Reasons Akane should NOT be made a senshi

Discuss the Ranma series in this forum.

Reasons Akane should NOT be made a senshi

Postby HopeSeiketsu » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:21 pm

I will be the first to admit I do NOT like Akane Tendo, I don't THINK I hate her but she REALLY pisses me off. But onto the subject, the reason I don't think Akane should EVER be made a senshi is simple really. SHE COULD NOT HANDLE IT, by this I mean that she would ABSOLUTELY abuse the power we all KNOW what happens when Akane gets a free power up.
She abuses the hell out of it. Examples right off of the top of my head are the Super Soba noodles, and the battle dougi arc. She let's the power go to her head faster then ranma can throw a punch so to speak.
Unfortunately I also HATE Ranma/Akane paring even if it IS "cannon" because of how Akane acts. This results in me not being able to read LOTS of good fanfiction. Then again I am REALLY not a fan of ANY of Ranmas would be suiters including Nabiki. This is because NONE of them really even CARE about Ranmas feelings and for the most part treat him more or less like property
Any way share your email thoughts on this for all of the fiancée's
HopeSeiketsu
Senshi Cadet

Re: Reasons Akane should NOT be made a senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:42 pm

In my opinion there are tow much more important reasons why she shouldn't be a senshi:

1) her short temper

2) related to 1) : I doubt he'd be able to keep her identity as a senshi a secret if she should lose her temper

But then, Akane might be ok as a senshi if it happens before she meets Kuno or Ranma.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:57 am

The only Ranmaverse character I can see making a successful Senshi is fan-fiction Konatsu. Don't think we have enough canonical Konatsu to say.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:55 pm

I think there's enough of a canon depiction to say that he wouldn't be much of a success. (This ignores whether one's sex matters to be a sailor senshi.) He's too servile, and easy enough to trick even if it's from someone/something that he already should feel cautious about.

As for Akane, I can see her having problems concealing her identity whenever something is taken personally, and/or because she's feeling self-righteous. That, and jumping the gun and trying to handle something herself, which would be especially bad if we're operating under the anime rules, where Sailor Moon is almost always required to get the baddies -- even the weakest of the lot -- dealt with.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:11 pm

I will be the first to admit I do NOT like Akane Tendo, I don't THINK I hate her but she REALLY pisses me off. But onto the subject, the reason I don't think Akane should EVER be made a senshi is simple really. SHE COULD NOT HANDLE IT, by this I mean that she would ABSOLUTELY abuse the power we all KNOW what happens when Akane gets a free power up.

Meh, i´ve read at least 4 where it happens, and even if she´s not exactly a great rolemodel for senshi, she manages without appearing to have had a change of personality.

Unfortunately I also HATE Ranma/Akane paring even if it IS "cannon" because of how Akane acts. This results in me not being able to read LOTS of good fanfiction.

Yes it does indeed. Which makes me think you´re having the same issues as Akane, if you´re that poor at handling something so innocuous as a fictional pairing... :twisted:

I´ve found good stories with just about every pairing possible, including Ranma/Genma(he somehow manages to be his own mother there). Your loss if you have too much rage issues. :mrgreen:

Then again I am REALLY not a fan of ANY of Ranmas would be suiters including Nabiki. This is because NONE of them really even CARE about Ranmas feelings and for the most part treat him more or less like property
Any way share your email thoughts on this for all of the fiancée's

Well, Ukyo does care, she´s just "a bit" stuck in dreamland. Others, well no not really.

#####

As for Akane, I can see her having problems concealing her identity whenever something is taken personally, and/or because she's feeling self-righteous.

Or being overexcited. Which is how she "outs" herself in 1 or 2 fics, although fortunately the only ones able of noticing are her friends, so problems caused, but not unfixable.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:00 am

Spica75 wrote:I´ve found good stories with just about every pairing possible, including Ranma/Genma (he somehow manages to be his own mother there).

That’s not queer. Now Ranma being both of his parents, that’s queer.

http://www.clouddreamer.com/fanfic/Where-I-Came-From.htm
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:34 pm

Té Rowan wrote:That’s not queer. Now Ranma being both of his parents, that’s queer.

http://www.clouddreamer.com/fanfic/Where-I-Came-From.htm

Ahahaha *giggles* :mrgreen:

I had forgotten about that one. Now, there you have one serious time paradox problem!

Ah yes that´s the site that has some very interesting fics.

Like this one:
http://www.clouddreamer.com/fanfic/Wandless-Magic.htm
:twisted:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:07 pm

I, too, find Wandless Magic interesting. Gunna have to reread Cloud Dreamer soon, anyway.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Return to Specific Series: Ranma