Discuss the Ranma series in this forum.

Hot and Cold Chi

Postby toushin » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:15 am

how does these two forms of energy work
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Hot and Cold Chi

Postby Té Rowan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:27 pm

If you really mean how they interact, that seems to be similar to how hot and cold air interact in the weather system. Otherwise… sodomy non sapiens.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby toushin » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:30 pm

I’ve started reading Katekyo Hitman Reborn and realize that the Dying Will Flame is probably the best description of what Hot Chi is. A high-density form of energy that is refined from one's own life-force. Due to the way it resonates with one's emotions, it has been regarded as a type of battle aura. However, unlike the aura, which is a supernatural phenomenon that can only be seen by a few individuals, the Dying Will Flame is in many ways more alike to a real flame, possessing even its own destructive properties.

Hot Chi is merely the by product of using emotion to manipulate chi. a battle aura is a manifestation of the user’s ki. A hot battle aura is an aura powered by anger or determination and which gives off heat and strengthens the user’s body, increasing his strength, speed and/or toughness. Most battle auras are simply different variations of this one.

However Cold Chi seems to be a lot more complicated. In the Soul of Ice the user must learn to set aside their emotions, their anger, hate and fear, to let their ki remain as calm as the eye of a hurricane no matter what amount of anger and aggravation is thrown against them. They learn to cultivate a state of mind in which emotions such as embarrassment and anger become like drops of rain that wash off a duck's back! They ignore their own humiliation, disregard their ego and remain clear and focused on staying calm. But how does that make the energy cold
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:54 pm

Sounds analogous to atonic motion. At zero Kelvin (absolute zero), there is no motion, nothing going on, still as still can be. Like a snow-covered prairie in the middle of winter, only more so. And now I want my woolies.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:01 pm

Té Rowan wrote:Sounds analogous to atonic motion. At zero Kelvin (absolute zero), there is no motion, nothing going on, still as still can be. Like a snow-covered prairie in the middle of winter, only more so. And now I want my woolies.

"Absolute zero" means everything is in its state of lowest energy. It's philosophy whether you count the electrons as whizzing around the nuclei, or simply forming a cloud about it. Quantum mechanics and the uncertainty principle mean you'll never know, but that is a question for gods to answer.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Return to Specific Series: Ranma