Do you like fighting games? If so, which ones?

Talk about Video and Tabletop Games here.

Top three fighting games? (Or simply up to three that you like to play.)

Poll ended at Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:08 am

Blazblue
No votes
Dead or Alive
No votes
Guilty Gear
No votes
Killer Instinct
25%
King of Fighters
No votes
Mortal Kombat
No votes
Soul Calibur
No votes
Street Fighter
No votes
Tekken
25%
One or more that couldn't be listed because the poll only allows ten options.
50%

Total votes : 4

Do you like fighting games? If so, which ones?

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:08 am

This is a topic for the general discussion of fighting games, but with a poll as well.

I was bored and felt like yapping about fighting games since I've recently been getting back into them after who knows how long.

Even though Tekken is my favorite series, I haven't played it much after the third game. I played the fifth game for a bit, but I pretty much left it untouched until I tried out Revolution a few months ago, since it was free. Characters like Emilie and Alisa have stoked my interest again, but it's already compromised the efficiency of my controller (which isn't surprising, since I ruined quite a few controllers back in the day, playing fighting games), before I learned that PS3 controllers are outrageously expensive. >_<

The characters that I have a preference for using in Tekken are: Paul, Xiaoyu, Lee, Emilie, Alisa, Lei, Bryan, Anna, Dr. Bosconovitch and Jun.

I may add to that, whenever I get a chance to play more characters from the Tekken series that I've missed.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Re: Do you like fighting games? If so, which ones?

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:14 am

Your poll does not have an option in it for if you do not like fighting games, which could have been at least potentially a large percentage of respondents based on the thread name.

I'm not much of a gamer now, I freely admit, but I loved gaming years ago... but not fighting games.

I started to pull out of gaming a bit after Wing Commander Prophesy came out.

What was the final nail on the coffin... the slow switch to games requiring not only high pricing but required being on-line and monthly fees... I used gaming as an escape from dealing with people, and deliberately wanted to be alone during it... not make it complicated and interactive and far more expensive.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:13 am

Yeah, I don't much care for the requirement in games to rely on connecting to other people to enjoy it fully, if at all, or get the most out of it.

And the extra expense and DLC stuff is no good, too. Especially when the game is built around the DLC, so you have to pay extra for features that probably already came with the product you bought, or should have, and without it the game's stupidly hard and/or tedious.

PCHeintz72 wrote:Your poll does not have an option in it for if you do not like fighting games, which could have been at least potentially a large percentage of respondents based on the thread name.

The subject says "if so," not "if not." I'm clearly discriminating against those who don't care for fighting games. :P
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:48 am

I´d say i like them a little at least.

BUT otoh, the last fighting game i played seriously was probably IK+. Never really got into the genre on PC, and i never found consoles interesting enough to prioritise putting money on any.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:27 am

The subject says "if so," not "if not." I'm clearly discriminating against those who don't care for fighting games.

But it is not a good poll... since you won't know in the end if you only got, say 20 people, because 100 viewed it and 80 moved on due to lack of an option, or only 20 people viewed it.

Oh well...
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:04 pm

You're talkin' crazy, man. :O
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Return to Games