Where are the Planetary royalty?

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

Where are the Planetary royalty?

Postby SailorStar9 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:03 am

Am I the only on who wondered about this? I mean, we've only known of Queen Serenity and Setsuna's father, Chronos. Then what happened to the rest of the Planetary royalty?
Chibi-Chibi: Chibi-Chibi

I still say Sailor Moon's Chibi-Chibi is a lost Pokemon. (Tosses Dusk Ball)

On infidelity: The Pot has not just met the Kettle, they are getting jiggy on the top of the stove.
SailorStar9
Senshi Candidate

Re: Where are the Planetary royalty?

Postby Cheb » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:32 pm

Please give , how they call it, a proof link that Chronos is a) royalty and b) Setsuna's father, and not some deity whom they address as "father" as afigure of speech.
Until done that, I'll be considering your question a shallow attempt at trolling.
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Re: Where are the Planetary royalty?

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:18 pm

*Clears throat*

To put it another way, we don't really know if such royalty and nobility existed beyond Serenity's family and the Golden Kingdom on Earth. Heck, we don't even know if princess Serenity came into being with the aid of a man, magic, technology, or what. All we know is that her mother is Queen Serenity and she has an appearance that can probably rule out adoption.

You also have to consider the circumstances that the sailor senshi were in, where the inner senshi were in positions that were less like princesses and more like (well, actually, in actuality) bodyguards and tutors. The outer senshi are even further divorced from this notion, with two patrolling the outer edge of the solar system against incursion, one guarding a special door and kept a big secret, and the last sealed away to never make an appearance except for when it's time to do that kamikaze thing that she does on a massive scale.

Another problem is that they're also referred to as being goddesses at times (in the manga, anyway), which might suggest that "princess" may just be another glorified title because they're senshi, rather than any of them inheriting it from their family. It's not said that only royalty can become sailor senshi, so it'd be a rather unbelievable coincidence if every sailor senshi just happened to be princesses already. Well, unless the process that leads one to becoming a real (thanks a lot, Galaxia) sailor senshi is artificially produced, and that seems unlikely.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon