Ellen wants reviews!

Talk about various Western Media Here.

Ellen wants reviews!

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:05 pm

My publisher says the more reviews on Amazon, the more sales. My novel Secret Murder sits on Amazon with a paltry three reviews, albeit good reviews. I need more.

The Kindle version will be on promotion (free) on February 4-5. I would dearly love it if you would download the novel, read it, and review it. You'd need an Amazon account, and a Kindle reader -- but there's a good chance you already have the account, and you can download the reader for free. There are versions that will run on almost anything you can use to get on FukuFics.

It must be good, friends keep bugging me to write another one.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Re: Ellen wants reviews!

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:09 pm

The Kindle Reader software I DLed from Amazon stopped working before I could finish reading from the last time the book was available for free. No idea why its not working its being a pain.

Edit: And here is a screenshot of what I get every time I try reading online now.

Unable to open.PNG
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:03 pm

Ah, you're using the cloud reader, and I'm using one right on my computer. In theory, Amazon will remember you have the book -- so try loading a Kindle Reader program right onto your computer. It's worked for me on Windows 7 and Android 4.0.
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spokavriel » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:38 pm

Actually I think its the Kindle Ap on my computer that is making the cloud reader stop working because it was working for me before I used the Kindle Ap and that ap only worked for one month I haven't been able to get the thing to open at all since. I have no idea why I can not.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:04 am

Just a quick reminder, folks -- Secret Murder for Kindle is free today and tomorrow (February 4th and 5th, 2013). I like the book, there's a good chance you'll like the book, and if you do like it, a good review on Amazon will help me sell more when it goes back to $3.99. Just go to Amazon and search for Ellen Kuhfeld -- there's only one of me.
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby DCG » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:42 am

Whats it about? If your going to sell the book to us, at lest toss out some hooks
Fukufics Mod, Plot Hammer, And Muse poker.
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:55 pm

DCG wrote:Whats it about? If your going to sell the book to us, at lest toss out some hooks

You can read the first chapter on Amazon. But you have a good question there.

It's an alternate-universe murder mystery. In this world, the Greenlanders' colonization of the New World prospered, and all of Europe wanted a piece of the action. This was the early eleventh century, long before Europe had guns or epidemic plagues; settlement proceeded slowly, with relatively equal strength between the settlers and the natives.

Now it's the fourteenth century, and there's an Anglo-French empire along the Mississippi. Vikings have settled on the Iron Range of Minnesota. Each Spring there's a fair at Saint Anthony Falls, where Vikings and English gather to trade. A man who's been outlawed (along with his band) from Viking lands is now a trader in the northernmost English city of Northlanding. As the fair begins, he is found with an arrow through his heart.

Who did it? Who will catch that person? And if they catch him, what will they do? The Vikings and the English don't see eye-to-eye on this matter of killings.

It started as a short story that got the bit between its teeth and ran until it was a novel.
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:05 pm

Well, friends - here we go again. Kindle downloads of my Secret Murder will be free on April 8 and 9. As before, I hope you download and leave reviews on Amazon -- lots of reviews are good for book sales.

It's an alternate-universe murder mystery. In this world, the Greenlanders' colonization of the New World prospered, and all of Europe wanted a piece of the action. This was the early eleventh century, long before Europe had guns or epidemic plagues; settlement proceeded slowly, with relatively equal strength between the settlers and the natives.

Now it's the fourteenth century, and there's an Anglo-French empire along the Mississippi. Vikings have settled on the Iron Range of Minnesota. Each Spring there's a fair at Saint Anthony Falls, where Vikings and English gather to trade. A man who's been outlawed (along with his band) from Viking lands is now a trader in the northernmost English city of Northlanding. As the fair begins, he is found with an arrow through his heart.

Who did it? Who will catch that person? And if they catch him, what will they do? The Vikings and the English don't see eye-to-eye on this matter of killings.

It started as a short story that got the bit between its teeth and ran until it was a novel. Since it started as a SCA project, I suppose it counts as fanfiction of a sort.
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Té Rowan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:56 pm

I don't have a Kindle or a Kindle reader, so I just posted the link on my FB stream. Better'n nothing, and there's always a slight chance some FBFriend or other gets curious enough.
I go walking. My mind goes wandering.
Té Rowan
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:03 pm

Té Rowan wrote:I don't have a Kindle or a Kindle reader, so I just posted the link on my FB stream. Better'n nothing, and there's always a slight chance some FBFriend or other gets curious enough.

Thanks for doing that. Every bit helps. If you have an Amazon account, you can download a free Kindle Reader that works on almost anything. I have it on Windows 7 and Android 4.0. It's available for just about anything Apple, and Blackberry as well.

And if you are using Fanfiction Downloader, save in MOBI format and transfer the files over to your Kindle books directory. Works just fine.
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spica75 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:35 pm

If you have an Amazon account

Yeah, if... Sorry, amazon seems to hate me for unknown reason so... :-/
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:34 am

Friends, here we are again. Secret Murder is a free download for Kindle today, June 12th. As always, get, read, review! -- Ellen
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Return to Western TV/Movies/Books