Is it just me?

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Is it just me?

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:39 pm

I can't watch any videos on Youtube because the volume randomly gets jacked up to the nth degree for a few seconds. Is it because of that Snoopavision thing? 'Cause it didn't do that yesterday, and today isn't April first. ;/
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Re: Is it just me?

Postby Spica75 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:14 pm

Randomly picked a few youtube vids and none doing anything strange.

Messed up any audio settings in Windows?
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:49 pm

What setting jacks up the volume so loud that the whole house can hear it, at random intervals, for a few seconds? O_o

I just finished watching a twenty minute video on another site and it didn't happen. The two videos on Youtube that I watched (before I stopped watching any more videos there) had it happen within ten minutes (which was about their length, anyway).
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:36 pm

No idea what the problem is. I've been watching Youtube vids a fair chunk of the afternoon, and I haven't noticed anything weird.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:30 pm

I considered that it might be a virus or something, but when I turned my computer's volume to 100% (from 60%) it didn't even get close to the level of volume that I had experienced. And now I have to wonder if the volume of a video can be raised that high, despite my TV volume being the same. Unless a computer virus can affect my TV volume, too... I'm just confused. X_X
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:37 am

If you are using external speakers, it might be their amplifier. Random glitches are random. Try watching a DVD to see if it happens -- it's easily within the realm of chance that a glitch would accidentally show up on youtube only, but more viewing might show it to be widespread.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Té Rowan » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:19 am

If there is a manual (rotating knob) volume control on the system, it might occasionally be losing its ground connection. That would jack up the volume something awful.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:33 pm

Nah, the speakers are a part of the TV.

I've been watching Youtube at a lower volume setting on my TV, and it hasn't happened again, so, yeah... *Shrugs confusedly*
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Scooter » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:40 pm

Only other thing I can think of is that the videos were recorded at a higher volume...
Oh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.

— Groucho Marx
Scooter
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:48 pm

Scooter wrote:Only other thing I can think of is that the videos were recorded at a higher volume...

That's logical. The skill levels of Youtube contributors are all over the place. Some might have volume trouble.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Return to Other Talk