Sandwich Game-Related: The Tome of Spam

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Sandwich Game-Related: The Tome of Spam

Postby CRBWildcat » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:35 pm

This is something that I have in mind (or had in mind, depending on your perspective) for the Spam Sandwich.

For those who came in late, the Sandwich was an RPG I was developing for several years before losing interest in it outright, primarily because those who would enjoy the game the most stopped visiting Fukufics (and also because life happened). Recently I started thinking about working on the game again, and this was the result.

On skill levels above Easy, it would be possible to collect discs here and there that would give a character's name, species, character alignment and affiliation, along with a short description (maximum 4-5 sentences) of the character as a whole. The discs would later be accessible from the protagonist's PC in-game. The game itself takes place in an alternate universe, behaving as if everyone who ever showed up in Spamville was still around in some fashion.

Trying to pin down the characters' alignments was a bit of a pain. Hopefully they're more or less accurate; if they aren't, let me know.

Since there's no way of knowing whether I'll finish the game in my lifetime or not (although the fact that RPG Maker 2000 is now on Steam, something I'm immensely pleased with, helps me a lot), I'm going to post all the entries in this thread. Bear this in mind: this is by no means complete. Some characters just aren't coming to mind; others were long gone or only made sporadic appearances by the time I first registered at Fukufics, such as Truk, Terra and Black Dragon; still others evaded me as far as their characterization was concerned, such as Dio, Camk and Heaven's Daemon.

That being said, I'm done rambling. Please enjoy... The Tome of Spam.

--------------------------------

Callista O. Wilson-Metallium
Species: Human
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Affiliation: Super-Cats Infinite Defense
Prefers to avoid combat where possible, but attracts plenty of trouble regardless. Has a deep hatred of perversion due to events on a previous mission. Her status as a completely straight girl---no interest in either gender---is considered a rarity in Spamville. Eating, shopping and sleeping are her joys in life.

Kaoru Matsubara
Alignment: Neutral Good
Affiliation: Whatever Callista's is
One of the Powerpuff Girls Z. Due to a chain of events involving a transformation belt, Himitsu and a Phoenix Down, she exists as a separate entity in Callista's brain. Her memories of events following her team's final battle with Him are rather foggy.

Himitsu
Species: Mazoku
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Affiliation: The Brotherhood
Motto: "Death to the fuku!"
The de facto leader of the Brotherhood and the most unpredictable force in Spamville. When it comes to either hating or loving him, there is no middle ground. Most of the bureaucrats and departments in town work for him, and he has a near-endless horde of minions that do his bidding.

Shinji Metallium
Affiliation: His family
Seeks to destroy Himitsu wherever possible, made harder by the fact that the mazoku is his Jusenkyo-curse form. A kid genius, capable of building just about anything out of anything. A little dense where love is concerned, but is very protective of his family.

Shadell
Species: Zombie
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Affiliation: Herself
Enemy of: Circe
Himitsu's daughter. Is inflicted with every Jusenkyo curse known to exist, and takes delight in passing them on to newcomers to Spamville. Likes sharp, pointy objects. Has an unrequited crush on Neko-, caused by a koi fishing rod (don't ask).

Zelas Metallium
Species: Mazoku
Alignment: True Neutral
Affiliation: Unknown
Greatest Desire: "Grandbabies!"
A mazoku whose thinking has been warped by self-help books, making her overly obsessed with the concepts of family, good will, and manliness. Resides on Deer Herd Island. It has been said that only one person has ever been able to make her cry. Said person ended up being adopted as her daughter against that person's will.

Acey Metallium
Affiliation: Acey's Place
Aside from being the obvious owner of Acey's Place, she is able to track down Himitsu no matter where he is. Is the unofficial "Queen of Emoticons". Has the habit of giving obscure nicknames to those that she meets. Can operate her signature grill anyplace, even underwater.

Bliss
Species: Humanoid fox-cat
Affiliation: Booze
Hates: Puns
A walking wardrobe and---as her name implies---the living embodiment of bliss. Is a fox-cat, although most people seem to think that she's one or the other. Despite her claim that she's a lover, not a fighter, her fondness for explosions is unequaled. Callista views her as an older sister (no relation).

