Usagi: ANA or JAL?

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

Usagi: ANA or JAL?

Postby Té Rowan » Sun May 23, 2021 2:34 pm

You have probably come across images of Usagi pen-disguised as a stewardess/air hostess/flight attendant/whatever today's PC term is.

I'm guessing that her uniform is All Nippon Airways (ANA) rather than Japan Airlines (JAL), but am I right?
A government is the only known vessel that leaks from the top. (James Reston)
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Usagi: ANA or JAL?

Postby Spica75 » Sun May 23, 2021 7:20 pm

Té Rowan wrote:You have probably come across images of Usagi pen-disguised as a stewardess/air hostess/flight attendant/whatever today's PC term is.

I'm guessing that her uniform is All Nippon Airways (ANA) rather than Japan Airlines (JAL), but am I right?

While i do not have the faintest knowledge how either looks, a search found me this:
https://www.tuxedounmasked.com/how-did- ... -pen-work/
"judging by the design on her cap, it’s likely that Usagi (and Ms. Takeuchi!) was thinking of the so-called “eighth generation” flight-attendant uniform of All Nippon Airways, introduced in 1990."
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Re: Usagi: ANA or JAL?

Postby Té Rowan » Sun May 23, 2021 8:23 pm

Figures there would be a semi-confirmation in an article I had not read yet. Anyway, I did have a quick look at images of both ANA and JAL uniforms, and what Usagi was wearing just felt more ANA than JAL to me.

Given that the Yomiuri Shimbun is the Yomikai Shimbun in the Senshiverse, ANA, too, may have a different name; say, All-Fuji Airways.
A government is the only known vessel that leaks from the top. (James Reston)
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon