Are the Inner Senshi needed after S Season?

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

Are the Inner Senshi needed after S Season?

Postby SailorStar9 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:44 pm

After re-watching the SuperS and Stars Seasons, this question just keeps coming back to me: Are the Inner Senshi really needed?

Granted Pegasus upped them to Super in SuperS, but what good does it do when Usagi ends up taking out the Lemures 98% of the time and their attacks do zilch against any of the Phages?
Chibi-Chibi: Chibi-Chibi

I still say Sailor Moon's Chibi-Chibi is a lost Pokemon. (Tosses Dusk Ball)

On infidelity: The Pot has not just met the Kettle, they are getting jiggy on the top of the stove.
SailorStar9
Senshi Candidate

Re: Are the Inner Senshi needed after S Season?

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:13 pm

I think the answer's pretty much the same as the one in that other topic. Well, the answer that I'd given, anyway. It ultimately comes down to this question: aren't all of the sailor senshi (aside from Moon) pretty much useless throughout the anime? I mean, at least they could actually defeat various baddies with their own power in the manga, without needing Moon to finish them off every single time. If the anime versions are needed for anything, it's as a distraction and meat shield for an incompetent person who has no learning curve because she's very selective about what kind of memories (and thus experience and skills) she retains.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:54 pm

One has to consider, that a good number of the issues the senshi faced are actually left over issues from the moon kingdom. And at least one a issue from Crystal Tokyo...

Take away all that, and there is about 1/2 the series. that leaves the aliens and the Pegasus.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby SailorStar9 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:00 am

A better question would be: Were they really needed after Sailor Moon got her Cutie Moon Rod upgrade? Since that was when they really started to become useless. Animators should've axed the Inner Senshi after the Cutie Moon Rod upgrade and gone the Kishimoto route, i.e. power up Sailor Moon and Chibi Moon as and when the situation calls for it!
Chibi-Chibi: Chibi-Chibi

I still say Sailor Moon's Chibi-Chibi is a lost Pokemon. (Tosses Dusk Ball)

On infidelity: The Pot has not just met the Kettle, they are getting jiggy on the top of the stove.
SailorStar9
Senshi Candidate

Postby PCHeintz72 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:47 am

SailorStar9 wrote:A better question would be: Were they really needed after Sailor Moon got her Cutie Moon Rod upgrade? Since that was when they really started to become useless. Animators should've axed the Inner Senshi after the Cutie Moon Rod upgrade and gone the Kishimoto route, i.e. power up Sailor Moon and Chibi Moon as and when the situation calls for it!

Ahhh... I misunderstood.... I thought you were including Moon in that assessment.

See, best closest approach to that I've seen would be SM 'Shattered Ice Super Sailor Mercury' by shanejayell.
Moon, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Mamoru all kick the bucket in the battle above earth, but leave powers to Mercury for use, making her and PLuto the heads of the remaining Senshi.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon