Power Rangers (The Original)

Talk about various Western Media Here.

Re: Power Rangers (The Original)

Postby talonhunter » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:46 pm

What Saban actually did better than what DiC had done. You realize that the trista, amara lita and Serena were the Americanized names DiC came up with for sailor Moon?
Who needs the light when the shadows are so much more...Playful

Senshi of Dione (Saturn IV)

=^*^=
Come see some of the crew here
talonhunter
Prism Power Senshi

Postby camk4evr » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:41 am

talonhunter wrote:What Saban actually did better than what DiC had done. You realize that the trista, amara lita and Serena were the Americanized names DiC came up with for sailor Moon?

And Cloverway (a subsidiery of Toei) ,for Tristam and Amara, which dubbed Sailormoon S and SuperS. Mind you, considering what Saban/Toon Makers planned to do with Sailormoon, we got off luck. Check here
camk4evr
Moon Senshi

Postby Circe » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:00 pm

camk4evr wrote:Saban/Toon Makers

*Bzzt...* Just stepping in to note that, despite the common nickname, Saban had no known involvement with that proposed adaptation.

...That is all.
My Spamville character sheet!

Sailor Soldier of Umbriel!
Circe
Crystal Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:10 pm

So out in stores right now are both parts of the first season. However online they have the complete series. So I decided to look around and got the complete series from Amazon. I haven't had the time to watch it all yet, but the next episode I'm on is the first part of the Green Ranger's introduction.

Wow... now that show brings back memories. It's the only part of the franchise I've ever paid attention to; after Jason left, I just kinda left off watching it. Some music cropped up on a kid-centric radio station I liked, but aside from that, nil.

I seem to remember my parents weren't too keen on me watching it, but what can I say? I was a kid at the time, and I liked that sort of show. 8)

Lioconvoy wrote:With all this Power Rangers background talk I did some digging. Did you know the actor who played Skull has a Doctorate?

Does seem kinda funny when you think about it, doesn't it? :) Good for him.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:28 am

Well I'm up to the second season. I think it's funny the Kimberly's zord went from forming the chest plate to forming the skirt armor.
Sometimes it just doesn't pay....

Expect me when you see me -Doctor Who (The first Doctor)
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:14 am

At least the joined zord positions are more coincidental than implication. Though it might be fun if someone came up with a fanfic that tried to do that for perhaps a standard episode's worth of content.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:58 am

While this topic is about the original series, Bulk shows up in the Power Rangers Samerai. It's funny seeing how little things have changed with him, saddly he's now bald.

Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Spokavriel » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:11 am

Sadly it was clearly already happening in space the few times he lost that bandana.
Spamville Character ProfileArchived Current Senshi of Ophelia (Uranus VII).
My Console Video Games
Spokavriel
Eternal Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:14 am

Back on the second season the Episode where the were getting ready to replace Jason, Zack and Kimberly were pretty terrible. I can't recall if they get better after the replacement. Season 2 was the last I regularly watched.

Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:29 am

Well I'm onto the final season of the original show. The Pink Ranger's zord now becoems the head.

Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:37 am

Well she goes from being the head to not even having a Zord. I've finished Power Rangers now. It's not quite as good as I remembered. Still Bulk and Skull were very amusing. I've started Zeo now and the Pink Ranger has a leg now. Also her Zord is a cross between a Moai and a Dalek.

Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:49 am

The second set of Zord in Zeo Pink became the feet. In Turbo she becomes the arms.

The change over from Zeo to Turbo was severely lacking. Hey it's a new bad guy everyone gets new powers... the movie was just a long episode. The first movie was far better even if it did have no continuity with the series. Turbo stresss the continuity. Bulk and Skull were about to go to France and suddenly they're apart of the Junior Police again? Not to mention why were Rita and Zed more active? Then there's the whole new Blue Ranger... all it took was the kid to find out their identities?

Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Previous

Return to Western TV/Movies/Books