S question: What happened to Eudial's station wagon?

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

Re: S question: What happened to Eudial's station wagon?

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:29 pm

No, that is an assumption based on nothing.

I am saying you cannot call a search for the dark kingdom or senshi part of canon when it is not shown in canon.

Canon cannot include stuff not written or depicted in the source material. Such a search in this case is mere fanon speculation.

Even author or creater statements after the series run in interviews are merely author intent.

Had the authorities been THAT stupid, they would have deserved having Beryl as their new overlord dictator.

For doing their job? Mind you, I am not saying they would succeed or not, I am saying such a search would be in their duties.

For all the romantic overtones and depictions given the story. The sailor Senshi are really people living in Japan whom have sworn fealty to a foreign power, and are operating as law when they have been giving no such authority or mandate by the Japanese government, the essence of being a vigilante.

Look, people are being hurt in the streets, international incidents have occurred, and terrorist threats have been issued, major property damage has occurred as well, and even if the senshi are 100% innocent the government is going to want to know what exactly is going on. The senshi are one of only two parties that could explain it to them.

It may not be canon, and merely fan speculation, but the government has a duty to look into this and hunt all parties down. And that would be the case whether Japan, China, France, or the United States.

To believe otherwise is stupid. Even if as said it is not canon that they did so. And thus also goes to my statement that shows like Sailor moon break badly when analyzed, because it makes government look stupid or not following through.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:05 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:To believe otherwise is stupid. Even if as said it is not canon that they did so. And thus also goes to my statement that shows like Sailor moon break badly when analyzed, because it makes government look stupid or not following through.

Another possibility is that Japan has a long story of having magical girls, and the government has a hand off approach, as show in the story Desperately Seeking Ranma by PixelWriter1. (Warning, God mode Ranma)

There have been fanfics that try a realistic approach to having magical girls, but I can't remember the name of any right now.

Plus, when magic is involved is always possible to say "A wizard did it!".

A possible fanon explanation is Sailor Pluto using her abilities to cover the senshi activities as most as possible. Plus, remember episode one of the anime? Naru thought the whole thing was just a dream, so there is also some denial going on, but not to the extreme of Sunnydale syndrome. By the way, I hope her mother eventually got out the basement.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:02 pm

The possibility of a kind accepting government like in that story *did* occur to me (I quite like that one, even if many do not, even had a discussion with the author last week).

But even under the most positive view I can dredge up for a Government and the situation, that explanation falls flat.

Because even in the story you reference, the government has a whole agency tracking these magical girls around, and monitoring to the best of their ability, their activities, and even if not publicly divulging or incarcerating these girls, they are aware of them and even in the case of Ranma and company they work with them on joint operations.

That however is *not* what is occurring here... if nothing else, the international incident with the princess should have had enough impact to get these guys serious on at least tracking them down for explanations... several others in the series as well...

That they seemingly have not in canon material is exactly why I dub them and view them as incompetent.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:02 pm

Well, the real life explanation is that Sailor Moon was a successful attempt to make a Magical Girl anime with the same basic things than Sentai show, and the whole thing of authorities not dealing with the monsters or villains is part of it.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:29 pm

Blackcat101 wrote:Well, the real life explanation is that Sailor Moon was a successful attempt to make a Magical Girl anime with the same basic things than Sentai show, and the whole thing of authorities not dealing with the monsters or villains is part of it.

Oh I know that... my whole point is the premise falls apart when taking into account the responses by real life government, law enforcement, and military to threats of this high a nature on their soil.

In general, magical girl shows taking place in modern times, say 90's and later, all have such failings. Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha for example also does not really hold up well either once you really contemplate the repercussions of actions taken or that would expect to be taken.

It is hardly only even magical girl shows... Ranma for example has enough damage and dangerous acts occurring in the city I cannot picture police not becoming involved. Thou it at least takes place mostly in Nerima... where it is quite obvious even the city council keeps things under wraps (there is enough evidence to imply it from the few conversations we see in canon).
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:36 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:It is hardly only even magical girl shows... Ranma for example has enough damage and dangerous acts occurring in the city I cannot picture police not becoming involved. Thou it at least takes place mostly in Nerima... where it is quite obvious even the city council keeps things under wraps (there is enough evidence to imply it from the few conversations we see in canon).

In the case of Ranma, is acceptable because is a Comedy, the first episode you already have a sex changing martial artist, a bald guy who turns into a panda, and a girl strong enough to punch or mallet Ranma to Leo. Since Comedies of the absurd are not supposed to be realistic, is okay. There is no canon explanation besides "Is a Comedy with magic and martial arts". At least in Ranma 1/2 Nerima, local martial artists are the one supposed to take care of "unusual problems", not the police. One could argue they keep things like that due to tradition and honor, that seems to be quite important in the world of Ranma 1/2.

Somer fics explain it by having the Nerima ward being a "Martial artist preserve". And the autorities tolerate the stuff that goes there as a price to keep Japan as one of the places with the strongest martial artists of the world.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:35 pm

And then there’s one that introduces Council Worker Martial Arts, which basic form of meditation involves leaning on a shovel.

gromittd’s “Changes
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:43 pm

Té Rowan wrote:And then there’s one that introduces Council Worker Martial Arts, which basic form of meditation involves leaning on a shovel.

gromittd’s “Changes

Do not forget the martial arts librarians and the park layout attracting martial artists...

Or Akane having more husbands than days in a month.

That story was gold... wish it had been continued...
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:14 am

I remember that story most for Akane and Usagi taking cooking lessons.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:55 pm

Té Rowan wrote:I remember that story most for Akane and Usagi taking cooking lessons.

I don't remenber anything about Usagi being terrible cooking. Her main flaw, at least in early seasons was being lazy and a crybaby.

Actually is been so long,I dont' remenber if any of the senshi was really bad at cooking.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby TerraEpon » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:26 pm

Usagi made some pretty bad stuff in at least one episode, though at the end of the episode she made curry that looked horrible but tasted great.
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:53 pm

TerraEpon wrote:Usagi made some pretty bad stuff in at least one episode, though at the end of the episode she made curry that looked horrible but tasted great.

So she is way better than Akane, and if only took one episode to improve then she isn't an horrible cook. I remember the fanon of Makoto being good at cooking cause she is an orphan. Amy would probably be decent at it, since she would follow the recipe as if was a chemistry exercise.

Plus unlike Akane, Usagi does taste what she cooks, right?
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:56 pm

So she is way better than Akane, and if only took one episode to improve then she isn't an horrible cook. I remember the fanon of Makoto being good at cooking cause she is an orphan. Amy would probably be decent at it, since she would follow the recipe as if was a chemistry exercise.

It should be noted, there are some discrepancies in Makoto's backstory in the original anime between dub and sub tracks.

- In dub, her mother is alive, father not mentioned, and boyfriend is Freddy.

- In sub, both parents apparently dead, and boyfriends name never given.

Also, the real terror of the inner senshi is being around Minako when she is in a caring disposition toward the sick. The issue is not so much the fact she cares, but is so over the top on it she makes things 10x worse.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:41 pm

Blackcat101 wrote:

I don't remenber anything about Usagi being terrible cooking. Her main flaw, at least in early seasons was being lazy and a crybaby.

Actually is been so long,I dont' remenber if any of the senshi was really bad at cooking.

Usagi tasting one of her own cookies:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJbccdy9mwM
I think the grimace says exactly how bad they were.

I remember the fanon of Makoto being good at cooking cause she is an orphan.

Makoto is shown rather clearly to be a good cook, end of story.

Amy would probably be decent at it, since she would follow the recipe as if was a chemistry exercise.

Capable of producing edible food more likely, as following recipes as if it was chemistry is usually NOT a good idea.

#####
Also, the real terror of the inner senshi is being around Minako when she is in a caring disposition toward the sick. The issue is not so much the fact she cares, but is so over the top on it she makes things 10x worse.

:mrgreen:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon