First thoughts on new anime.

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

First thoughts on new anime.

Postby Knight of Ranko » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:28 pm

It allready feels faster paced...

It seems to do a good job of keeping a lot of references to the original anime and Manga, to keep it from feeling too changed to fans of the original series, yet changing enough to bring it "up to code" with modern artwork, and fresh enough to be worth watching.

The new theme song... I dont think it will become QUITE the classic as Moonlight Denetsu.

any thoughts.
Knight of Ranko
Senshi Candidate

Re: First thoughts on new anime.

Postby TerraEpon » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:13 pm

I think the first episode should be difficult to really judge given that the anime stayed so close to the manga compared to the rest of it. A lot of it felt like retread because of this, yet it seemed to...flow...much better. Just all and all staged better, paced better, etc.
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:41 pm

I found it satisfactory. It felt a lot more like the manga than the anime's first version. The music wasn't unexpected, considering how the culture has evolved in Japan over the past two decades (which also affects the opening and closing songs of various video games).

Even though I'm not particularly interested in romance, I'm hoping that Usagi and Mamoru's relationship mirrors what happened in the manga.

...And I was kind of hoping that Naru's hair would remain auburn or become red. XD;;
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby WG_Writer » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:41 pm

So far I think, on the first episode at least, it looks good. But as said earlier, its far far too early to judge.
Storm trooper effect works against good guys as well.
No matter how strong you are, there is always a teenager able to beat you without breaking a sweat.
A blind Paladin can only hear half truths
A deaf Paladin can only see half truths
Either way the Paladin is a berserker
WG_Writer
Moon Senshi

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon