Read this before starting a _heated_ discussion!

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

Read this before starting a _heated_ discussion!

Postby Cheb » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:34 am

Moderators, please pin this thread up.

The real mastermind behind the Sailor Moon anime (who is obviously not a Naoko Takeuchi) has "Trolling Creator" listed appropriately among his traits.
He is behind all seasons except the season 5 (Stars).

So... When you guys start arguing about the SM anime canon, you get meta-trolled by the director. Simple as that.

He was stated to a) hate Mamoru, so he snuck mamoru bashing into the canon itself, and b) be into yuri. When he couldn't do all he wanted to, he left SM and made Utena.
Mind-screw is his second name. If you want to be mind-screwed good, then watch his creations (including the latest Spinning Penguindrum) and try to analyze them. If, on the other hand, you want facts... Tough luck.
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Re: Read this before starting a _heated_ discussion!

Postby Noy Telinú » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:53 pm

Oh yeah. I knew that he was the director and shipped Moon/Mars... But I didn't know how much control he had.

He really, really loves Mars.

I didn't know he contradicted canon though. (Still haven't read the manga...)
"Oh no! What haz happened? As you cats would say." Akane asked, horrified.

"Cats do not speak that way!" Luna yelled.

"Normal sucks."-Noy Telinú
Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:47 pm

I'm not sure if "contradict" is the right word. The first story arc of Sailor Moon for both the anime and the manga were being produced at the same time, if I remember correctly, rather than one following after the other was finished (or at least far enough into production). I think Takeuchi's Mars came after the anime introduced their version, since she had added a note in the chapter introducing her version about making her different from the one in the anime (and thank goodness for that, I say).

As a note, Kunihiko Ikuhara only directed several episodes of the first season, not all of it.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby uragaaru » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:59 am

Ikuhara is a glorious troll and I will forever love his dedication to both queerness in anime and never giving fan speculation a straight answer*.

*pun not intended, but it works regardless
uragaaru
Senshi Cadet

Postby Cheb » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:30 am

, not all of it.

Yes, but the most important things univerese-mechanics-vise are from seasons 2 and 3. And that's his handiwork.

Great Freeze comes to mind :roll:
An d Sailor Pluto. Never forget Sailor Pluto. :mrgreen:
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:48 am

The Great Freeze, possibly, but are you sure about Pluto? The only notable difference (aside from personality), from what I remember, is when she stops time. And I don't think there was much -- if any -- difference in what the Doors of Time/Time Gate did, either. Besides, he was the director, not the writer. At least, I don't think he was a co-writer, and I thought directors chose how things are presented rather than dictate changes to the material they have to work with.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon