Sailor Moon new anime predictions

Discuss the Sailor Moon series in this forum.

Re: Sailor Moon new anime predictions

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:14 pm

Noy Telinú wrote:When will the dub come out? I ask because its easier for me to watch dub. Plus, I'm interested in what their views will be compared to 20 years ago what with the Supreme Court rulings and all.

Why would Japanese schoolgirls views be influenced by the U.S. Supreme Court?

I have no clue on when a dub version would come out, but considering they never even made season 5 officially available dubbed or subbed in the U.S... (my own copy of season 5 is a *old* Canadian fansub) I would not hold out much hope for an official dub.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:42 pm

Yeah, an official sub is in the bag; some official channel is going to go at least that far with it.

If the new anime stays true enough to the manga, however, it really makes me wonder if any of the usual suspects would want to have it dubbed and aired on American television, because some of the content and themes aren't exactly for the young at heart. The manga was a bit more graphic, and darker. (As an example of both, a little girl is shown getting burned alive. And lord knows how many melty-faces-of-death there are throughout the thing, as baddies tend to get their flesh blown away (as a start) instead of just poofing into dust or some other innocuous thing.)

I'll be happy if the monster-of-the-week is abandoned. I wouldn't be able to take its plot seriously otherwise.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:37 pm

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:Yeah, an official sub is in the bag; some official channel is going to go at least that far with it.

If the new anime stays true enough to the manga, however, it really makes me wonder if any of the usual suspects would want to have it dubbed and aired on American television, because some of the content and themes aren't exactly for the young at heart. The manga was a bit more graphic, and darker. (As an example of both, a little girl is shown getting burned alive. And lord knows how many melty-faces-of-death there are throughout the thing, as baddies tend to get their flesh blown away (as a start) instead of just poofing into dust or some other innocuous thing.)

I'll be happy if the monster-of-the-week is abandoned. I wouldn't be able to take its plot seriously otherwise.

While things have certainly changed... as least as far as what is considered acceptable, like said, they never bothered bringing season 5 here... if this has content that is worse... I fear for its availability through normal channels in the U.S.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby TerraEpon » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:51 am

The content of Stars didn't necessarily have anything to do with why it wasn't brought over here, despite what a lot of people seem to think.
TerraEpon
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:58 am

Well, there was a lot of nudity at the end, right? (Though, I suppose they could have put a bathing suit on Usagi, like they had done with the girls in Tenchi Muyo.) But I believe, between the fourth season and the piece-meal updates (like, having a few new episodes of a season and waiting weeks or months for another few, instead of getting the whole season translated and aired every consecutive week), people had lost interest in the series.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:10 pm

No, they would have impact on dubbers. Especially in failing to hide lesbian couples.

If it does get dubbed and fans demand no stupid fixing, it might have to be put on later. If at all. Image SM on adult swim. It feels so wrong...
"Oh no! What haz happened? As you cats would say." Akane asked, horrified.

"Cats do not speak that way!" Luna yelled.

"Normal sucks."-Noy Telinú
Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:42 am

Sailor Moon cast plus character designs revealed

Usagi's voice actress remains the same, while the others get new ones.
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:47 am

It makes sense to start airing it during Cancer. :P
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:30 pm

KonokoHasano wrote:Sailor Moon cast plus character designs revealed

Usagi's voice actress remains the same, while the others get new ones.

Surprised that they got any of the original VAs. Characters felt mostly the same, Rei looked a bit different but not much.

It makes sense to start airing it during Cancer.

:D
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Knight of L-sama » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:38 pm

Spica75 wrote:Surprised that they got any of the original VAs. Characters felt mostly the same, Rei looked a bit different but not much.

Given that both Tohru Furuya (aka the original Tuxedo Kamen) as well as Kotono Mitsuishi put their hands up saying they were willing to return at the event where the new anime was announced, I would have been surprised if she hadn't got her old role back.
If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million nights, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Knight of L-sama
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:53 pm

Knowing that the voice of Makoto is the woman who voiced Ryuko Matoi of Kill la Kill, I will constantly be thinking that.

Also, it's kind of funny. The Sailor Moon fandom apparently hates the Pretty Cure fandom, yet the new cast members all did work in various Pretty Cure series~
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby talonhunter » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:18 am

I wonder who will try liecensing it in the US. Wil. It be Funimation, section 23, Central Park Media, Disney?
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sat May 03, 2014 2:19 am

Probably Funimation. Though I hope Crunchyroll can stream it, since I'd actually be able to watch it. ;/
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sat May 31, 2014 7:49 pm

I was relieved to hear that Crunchyroll will Stream Sailor Moon Crystal. Well, unless it's not in the way that I am able to watch videos there, or if it's only for paid subscribers.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:33 pm

Trailer showing a little bit of the animation for Sailor Moon Crystal. The animation is amazingly gorgeous, but holy jeez do I feel thrown off by it all as my mind tries to wrap itself around it. @_@
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Specific Series: Sailor Moon