Favourite Youtube videos v2.0

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Re: Favourite Youtube videos v2.0

Postby Spica75 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:02 am

Awesome.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:33 am

A dollar van ASPLODES after collision
https://youtu.be/q1bsUNjce_U?t=645
These orange suicide-mobiles carry about 15 passengers (may pack more if some are standing, packed like sardines) and generally have certified kamikaze for drivers. Pity they are gone from Moscow, superseded by regulated and licensed services: riding them was fun! Going the wrong way, cutting around traffic jams through sidewalks and park alleys, jumping across the curb at full speed... These were the times! :roll:

Note the two guys at the crossing who barely escaped the fireball!
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:40 pm

Cheb wrote:A dollar van ASPLODES after collision
https://youtu.be/q1bsUNjce_U?t=645
These orange suicide-mobiles carry about 15 passengers (may pack more if some are standing, packed like sardines) and generally have certified kamikaze for drivers. Pity they are gone from Moscow, superseded by regulated and licensed services: riding them was fun! Going the wrong way, cutting around traffic jams through sidewalks and park alleys, jumping across the curb at full speed... These were the times! :roll:

Note the two guys at the crossing who barely escaped the fireball!

:shock:

That fireball... Sheesh, WTF was that car loaded with? That looked more like a couple of ruptured high pressure gas canisters rather than fuel from a gas tank.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:52 pm

My Little Pony In The Sims: Episode Two. Anyone familiar enough with the Sims video game series may get a few laughs out of this. I know I did.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:54 pm

More asplosions. This time camera placement seems a bit too convenient. But lo! Were they putting their trash in that container?
Was that it's owner's show of disapproval for using his trash container?
Who knows.
Badass fireworks anyway.
https://youtu.be/1vKs6Eo2jwk?t=847
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:19 pm

Heh, yeah, definitely el-kaboom with fireworks sprinkled on.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:53 pm

Té Rowan wrote:Heh, yeah, definitely el-kaboom with fireworks sprinkled on.

Smoky the Bear does not approve.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:34 pm

Oney really cracks me up, sometimes. Here's him narrating his actions while playing Space Station 13.

Tippo the Traitor - Space Station 13 (Warning: language.)
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:11 am

https://youtu.be/LN8-iMTQ_OI?t=82
rat tried to run over a bunch of cats
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Cheb » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:45 am

looked more like a couple of ruptured high pressure gas canisters rather than fuel from a gas tank.

Sorry I missed your point here (because of benzine being also called "gas" in English, d'uh).
There is indeed a state program of converting public transportation to run on liquefied natural gas, like methane. Its a lot cheape and more eco-friendly than diesel or gasoline.
At least now they are not just burning the accompanying methane in giant torches like they did in the 70s. :x
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Neko- » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:09 am

Instead here if you have lpg in your car, you get taxed through the roof, meaning that only with a lot of miles/kilometers, you break even and see lpg driving getting cheaper that using gas/benzine. So while its cheap and the most environmentally friendly abundant fuel around nowadays, the use is very limited here. And that for something that is basically a waste product of the refining process.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:50 am

Neko- wrote:Instead here if you have lpg in your car, you get taxed through the roof, meaning that only with a lot of miles/kilometers, you break even and see lpg driving getting cheaper that using gas/benzine. So while its cheap and the most environmentally friendly abundant fuel around nowadays, the use is very limited here. And that for something that is basically a waste product of the refining process.

Huh... Here the tax is lower instead.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:08 pm

Cheb wrote:Sorry I missed your point here (because of benzine being also called "gas" in English, d'uh).
There is indeed a state program of converting public transportation to run on liquefied natural gas, like methane. Its a lot cheape and more eco-friendly than diesel or gasoline.

:D

So much easier when it's "bensin"(Swedish) yes, and gas ONLY means something gaseous.

At least now they are not just burning the accompanying methane in giant torches like they did in the 70s. :x

Hideous waste that, yeah.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Neko- » Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:12 pm

Spica75 wrote:Huh... Here the tax is lower instead.

As a comparison, which is dependant on what you drive, and how heavy the car is, plus where you live, but lets go with 1500 kg/3300 lbs, and dead center for the country. Gas prices are based on the undiscounted prices. You only pay those around the highways, as soon as you leave those you end up meeting unmanned pumps which provide discounts of up to 15 eurocent per liter. I'm also using todays exchange rate for euro-dollar conversion, which is 1 euro equalling 1.22750 dollars.

Gasoline/Benzine/Euro95 - Roadtax per year: €206 / $253 per 3 months. Current cost of the fuel: 1.675 euro per liter / 7.783 dollar per gallon (sidenote, 95 is the octane level, but European and US octane levels are calculated differently!)
Diesel - Roadtax per year: €402 / $494 per 3 months. Current cost of the fuel: 1.345 euro per liter / 6.250 dollar per gallon
LPG - Roadtax per year: €424 / $522 per 3 months. Current cost of the fuel: 0.862 euro per liter / 4.005 dollar per gallon

While diesel consumes less fuel than regular gasoline, the roadtax means you have to drive a certain amount of kilometers/miles to validate driving a diesel car over a gasoline one.
And looking at gas which actually uses MORE than regular gasoline, that's even more expensive on the roadtax, thus upping the tipping point as well.

Which explains why many of the regular vehicles here are gasoline, the majority of leased/company vehicles end up as diesels, and LPG isn't that abundant. Even knowng it's the cheapest and most environmentally friendly of the three.

Anyway... that's an aside. If more questions remain I suggest we start a different thread. For this one: Sleeper PC build
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:47 am

Sleeper PC build

Dammit, I immediately wanted to change my project to water cooling. It would be relatively easy to do AND it would allow for environmental sealing of the main compartment! With a few tweaks and heavy lacquering of battery's internal circuits it would be able to stand under a shower and keep working. Indefinitely.
I just have to sacrifice the lunch compartment :x
Cheb
Moon Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Other Talk