Kana
Alignment: Lawful Good
Affiliation: Unknown
Bliss's Jusenkyo-curse form. Isn't much of a fighter, and is much more polite and friendly to everyone. Is presently learning the healing arts, but otherwise little else is known about her.

Stacy
Species: Goddess
Affiliation: Spamville
The unofficial head of Spamville, although she doesn't have a hand in the city's affairs. Runs a lab that specializes in Jusenkyo-curse waters, and has a vast army of catgirls in her employ. Was responsible for Callista's creation. Can split herself into thousands of copies, some with varying personalities.

Strata
Species: Black Mage
Affiliation: The Brotherhood
Also known as "Stag", his is one of the major names in the Brotherhood. Has a tendency to speak in leet, and is capable of freezing the entire universe. (Yes, you read that correctly.) Runs the Mage Star, which is basically a half-finished Death Star with a large floppy hat. Is susceptible to being launched into space through airlocks.

Ellf
Species: Elf
Affiliation: The Brotherhood, occasionally
Turns up in odd places due to an extreme tendency to get lost. Has a bottomless backpack full of random items. Works for the Brotherhood (provided that he is able to stick around for long), but is actually a fairly decent guy provided no one ticks him off.

Rei
Species: Indrisil
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Part of a species as old as the multiverse itself, and is seen at many places around town. Gets along well enough with others, although she has a tendency to zone out. People have learned the hard way, though, that it's never wise to make her mad; Himitsu's the only known person to successfully troll her and get away with it.

Neko-
Species: Housecat
Affiliation: Himself
Motto: "Death to the Purple One!"
A fireproof cat with an intense disliking for the Purple One (a.k.a. Himitsu). Not to be mistaken for Ambush, Callista's best agent. His Jusenkyo-curse form is that of a catgirl, kept strictly for the sake of convenience (read: opposable thumbs). Has an odd sort of immortality that would take too long to explain here.

Pat
Alignment: ?
Affiliation: Stuff
Little is known about him, as all attempts to gather information on him have ended in failure.

Metroidvania
Species: ?
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Also known as Vania, M.V., or just plain Mets, this Mistress Nine variant successfully consumed her native universe some time prior to her arrival in Spamville. Has a mysterious agenda. Due to a proficiency with the Force and high-tech weaponry, she has been compared to Kyle Katarn at least once.

Neko-Hotaru
Species: Catgirl
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Dislikes: The Green Bay Packers
Mets' Jusenkyo-curse form, which is essentially Hotaru Tomoe as a catgirl ninja. Is capable of using some of Shinji's attacks thanks to the emotional link they share. Tries to distract people before changing to and from this form, although it (the curse) isn't exactly a well-kept secret.

Blossom
Species: Part-cabbit humanoid
Affiliation: The PPGZ
One of the Powerpuff Girls Z, and possesses several sets of memories due in part to this. Is part cabbit, and her smallest form has often been mistaken for a red-furred Eevee. Is known to be quite the conversationalist, and knows more about simple living than anyone else in town. Has a membership with the National Rifle Association.

Raven
Species: Raven
Affiliation: Starfleet
Is, as her name may imply, a talking bird in the employ of Starfleet. Her Jusenkyo-curse form is that of a teenage schoolgirl. Often worries about the amount of paperwork that her boss always deals with.

Cinque
Species: Android
Affiliation: ?
A fully-sentient android with an unwelcome personality lurking behind the surface. Was created by one of Spamville's former residents as his legacy. Any goals and objectives she may have are unknown at this time.

Malkin
Affiliation: ?
Also known as Miyako (Bubbles), one of the Powerpuff Girls Z. Her mannerisms and speech have led some to believe that she is of British descent. Sells a wide and varied selection of merchandaise wherever she goes.

Aries
Species: Hybrid (multiple)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Affiliation: Starbase Spam
His DNA is a mix of various species, although he is commonly remembered for his ability to transform into a Metroid. Can travel between places by flying into any visible cracks, although this tends to be detrimental. Controls an interdimensional empire based primarily around Jupiter's moon Io.

Bob the Spider
Species: Wolf spider
Affiliation: Tovath
The familiar of one of Spamville's other residents. An ice cream-loving ninja spider, capable of going anywhere in order to get the good stuff. Communicates via signs.

Toa Lihkan
Affiliation: Starbase Spam
Controls Starbase Spam with some help from Aries. Is easily one of the most misunderstood people around, if anything because some people can't understand what he says. Specializes in high-tech weaponry and armor.

Caprice
Species: Catgirl (?)
Intelligence: What?
Inflicted by a strange violet-colored energy that renders her extremely ditzy and carefree. Carries around tomapples, a cross between a tomato and an apple that makes other people just as clueless. Travels from one place to another via a box that she took from Rei.

Calamity
Frightens: Callista
Was once part of Caprice, but has since gained her own form and personality. Wields mysterious energies, referred to as "The Warp", that serve a variety of purposes. Wherever Vania goes, she usually isn't far away.

Crescent
Species: Based on outside perception
Nickname: Tempest
Takes whatever form that other people see her as. A walking warehouse of puns and questionable behavior. Her state of mind is constantly in flux, though she is considered sane otherwise. Is one of the few people in town that comes anywhere close to matching Himitsu's level of unpredictability, although this tends to vary depending on her mentality.

Lio
Species: Transformer
Affiliation: The Autobots
Originally a member of the Autobots (and male), but has taken a human form due to unforseen circumstances. Tends to annoy Neko- and Erika whenever he (or she, case depending) can. Is hailed by Himitsu as the "Popebot" for the usual inane reasons, and is immune to magic in all its forms.

Circe
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Catchphrase: "Son of a...!"
Is convinced that people enjoy singling her out for ridicule. A starter villain who nonetheless is on decent terms with those she chooses to associate with. A master of magic. Runs assorted businesses based around feminine transformations. Lives in Spamville only part-time.

Erika
Is the daughter of a former superheroine, Mew Mint, and is just as wealthy. Is friendly to others, albeit rather absentminded due in no small part to Asperger's Syndrome. Possesses two superhero transformations with varying abilities. Can use "splitting cookies" to temporarily separate people's Jusenkyo-cursed forms from them.

Konoko
Affiliation: The Hasano clan
Is capable of taking a form related to any Pokemon in existence, although her normal form closely resembles a Gardevoir. A member of a particularly large family that she loves dearly. Can subsist on the brain waves of other people, and is believed to exist on a level incomprehensible to mortals.

DES
Species: Snowman
Affiliation: Dio
Short for "Dio's Evil Snowman", and sightings of him are more common than Dio herself. Is occasionally seen trying to pass himself off as other people, and has been seen everywhere. Sells ice cream, but will immediately stop what he's doing and chase after Neko- if he sees him. Despite his name, he's more friendly than mean.
Last edited by CRBWildcat on Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Re: Sandwich Game-Related: The Tome of Spam

Postby Neko- » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:04 am

I approve of my description and affiliation.

Catgirl advantage beyond opposable thumbs: subspace pocket... Which only dispenses non-lethal stuff. I haven't been able to reality-hack that one.
Potentially: Motto: 'Death to the Purple One'. (as opposed to Himitsu's 'Death to the fuku')

Although with the absence of Himitsu from the forums for this long, you'd really start to think he fell over.

Not sure how much RPG-ing I'd be doing. I still trawl Spamville (which at times is one giant RPG), but stick to mostly reading and keeping up... This might spark some inspiration to roam around a bit more tho.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Re: Sandwich Game-Related: The Tome of Spam

Postby CRBWildcat » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:38 pm

:)

Potentially: Motto: 'Death to the Purple One'. (as opposed to Himitsu's 'Death to the fuku')

I'll make that addition to the Tome.

Although with the absence of Himitsu from the forums for this long, you'd really start to think he fell over.

Eh, I know at the very least he's still alive. He's just a little bit too busy for this place nowadays. (Though he did give me permission at some point to use his portrayal of Zelas in Spamville if I wanted to. *shrug* )

Not sure how much RPG-ing I'd be doing. I still trawl Spamville (which at times is one giant RPG), but stick to mostly reading and keeping up... This might spark some inspiration to roam around a bit more tho.

That comment just reminded me that I'll need to work on face graphics for both of your characters' forms, on top of everything else I'll need to do. (Re-working Shadell, creating graphics for Pat and Caprice, and creating Himitsu's boss sprite take priority, though.)
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Return to Other Talk