Bulletproof?

Discuss the Ranma series in this forum.

Re: Bulletproof?

Postby Zwzn » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:45 am

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:Tatewaki didn't hit him with air pressure regarding what I was referring to. It also wasn't air pressure when he took out a part of the school wall and a tree upon first encountering Ranma.

Sharper? Huh... Nothing really comes to mind, as Ranma tends to avoid sharp things fairly well (because it still hurts even if it doesn't happen to injure him much). Also, he can catch blades with his hands and substitute himself to avoid being cut or stabbed by sharp objects as well.
I'm not sure what the difference is between a really sharp blade that is moving at super sonic speeds and a bullet? I would think the blade would be worse.

In a flashback we see Soun and Genma being shot at by a guy with a rifle while training under Happosai.

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:Wait, now that it occurs to me... Ranma (and Konatsu) did take an arrow to the forehead. But I'm guessing it was just a gag effect even if it was an arrow to the brain. XD;;
Ranma is also shown to have a spatula sticking out of his head in the Valentine's day arc.

I'm inclined to think that if a martial artist threw or fired it, the weapon will temporarily have supernatural properties.

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:As for a lightsaber... Well, Herb was able to make a blade with ki. Unless ki is such a thing that can be burned (or whatever) by a lightsaber, I think it's a feasible way to guard or counter it with. Who knows. But Ranma seems fairly resistant to heat besides, considering he could have a fever hot enough to burn fur; and if it's that extreme with his body itself being responsible, I can only wonder what the boundary of outside effects would be.

It honestly depends on how Lightsabers work, and that is rather ill defined in Star Wars.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:47 am

Noy Telinú wrote:I agree...

How about a cannonball? O_o

How fast do those go?

Given what we see in the Ki blast arc, Ranma would be more easily be sent flying through concrete walls by the cannon ball then killed.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:06 am

Noy Telinú wrote:Except that he couldn't take saffron's heat directly and needed a frozen Akane to live.

That stuff is HOT!

Akane wasn't frozen. She was magically dehydrated, and effectively turned into a doll that would not burn.

Ranma repeatedly took Saffron's flame. Heck, that is why Saffron was freaking out, and lied to himself about Akane blunting the attack.

Ranma had a cold that gave him a fever so hot he boiled water before it could touch his skin.

Ranma freezes himself during his fight with Saffron.

Ranma is repeatedly shown to swim in ice water.

During the fight between Rouge and Taro, Ranma is struck by lightning, and flying around in a tornado of flame.

Given Ki in Ranma 1/2 is described as Psychic energy and life energy I'm inclined to think Ranma has control over his body in very amazing ways. He certainly doesn't like extreme, but he can easily deal with them far better then most characters.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:16 pm

He would probnaly catch them anyway. His hands easily break the sound barrier. What were the calculations again?
"Oh no! What haz happened? As you cats would say." Akane asked, horrified.

"Cats do not speak that way!" Luna yelled.

"Normal sucks."-Noy Telinú
Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:23 pm

Noy Telinú wrote:He would probnaly catch them anyway. His hands easily break the sound barrier. What were the calculations again?

Well, bullets can go twice and thrice the speed of sound so that by itself doesn´t help all that much.
Which calculations?
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:32 pm

Long ago, I tried to look up this and found this site. Or was it battlegrounds... Anyway, SOMEONE found out how fast Ranma's hands moved.

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Té Rowan » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:01 pm

Zwzn wrote:... Ranma would be more easily be sent flying through concrete walls by the cannon ball then killed.

Whereas we would likely be killed first, then smashed through the wall or splatted all over it.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:42 am

No, it'll more likely hit him, send him through the wall and go sailing for a while before he gets up and says that hurt.

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:57 am

Zwzn wrote:... Ranma would be more easily be sent flying through concrete walls by the cannon ball then killed.
Té Rowan wrote:Whereas we would likely be killed first, then smashed through the wall or splatted all over it.

But Ranma wouldn't be dead. He would get back up.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:59 am

Yeah, a cannon ball doesn't seem likely to kill him.

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:10 am

Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby Zwzn » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:27 am

Noy Telinú wrote:Yeah, a cannon ball doesn't seem likely to kill him.

Given Ranma survived this while in a weakened state he is very hard to kill.
Zwzn
Moon Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:46 am

He´s the ultimate cockroach... :mrgreen:
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Gnudist » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:38 am

Spica75 wrote:He´s the ultimate cockroach... :mrgreen:

http://earthbound.wikia.com/wiki/Filthy_Attack_Roach
In her home in U'sagi dead serenity waits dreaming.
Gnudist
Moon Senshi

Postby Noy Telinú » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:55 pm

Yeah I think that was it.

A cannonball is round and big, giving more surface area and less penetrating power than a bullet. So yes, he will live. It would be more like a punch than a shot.

Noy Telinú
Prism Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Specific Series: Ranma