Only in Sailor Moon...

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

Only in Sailor Moon...

Postby SailorStar9 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:05 am

Does the human body contain so many magical items for monsters, formless evil beings, and dark queens to consume. Heart Crystals, Dream Mirrors, Star Seeds. Heck, even simple human energy is a delicacy for the evil beings in this series.

Anyone else wanna point things like these out too? :P
Chibi-Chibi: Chibi-Chibi

I still say Sailor Moon's Chibi-Chibi is a lost Pokemon. (Tosses Dusk Ball)

On infidelity: The Pot has not just met the Kettle, they are getting jiggy on the top of the stove.
SailorStar9
Senshi Candidate

Re: Only in Sailor Moon...

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:14 am

For the anime, at least. The manga had neither heart crystals or dream mirrors.

Are you asking for other series that nab more than one thing out of people? If so, I don't think there are many, since -- either due to choice or length -- most series stick to the same thing instead of making up more. The only one that comes to mind, offhand, might be the Shugo Chara anime. I say "might" because it's basically the same thing taking on different forms and functions.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby SailorStar9 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:24 am

Crescent Pulsar S wrote: Are you asking for other series that nab more than one thing out of people?

Nah, I'm just asking you guys to point out random quirks that are unique about the anime. :mrgreen:

You know, like, only in Sailor Moon can a monster attack a single civilian that the Senshi have made friends with for that single episode. :P

On infidelity: The Pot has not just met the Kettle, they are getting jiggy on the top of the stove.
SailorStar9
Senshi Candidate

Postby Noy Telinú » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:55 am

Only in Sailor Moon do you have an alien, a time traveller, and an esper NOT go to the same school.
"Oh no! What haz happened? As you cats would say." Akane asked, horrified.

"Cats do not speak that way!" Luna yelled.

"Normal sucks."-Noy Telinú
Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:32 am

Noy Telinú wrote:Only in Sailor Moon do you have an alien, a time traveller, and an esper NOT go to the same school.

*lol*
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby SailorStar9 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:45 am

I've also realized that the villains never seem to launch an attack on the city, or people during school hours every single time! It's like, evil somehow gives a crap that they're in school. :D

SailorStar9
Senshi Candidate

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:39 am

As far as the attack on the city goes, that's happened a time or two in the manga, but there's a good enough reasoning as to why it doesn't happen often. (I think it happens in the anime as well; it just depends on how loosely you define "attack.") As for the school/working hours point, I'm sure it's happened a few times in either the manga or the anime. It's not that the baddies don't do anything during those hours, it's that the heroes often don't stumble upon them unless their activities take place in or around the school while they're there.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:39 pm

Only in Sailor Moon dubs do the censors fail so badly that even the kids can see the subtext you didn't want them to see.
Attachments
image.jpg
"Oh no! What haz happened? As you cats would say." Akane asked, horrified.

"Cats do not speak that way!" Luna yelled.

"Normal sucks."-Noy Telinú
Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon