If Akane applied makeup...

Discuss the Ranma series in this forum.

Re: If Akane applied makeup...

Postby Cheb » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:25 am

People just take wrong approach.
Akane is a little bundle of tightly wound contradictions who is very fun to write and explore various what-ifs. :roll:
People also tend to forget the axiom that writer must be like God, loving all his characters. Yes, even Hitler if you want to write an interesting Hitler.

Thou shall not pass judgement but understand and weave your understanding for the readers to agree or not, pass judgement or not.
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:58 am

This is why I have never written a Hitler fanfic.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby gsteemso » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:42 pm

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:This is why I have never written a Hitler fanfic.

One reason among many, I suspect. :¬)

After I got my breath back from the extreme laughter Ellen’s post triggered, I had to wonder… There is a well-known Internet axiom to the effect that a discussion thread can be said to have achieved 0% signal-to-noise ratio once Hitler has been brought up as a point of comparison. (Was it called Godwin’s Law? I honestly can’t remember.) Now, while I believe the original form of the Law specifically mentioned one or more of the thread _participants_ being compared to Hitler, it seems to me that if we take the slightly weaker form as a starting point, this thread has achieved some sort of meta-Hitlering, wherein the thread itself is more or less functional but its _topic_ has obeyed the Law!
The world’s only gsteemso
gsteemso
Senshi Cadet

Postby Té Rowan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:11 am

More anon at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law — “Godwin's law (or Godwin's rule of Hitler analogies) is an Internet adage that asserts that ‘As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Hitler approaches 1.’—‌that is, if an online discussion (regardless of topic or scope) goes on long enough, sooner or later someone will compare someone or something to Hitler or his deeds.”

So just to get it over and done with: `test "$PAINTER" = "Hitler"`
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Specific Series: Ranma