Terraria

Talk about Video and Tabletop Games here.

Terraria

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:45 pm

Since I've been playing this game lately, I figured I might as well cure a smidgen of my boredom by starting a thread.

I was just wondering if anyone else has played it, or is playing it. Someone got it for me, and it was intended that we'd play it together, but some connection issue has resulted in me playing it solo. I've put in about two-hundred hours since the lower end of mid-September, and my next challenge is the Golem.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Re: Terraria

Postby Spica75 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:05 am

My experience with it is limited to reading through the jumpchain CYOA for it, so sadly not able to comment very much on it.

Just that it seems like something i MIGHT take a closer look at eventually.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:53 pm

It's not too bad, as such games go. Item drops can be a right pain, and I'm hoping for more content and a broader selection of weapons, accessories and such, but I've enjoyed the exploration and challenge side of it.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:17 am

This Cheb played 168 hours a few years ago. The game is awesome and is still pinned in my favorites list even as I don't play it anymore.
With enough determination, you can drain the sea into the hell, leaving you with no sea (as any water in hell quickly evaporates) but with relatively passable obsidian-paved hell.
If the world generator does it just so, and the sea is higher than land, you can flood half your world by drilling a horizontal tunnel. :roll:
And the chance to summon the Mega Boss by accident if you are not careful enough while fighting demons in hell? Awesome! :D
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:03 pm

Cheb wrote:This Cheb played 168 hours a few years ago. The game is awesome and is still pinned in my favorites list even as I don't play it anymore.
With enough determination, you can drain the sea into the hell, leaving you with no sea (as any water in hell quickly evaporates) but with relatively passable obsidian-paved hell.
If the world generator does it just so, and the sea is higher than land, you can flood half your world by drilling a horizontal tunnel. :roll:
And the chance to summon the Mega Boss by accident if you are not careful enough while fighting demons in hell? Awesome! :D

:lol:

Ok, the game just jumped a few places up my list of games to look at sometime...
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Cheb » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:21 pm

The possibilities are enormous. There are items that allow you to see and manipulate the wires layer and that's what is used in all traps an contraptions. You then can scrounge enough pressure plates and with enough wires connecting two pumps you can set a defense system to automatically pump magma onto trespassers.

Unlocked by rescuing certain damsel from certain distress :mrgreen:

On the other hand, drowning them in magma is stupid, it destroys everything they drop. To farm you'd better make a depression 6..7 blocks wide and pour a single bucket of magma into it. It will spread thin enough not to destroy any items will still be deadly. Do that in any dungeon with active Water candles (increase spawn rate) and you're set for life :roll:

Health is upgraded using artifacts found at certain depth range (the deeper, the tougher the mosnsters are)
Mana is upgraded by collecting fallen stars (fall at night when zombies rampage) to craft mana crystals.
Magic wands follow the formula "metal + precious gem", ask the guide for recipes. Gems are friggingly rare.
There are certain spells, enemies and weapons that ignore blocks, shooting/moving straight through. A pain if you don't have one of your own.

You can move items between worlds, as much as your character can carry -- which seems a lot... at first... until you fill your first dozen of chests... :lol:

Pickaxe - removes blocks
Axe - cuts trees (entire tree above the cut shatters into mats)
Hammer - removes walls (the background layer) and ALSO shapes blocks, required for turning platforms into stairs and making smooth slopes.
Proud owner of 1.5 kilograms of Germanium transistors
Cheb
Moon Senshi

Postby DCG » Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:17 am

That'll teach me about being lazy checking the boards.

We've already have more than one Fukufic's based City built in Terraria, lost them, and rebuilt them again.

Our last world was lost to an ocean of honey rising from hell.
Fukufics Mod, Plot Hammer, And Muse poker.
DCG
Fukufics Staffer

Return to Games