ET Landfill dig turns up cartridges

Talk about Video and Tabletop Games here.

ET Landfill dig turns up cartridges

Postby KonokoHasano » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:34 pm

So recently, Fuel Entertainment and Xbox Entertainment Studios hired a team to go to the New Mexico desert landfill where it was believed that Atari had dumped all those cartridges 30 years ago. Turns out they struck paydirt.
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
User avatar
Crisis Power Senshi
Posts: 19576
 

Re: ET Landfill dig turns up cartridges

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:39 pm

KonokoHasano wrote:So recently, Fuel Entertainment and Xbox Entertainment Studios hired a team to go to the New Mexico desert landfill where it was believed that Atari had dumped all those cartridges 30 years ago. Turns out they struck paydirt.

I saw that a couple hours ago...

Though the classing of what they found is a bit dubious, while potentially of historical importance, the games found are generally believed to be about the worst of the 2600 games ever.

Even though I loved the 2600 I never actually played that one that I can recall... I focused on Asteroids, Missal Command, Space Invaders, Pac Man, Breakout, Kaboom, and Pitfall.
PCHeintz72
User avatar
Prism Power Senshi
Posts: 2675
 

Re: ET Landfill dig turns up cartridges

Postby CRBWildcat » Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:59 pm

PCHeintz72 wrote:Though the classing of what they found is a bit dubious, while potentially of historical importance, the games found are generally believed to be about the worst of the 2600 games ever.

Even though I loved the 2600 I never actually played that one that I can recall... I focused on Asteroids, Missal Command, Space Invaders, Pac Man, Breakout, Kaboom, and Pitfall.


That's probably why they're doing it (one of the reasons, anyway). ()^_^

I'm not old enough to have spent much time with an Atari outside of friends' homes (although I do have a more recent Atari console with a bunch of games already built in), sadly. The NES was the focus of my early childhood.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
User avatar
Super Power Senshi
Posts: 30828
 

Re: ET Landfill dig turns up cartridges

Postby PCHeintz72 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:27 pm

CRBWildcat wrote:
That's probably why they're doing it (one of the reasons, anyway). ()^_^

I'm not old enough to have spent much time with an Atari outside of friends' homes (although I do have a more recent Atari console with a bunch of games already built in), sadly. The NES was the focus of my early childhood.

Our first home game consoles were 2600 units. Myself and several of my friends all had them. We shared costs by each having slightly differing mixes of games, and would take them to each others houses when we played together. I always felt those were the best game controllers ever... I dislike the later paddle controllers...

We never bothered with the 5200 or 7800.

We did eventually get a straight Super Nintendo, but it was more along the time when the 64 came out. My youngest brother is some 9 years younger than myself, so he grew up on that and later the 64.
PCHeintz72
User avatar
Prism Power Senshi
Posts: 2675
 

Re: ET Landfill dig turns up cartridges

Postby Dumbledork » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:13 am

Here's my first console (that I got in 1984) (European version)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnavox_Odyssey%C2%B2
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
User avatar
Prism Power Senshi
Posts: 3332
 


Return to Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users