Fuku question

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Fuku question

Postby WG_Writer » Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:42 pm

I have noticed a common element in anime as part of a sailor fuku. while this is absent in Sailor Moon it does bug me as while it does add an element of interest to the outfit, I do not see how its possible given some of their appearance.

Basically what I am refering to is an undershit of some sort, bossibly a blouse or something like that that will curve upwards to the neck with no obvious seam showing its part of a shirt. look at the uniform for the girls in Haruhi and you will see what I am refering to.

Since this is clearly a common trend in anime and some western animationI have to ask if it is strictly style or is there more to it then that and there be actual clothing that does that? If it does exist what is it called?
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Re: Fuku question

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:26 pm

If I remember correctly, I think it (I don't know what it's called) was a part of a style back in the early days (like, at least twenties or thirties?), though I'm not sure if it existed before the navy uniform impressed itself upon school uniforms. I think it may have depended on the weather, since wearing an actual undershirt would probably make it pointless, and wearing a neckerchief around the neck (rather than a fichu underneath the collar) would cover up that area of the chest entirely. At the very least I can see some purpose for it with the Summer uniforms, and it seems to be a good spot to draw attention to some kind of symbol/insignia/decoration/et cetera.

Don't take my word for it, though. I'm no expert and this is stuff I'm trying to recall from near a decade ago or so, but I'm pretty sure it was a part of actual uniforms before they became fetishized in anime and manga.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Re: Fuku question

Postby WG_Writer » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:14 pm

Finally figured it out. there is no actual name for it that I can find but it is attached directly to the collar and the shirt. it has snaps on it to close it off that are hidden from view. this way the collar can technically be smaller then their head without actually being so. (I had to look up a how to make a sailor fuku to even find that out)
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Return to Other Talk