What justification does Usagi have to create Crystal Tokyo?

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

Re: What justification does Usagi have to create Crystal Tok

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:12 pm

That could be considered flame bait. But really dragon ball can continue a manga or three or four just having people check the scouter and get into a fight with something random. Not saying it did but it could.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:19 pm

That still doesn't seem like a good answer.

But whatever. I don't know what it is like to write manga. Still bugs me that it was never adressed and there is no good reason besides that she was surprised. Doesn't sound very ready to me. Just saying. Or Sayian, if you're Vegeta...
"Oh no! What haz happened? As you cats would say." Akane asked, horrified.

"Cats do not speak that way!" Luna yelled.

"Normal sucks."-Noy Telinú
Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:48 pm

They don't say anything about potentially finding a way to save those people.
Awfully convent that her creator doesn't even explore that at all.
Pay. Attention. :evil:
NOT. NAOKO. TAKEUCHI. It's an anime-only plot hole. Anime was not made by Naoko Takeuchi. There's NO. SUCH. THING. as the great freeze in the manga.
It's all Kunihiku Ikuhara. Kunihiku Ikuhara is a GUY.

************************************************************************************

Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:54 pm

Kinda why I pointed out I'm not sure how long she worked with the people on the Anime series but she was working with them from the start just not sure when she stopped before the production ended.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:08 pm

As you see, no one was banishing Black Moon Family to Nemesis. The terrorists captured it on their own, making it their home base. Just like Al Quaeda hiding in far and hard-to-rich mountains.

Oh, and everyone on Earth is dead and dissolving by this point. Courtesy the same BM.
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:44 pm

Spokavriel wrote: That could be considered flame bait. But really dragon ball can continue a manga or three or four just having people check the scouter and get into a fight with something random. Not saying it did but it could.

No bait, i just can´t stand the damn series. And almost everytime i see someone add it into a crossover, it totally kills the fic.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:59 pm

Spokavriel wrote: That could be considered flame bait. But really dragon ball can continue a manga or three or four just having people check the scouter and get into a fight with something random. Not saying it did but it could.

Shoot-fire, Dragonball can spend an entire tankoubon with nothing but people tensing their muscles and screaming threats at one another.

(Mind you, this may not be the original Dragonball. I've seen a couple episodes, and it wasn't anything like that. But stick a suffix like Z on it, and it goes to hell. I know. Ryoga told me he saw it there. Special screening.)
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Cheb » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:57 pm

But stick a suffix like Z on it,

They remade it as Kai (known as Z-Kai in the West) and it's really great, very tense and dramatic and fast-paced. I tried to watch the old Z, to get a feel... Yeech :x Tons and tons of stupid, lame fillers.

DB is a great series but fanfics based on it tend to suck.
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:55 am

Ok fine, I didn't know. I haven't read the manga. Stupid anime only plot holes plot holing everything up.

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:07 am

They don't say anything about potentially finding a way to save those people.
Awfully convent that her creator doesn't even explore that at all.
Cheb wrote:Pay. Attention. :evil:
NOT. NAOKO. TAKEUCHI. It's an anime-only plot hole. Anime was not made by Naoko Takeuchi. There's NO. SUCH. THING. as the great freeze in the manga.
It's all Kunihiku Ikuhara. Kunihiku Ikuhara is a GUY.

************************************************************************************

So dead bodies magically started disappearing for no reason as if they were never there after the Dark Moon attacked :?: That almost sounds like Crystal Tokyo is just a big holodeck. :?
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:11 am

Noy Telinú wrote:Ok fine, I didn't know. I haven't read the manga. Stupid anime only plot holes plot holing everything up.

The anime is at worst as bad about plot holes, but I'd say the anime has fewer plot holes, but is just different.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:27 am

Cheb wrote:As you see, no one was banishing Black Moon Family to Nemesis. The terrorists captured it on their own, making it their home base. Just like Al Quaeda hiding in far and hard-to-rich mountains.

Oh, and everyone on Earth is dead and dissolving by this point. Courtesy the same BM.

It's pretty easy to "capture" something when the only thing there hates the people you are enemies with, and anyone who might want to stop you has just abandoned the place. The whole description of what happened makes it sound like they are simply playing on their younger selves emotions. They can track Nemesis, but they can't track nemesis. They stick a very dangerous criminal there, but they knew there was an extremely powerful thing on Nemesis. :roll:
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:53 pm

Oh yeah and one last thing.

Since they went to the future, then they would know what happened, so when they grow up, wouldn't they know what to expect? Do they just act it out to not create a paradox? Or will they prevent the thing in the future? And it still doesn't explain why the past senshi are better than the future ones.

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:45 pm

, so when they grow up, wouldn't they know what to expect?

In the anime? Look, it's yet another plot hole! How shocking!
In the manga? They *lived* that thousand years through. Memories have a tendency to fade over long periods of time. And they did not have an exact date. And the attack was overwhelmingly fast. They had maybe seconds to react, then they were all down... Wait a minute. The King mentions that study of Nemesis was resumed in the 30rd century. Maybe they did remember... But they did not know details. Of who, when, and where. Then BMC outwitted them. The thing is, the Death Phantom gained control of Nemesis orbit, and was even able to teleport the planet around. They simply could have lost this erratically moving, heavily cloaked object. "It's time, we need to cordon Nemesis off." -- "Oh crap, it isn't there!" -- "Where it is then?" -- "Oh crap!"
Very much how time travel should work if it doesn't cause a world-crashing paradox.
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:48 pm

Freaking plot holes...

Fine, I'll give you that...

Just answer this...

WHAT is purification, IS it in the manga, and WHY name it something so controversial?

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon