What justification does Usagi have to create Crystal Tokyo?

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

Re: What justification does Usagi have to create Crystal Tok

Postby Cheb » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:36 pm

AFAIR, "purification" is an anime-only blunder. From the same episode and speech as the freeze.
I'll look into it when I'm not as tired. Need to check if it could be a careless wording or an artifact of translation.

I can't remember anything like from the manga. Except that the longievity wasn't working on the BM people for some reason:

Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby SailorStar9 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:55 am

I just thought of something: since the Ginzuishou's powers can very easily edge into reality warping, given the way it allows Usagi to re-set reality after the defeat of Beryl, bringing everyone back a year with no Beryl and stuff, or the way Usagi's powers just develop as she needs them, could it be possible that Crystal Tokyo is just the end-result of the Ginzuishou's reality warping to suit Usagi's whims?
Chibi-Chibi: Chibi-Chibi

I still say Sailor Moon's Chibi-Chibi is a lost Pokemon. (Tosses Dusk Ball)

On infidelity: The Pot has not just met the Kettle, they are getting jiggy on the top of the stove.
SailorStar9
Senshi Candidate

Postby Spica75 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:13 am

SailorStar9 wrote:I just thought of something: since the Ginzuishou's powers can very easily edge into reality warping, given the way it allows Usagi to re-set reality after the defeat of Beryl, bringing everyone back a year with no Beryl and stuff, or the way Usagi's powers just develop as she needs them, could it be possible that Crystal Tokyo is just the end-result of the Ginzuishou's reality warping to suit Usagi's whims?

In theory, perhaps, in practice almost certainly not. Getting to that point goes via a disaster, and that´s just not likely to be even indirectly caused by her (and it´s even contrary to what she actively wished for while using it).
There´s always the law of unintended consequences, but if it actually acted directly based on her wish, then simply no.
The one way i could see it happen is if the crystal is somehow changed into a "evil tool", either retroactively ( just that noone realised that it needs to be actively forced away from making your wish happen in bad ways) or by something happening to it (since it´s not much used, no reason why anyone would notice anytime soon), essentially using the good old "demons/"insert generic evil forces here" will always corrupt your wishes" cliche.

Sticking close to canon however, no.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:44 pm

Well, she might not think things through, OR, the game breaker crystal might be TARDIS in nature, doing what's best for those around her.

But I'm just guessing.
"Oh no! What haz happened? As you cats would say." Akane asked, horrified.

"Cats do not speak that way!" Luna yelled.

"Normal sucks."-Noy Telinú
Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon