That eclipse

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

That eclipse

Postby Té Rowan » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:19 am

It passed me by at 0942Z or so with a predicted coverage of 99.5%. No view as the sky was overcast to F, but least it got dark enough for the streetlights to switch on.
A government is the only known vessel that leaks from the top. (James Reston)
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Re: That eclipse

Postby Neko- » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:48 am

Only saw mild twilight/dusk here (Netherlands)... Supposedly 84% coverage of the sun at the highlight, but since we're pretty much under a clouddeck, it was hard to see anything of the sun.

As to darkness, like I said, mild twilight/dusk. Nothing that really popped as wanting to pose the question 'what the hell is going on out there'?

Not like the Faroer Islands... Damn, that's dark at the 1:12:00 mark... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Egm1Z5OYcU
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:06 am

Scrambled to find a CD-R with its back surface *not* painted. The office is cluttered with 'em, but all painted solid with garish colors.

Watched the thing through a "V" in "Verbatim". Saw a disappointing picture of Sun with a small edge cut out of it, like a bite mark on a cookie. Despite the CD, it was still bright like a female dog. My eye is still hurting :(

P.S. Still no idea how to set date/time on these interfaceless glasses.
Attachments
eclipse.gif
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:53 am

Here it was only in a ten-minute window around the maximum that the brightness changes were obvious to my eyes. A light meter would have shown them earlier.

Had sister not got hold of eclipse goggles, I was planning to use a regular aluminised CD or two as a filter. Welding goggles/helmet would have worked as well and were used by many.

And of course the overcast cleared around 11Z.
A government is the only known vessel that leaks from the top. (James Reston)
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Other Talk