same game(even the disk version for C64 has some extra parts compared to the tape version, while the Sid version is WAY more advanced than all previous), i think that´s the most extreme.

X-Com UFO defense and X-Com 3 Apocalypse, Aliens vs Predators(now called Classic 2000 to separate it from the recent reuse of the name), Covert Action, Pinball Dreams/Illusions/Fantasies, Dungeon Keeper, i have all twice, except in the case of the Pinball games i have them on Amiga, original PC and from GOG(because they work WAY better than original PC version).

Oh right, then there´s Silent Service, I have first one on C64 and Amiga, 2nd one on Amiga and PC.

And then for some reason i managed to buy IL-2 Sturmovik a total of 3 times(fortunately all at much reduced price), and i still have absolutely no clue how i managed to forget TWICE that i already had it.
A forever unsolved and unsolvable question i think.

Probably some more that i forget...
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Sat May 28, 2016 1:56 pm

No weirder than how I managed to acquire IL-2 for free by literally picking it up from where it lad lain for quite some time, what with the red ink being all bleached away on one side of the insert.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Sat May 28, 2016 10:48 pm

Pirates, have the tape AND disk version for C=64, 2 versions for PC from the 90s and the latest Sid´s version. So yeah, 5 copies of almost/not quite the same game(even the disk version for C64 has some extra parts compared to the tape version, while the Sid version is WAY more advanced than all previous), i think that´s the most extreme.

Come to think of it, I have both Pirates! Gold and a version for the PC from the 80s stashed away somewhere.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sat May 28, 2016 11:42 pm

Seems I have some Overlap in the Zelda series as well.
I have the Game Cube disk that has Zelda, Zelda II, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Demo for Wind Waker.
But in cartridge form I have Zelda, Zelda II, Link's Awakening, Links Awakening DX(Japanese), A Link to the Past, and Ocarina of Time.

Not as much overlap as Final Fantasy but still leaves me with only one game in the series that isn't either a Demo or repeat.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Return to Other Talk