Favourite pictures v2.0

Non-spam and Anime things that don't fit in C&C. Also where talk that you don't want to turn into spam goes. So No Spam allowed

Re: Favourite pictures v2.0

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:39 pm

Political nundu is okay, I guess, but I'm old-fashioned. I still think Basement Cat. After all, why elect the lesser evil?

GreeboWarning.Jpg
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Té Rowan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:19 pm

Now that would be an interesting fight.
You know you have seen too much Sailor Moon when your budgies start chirping "Chibi-Chibi!"
Té Rowan
Moon Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:52 pm

big-and-little.jpg

As you can tell, the A380 maxibus and the A318 minibus differ in size.
You know you have seen too much Sailor Moon when your budgies start chirping "Chibi-Chibi!"
Té Rowan
Moon Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:04 am

I have no idea if this image is on board here already, but I'm hanging it up as a precautionary measure in case TheKeep goes down for good.

StickGirl.jpg
Té Rowan
Moon Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:44 am

It took me long enough to find this image again. So, just in case...

Nurse_02.png
Té Rowan
Moon Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:51 am

Oktoberfest brings out the Wurst (Wurst is German for 'sausage'. Take it as you will.)
Té Rowan
Moon Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:32 pm

Té Rowan
Moon Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:25 pm

Silly redhead. Ice cream needs no excuse.
Té Rowan
Moon Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:03 pm

Mercury looks kinda miffed here, to me anyway:

Mundane_use_of_powers.jpg
Té Rowan
Moon Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:26 pm

gluten-free-car-repairs.jpg

How often do you see someone not just jump onto a bandwagon but offer to repair it, too?
Té Rowan
Moon Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:01 pm

giving-citation.jpg

I should be so lucky,
lucky, lucky, lucky…
Té Rowan
Moon Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:05 am

api_url=https%3A%2F%2Fapi.europeana.eu%2Fapi&view=http%3A%2F%2F.jpg

I had one of these radios, second-hand, around the turn of the century. Later I gave it to a friend that fancied it. I was not so short of radios that I had to be stingy.

The Tandberg Sølvsuper 9 receives broadcasts on longwave, mediumwave, shortwave (1.8—23 MHz in two bands) and VHF FM.

Also: Bunnies for the Win(dows)!

BSM04842.jpg
Té Rowan
Moon Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:34 pm

Té Rowan wrote:
api_url=https%3A%2F%2Fapi.europeana.eu%2Fapi&view=http%3A%2F%2F.jpg

I had one of these radios, second-hand, around the turn of the century. Later I gave it to a friend that fancied it. I was not so short of radios that I had to be stingy.

The Tandberg Sølvsuper 9 receives broadcasts on longwave, mediumwave, shortwave (1.8—23 MHz in two bands) and VHF FM.

I still have 2 of our really old ones, the "light one" is an AGA, almost this model:
http://cbsethumb.blob.core.windows.net/ ... 807131.jpg

I think the other one is a Telefunken or maybe Graetz, from sometime early 50s or late 40s.

Anyway, i always found it amazing just how much you could receive with these. Back in the 80s, the absolute best modern radios? Total crap in comparison if you wanted anything beyond your borders.

The "ultimate success" was when my brother used the hook from a fishing rod to connect a wire from the port for an external antenna, to the gutters on our house. Because at the time, we lived in a row house, so that gutter went all alongside 18 7.5m wide houses, with 6m tall downspouts every house. So, an antenna 130-140m horizontally with another 18 vertical downshoots.
The reception we got from that was absolutely hilariously good. Not clear reception, as there were way too much too close to each other, but the distance suddenly became global.

Japan, Australia, Argentina, Maldive islands, St Helena... As long as there was a frequency to search for a station, it was just a matter of finetuning at a time when there wasn't any bad weather in the way(which of course you never knew, so just had to try again and again).

Té Rowan wrote:Also: Bunnies for the Win(dows)!

BSM04842.jpg

Ah, totally cute. Just wish windows in general could give that kind of positive impression. Ever. :twisted:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Other Talk