If Usagi didn't like Seijuro/Ali...

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

If Usagi didn't like Seijuro/Ali...

Postby SailorStar9 » Wed May 14, 2014 1:58 am

Then why would she be mad if Makoto dated him in episode 9 of the R Season?
Chibi-Chibi: Chibi-Chibi

I still say Sailor Moon's Chibi-Chibi is a lost Pokemon. (Tosses Dusk Ball)

On infidelity: The Pot has not just met the Kettle, they are getting jiggy on the top of the stove.
SailorStar9
Senshi Candidate

Re: If Usagi didn't like Seijuro/Ali...

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Wed May 14, 2014 2:24 pm

The anime was supposed to make sense in that regard? :O
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby SailorStar9 » Thu May 15, 2014 7:28 pm

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:The anime was supposed to make sense in that regard? :O

Not what I meant; it's just that that episode gave me the vibe that while Usagi was alright with the girls dating, she wasn't alright for them to date the guys who were interested in her.
Chibi-Chibi: Chibi-Chibi

I still say Sailor Moon's Chibi-Chibi is a lost Pokemon. (Tosses Dusk Ball)

On infidelity: The Pot has not just met the Kettle, they are getting jiggy on the top of the stove.
SailorStar9
Senshi Candidate

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Thu May 15, 2014 11:59 pm

I get that, but you're likely not going to find an answer to the contradiction with any applicable logic. Except, of course, that Usagi's terribly bad at secretly being a spoiled harem queen. Which most would -- understandably -- cast aside as too unbelievable.

If I had to guess, it's related to the anime's attempts at being entertaining; that is, the part of it that lacks imagination and sense. The thing is, not much happens between Usagi and Mamoru, romantically, because it's mainly reserved for dramatic moments. To provide a stark contrast to the (stereo)typical romance to be expected, any other "romantic" instances either lack seriousness or longevity. The unattached girls don't get to be as fortunate as Usagi; even if they had been, their other half would be even less relevant than Mamoru, to the point where one might wonder if there had ever been a point to pairing them up.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon