Uncertain future

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Uncertain future

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:05 pm

Well, some of you know about our household's financial status. We tend to come out about even by the time income tax return and such comes around, though we've never done well enough for it not to take a significant toll on how much food we can afford. For the past decade or so we've managed to get by in this way.

This past year has been one thing after another, though. I could list the details, but I doubt anyone's interested in those. The bottom line is that our breadwinner had his hours cut in half so he wouldn't be getting full-time benefits anymore, something to do with the healthcare bill (aka Obamacare) when it fully takes effect, as the mall where he works makes a habit of penny-pinching and cutting corners wherever and whenever it can. (Like making a security guard, who should be patrolling the parking lot several times a shift, spend most of their time cleaning the floors inside of the mall.)

So, he's now in the process of looking for a new job, because sixteen hours and my SSI simply aren't going to be enough to support five people. Bankruptcy is already being considered and seems very likely. I just thought I'd mention it in case things end up taking a turn for the worse and someone wonders where I went (though I doubt anyone would).
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Re: Uncertain future

Postby Konsaki » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:06 pm

Sucks to hear all that bad stuff happening to you. Hope things turn out okay in the end. :(
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:43 pm

Even if they don't, I already have some experience getting by without electricity, running water and central air (during both hot and cold seasons) for significant periods of time. I don't think it will get that bad, but we may still need to cut back on some luxuries -- like the Internet. It's not as costly as a number of other things, but it may come down to getting rid of it entirely instead of getting a cheaper service.

I'm kind of hoping that my sister will see it in her heart to help us out a little, since -- despite our own situation -- we've been helping her get by in various ways for a while now. Coincidentally, shortly before our bad news, she had gotten a ten-thousand dollar annual raise.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Neko- » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:21 am

Ouch... Bad news... Hope things will resolve themselves soon for you.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:24 am

That sucks...

Wish you good luck.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Vocaloid » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:58 am

I'm sorry to hear your situation has gotten to this point, hopefully such drastic measures will not be required
Know Music, Know Life
No Music, No Life
Vocaloid
Asteroid Senshi

Postby XofderXofder » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:51 pm

That.. is most unfortunate. I hope things look up soon.

I don't know if I should do this but these always bring a smile to my face even on the worst of days so..

*A man clutches his chest, agony apparent on his face* " I've had a pain here all day" he says. *He reaches into his jacket and pulls out a pane of glass*

Silence is Golden, Duct tape is Silver.
You can only look up when you notice you've been looking down.
XofderXofder
Senshi Cadet

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:07 pm

A joke as transparent as that? I'd be in agony, too. :P

And polishing a terd is bronze. *Nods sagely*
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby XofderXofder » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:01 pm

I bow before you. Those were some truly bad jokes, therefore making them some of the best jokes I've seen : D.
XofderXofder
Senshi Cadet

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:12 pm

Should I be flattered or offended? I suppose I could achieve both with flatulence, by tooting my own horn. :shock:
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby XofderXofder » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:05 pm

Well I was aiming for flattery, I really did find them funny, but how you perceive it is up to you, and yes clearly flatulence solves all problems.
XofderXofder
Senshi Cadet

Postby Noy Telinú » Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:08 pm

Well, worst comes to worst, isn't there a library or something you can use a computer?

I'll miss you...

good luck!
"Oh no! What haz happened? As you cats would say." Akane asked, horrified.

"Cats do not speak that way!" Luna yelled.

"Normal sucks."-Noy Telinú
Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:54 pm

It's not guaranteed that I'll be going away! XD;; It's just in the case that I do, so it won't be an issue if I have to vanish.

The closest library is a half of an hour away, and we tend to save such distances (gas is expensive!?) for work-related travel, so even if I lost Internet a trip to the library would likely happen no more than once a month or so. It probably wouldn't be so bad if the car was in a working condition, but it isn't... again. (And we probably wasted money getting a new alternator because the real problem is probably a short somewhere.) All we have is an old truck that would look like it came straight out of a junkyard if not for the custom paint job that doesn't do it much favors.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:36 am

Bicycle? O_o
"Oh no! What haz happened? As you cats would say." Akane asked, horrified.

"Cats do not speak that way!" Luna yelled.

"Normal sucks."-Noy Telinú
Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:55 am

If it came with the wormhole feature, sure, but then it'd be too expensive. Otherwise, several hours one way is just... Yeah.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Return to Other Talk