Human Shaped Battle Aura

Discuss the Ranma series in this forum.

Human Shaped Battle Aura

Postby toushin » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:37 pm

what are the mechanics behind this ability how are Genma and Happosai able to acomplish it when everyone else just has a general aura not a human shaped one
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: Human Shaped Battle Aura

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:30 pm

It's not exactly human, but there's Soun's demon head.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:39 pm

Consider the personalities of the people who can do this. Their Giant Aura is a projection of their Ego. They have mastered turning their own self image into a weapon and can project it as large as they feel themselves to be.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:55 pm

No Water Works property card for Soun? I feel cheated.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:13 pm

Crescent this isn't Spamville. As to Soun his Demonhead is formed of his personal demons of fear and rage. Only when he's having to defend his loved ones can he also impose his Ego like Happi and Genma.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:09 pm

I'm well aware that this isn't Spamville. Excuse me for expressing disagreement with humor. Obviously you still understood the intent and relevance of my message, or else you wouldn't have argued against what I said, making your initial observation of what I did pointless. You know, like Spamville is.

And he also employs the demon head for trivial reasons, and it can easily be dealt with, such as by deflating him like a balloon. Besides which, I don't buy the unsubstantiated premise that it's about ego and self-image. I imagine Happosai's aura would have looked like something in the same vein (as in, possibly taking into account his current age) as that young, handsome man we see when he refers to his younger self, or Genma as himself instead of expressing his panda form. All that those two do, in that one, particular situation, is simply compete for size, which is indicative of nothing other than what we see them doing. It's probably no different from when Cologne shaped the water when using the shark-fist technique. Except even Kasumi, Nabiki and Akane can make an aural projection of themselves, so it may -- ultimately -- not be anything too special at all.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:07 pm

http://www.furinkan.com/features/index.html
I read both the personal demons and Ego things in interviews on the linked web site before. Unfortunately I can't remember which ones but they don't appear to have deleted any.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:29 pm

Well, if they do exist as you've stated, and it can be pointed out to me, then I'll accept it. I looked at the interviews from the outside and there's just too much to look through. I did try a site: search on Google, hoping that searching for a needle in the haystack wouldn't be necessary, but it didn't work. ;/
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:06 pm

It also failed for me. Otherwise I would have linked to the exact interview.
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:43 pm

Well, now that I'm rested and thought about it some more, it probably wouldn't be a good explanation anyway, since other factors in the series would either make it contradictory or a double standard.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:12 pm

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:Well, now that I'm rested and thought about it some more, it probably wouldn't be a good explanation anyway, since other factors in the series would either make it contradictory or a double standard.

You are speaking of a series which positively revels in contradictions and double standards.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:26 pm

Exactly. :P
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby toushin » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:28 pm

I just finished reading the current translated Rakudai Kishi no Chivalry and the series had a lot of interesting answers.

The character Stella has a technique called Bahamut's Soul ability that allows her to engulf an entire area in nothing but her own flames. This causes the image of a towering dragon to form as a manifestation of the aura of dominance that Stella exudes. It is basically like Reiatsu from bleach which is the physical force/pressure that a person’s Reiryoku he amount of energy a being has stored within their body or soul creates when released. However when energy released is high enough it begins to take shape as a manifestation of their inner strength. In Stelle’s case it takes the form of a dragon because of the nature of her magic, but with Happosai and Genma it would just take the form of a bigger version of them (or whatever form Genma is in).

It goes further then that however, Stella can only used this is if she has other’s supporting her as Bahamut Soul is just a powerful burst of energy that is strong engulf an entire town so she needs someone there in order to keep her power within a contained area. So a Human Shaped Battle Aura a two part technique a person must first have enough energy that when it is released instead of surging around their body and exert outwards in the form of an aura it manifest as a larger version of themselves. Then in order to prevent the energy from just surging forth them in every direction they must contain and concentrate it. this takes a great deal of mental effort which why Happosai and Genma can only use it for a couple of seconds before being severely weakened
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Pata Hikari » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:49 pm

The entire battle aura thing is a visual metaphor for the characters "fighting spirit." It's not really meant to be a literal thing all the characters are seeing.

Until it suddenly is when Takahashi uses it for a sight gag.
Pata Hikari
Senshi Cadet

Return to Specific Series: Ranma