training trip

Discuss the Ranma series in this forum.

training trip

Postby toushin » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:44 pm

we know about the neko ken

we know that genma trained ranma to survive falling off buildings by throwing him off cliffs.

my question is is genma tying ranma to a train or forcing ranma to carry him while being chased by wolves cannon because you see them in practically every fanfic ever written
toushin
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Re: training trip

Postby Konsaki » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:50 pm

It's canon in the manga and anime, iirc. Gets a small mention in one of the stories.
Konsaki
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:22 pm

Out of the things mentioned, I only recall the neko-ken being in the manga. If the others are canon, it's likely only in the anime.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby three headed dog » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:10 pm

we know that genma trained ranma to survive falling off buildings by throwing him off cliffs.

I am unsure if that is canon or not (pretty sure it is anime canon not 100% though) and the manga does have Genma say: "The lion is said to push its own cub down a cliff and to raise only the ones strong enough to climb back." Viz translation during the Hiryu Shoten Ha training. It really isn't out of character for him and he has said things similar to that quote in other places.

my question is is genma tying ranma to a train or forcing ranma to carry him while being chased by wolves cannon because you see them in practically every fanfic ever written

Again not sure if it is canon or not but is very in character for Genma and even more so for the person who trained Genma: Happosai. For example we see Genma and Soun running away from villagers carrying Happosai and stolen goods while being shot at. We do see female Ranma run all the way home being chased while carrying panda Genma over her shoulder (though in the instance I'm recalling it was a little kid and not wolves). So it isn't much of a stretch to see happen but if I were to include something like that in a fic I'd have them chased by dogs (Ranma carrying Genma) while trying to escape pursuit then wolves since wolves are extinct and have been for well more than a hundred years in Japan.
three headed dog
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Return to Specific Series: Ranma