Disgaea Dimensions 2

Talk about Video and Tabletop Games here.

Re: Disgaea Dimensions 2

Postby Lioconvoy » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:26 am

Well I've got the game and started playing. I haven't gotten far enough for Larharl to be turned into a girl, but I've met his sister.

I've also have had a little bit of fun with the character creation. I named the characters Etna made Laharl and Adell. I use a hero theme for Flonne. Laharl himself I haven't really used a theme, I named the male healer Bruce, and just used the random default name for the mothman.
Sometimes it just doesn't pay....

Expect me when you see me -Doctor Who (The first Doctor)
Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:47 pm

Unfortunately, instead of writing, I've been playing it as well. I just finished the Laharl-chan part.

I've spent most of my time item-crawling. Because I simply must have the succubus and nekomata classes available early. ^^;

Up until Laharl became a girl, I also had a bug where his HP drops to one after completing a battle, if he isn't inside of the base. That made my item-crawling tricky for a bit.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:01 am

That's a rather odd bug. I'm up to the Laharl-chan chapter now. I need to level up a bit more before I continue, I had to quite game at the third stage.

Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:02 am

Oh, then you should probably level/power up more than you think, so you don't have to do it again for the fifth stage.

I unlocked the armor knight class before I finally stopped playing, and the new variety have an adorable face. :3
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:46 am

How much harder does the game get as you go on? Up till now I haven't had to do much grinding.

Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:33 am

I don't know, since I was already doing stuff that invariably made me much stronger for the default difficulty of the storyline battles. Even though I was able to finish the fifth battle of that chapter in one round, I could see where someone who didn't do a lot of grinding could get whittled down if they can't take out about half of the enemies at the get-go.

And now I'm focused back on writing, so you'll probably find out before I do, but -- from my observations already -- the progression of difficulty seems a little steeper than usual.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:34 am

Hmm do you have a physical copy or digital? I've been hearing that it's the digital version with all the glitches.

Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:50 am

Physical, of course. I wanted free stuff with the pre-order. :wink:

And I've heard that people with the physical copies encountered the same bug. It's not biggie, though, since it went away by the fourth chapter. Others didn't sound so fortunate, though.

Oh, and I'm loving the thief in this game. She's getting pretty strong by stealing enemy stats, and the evility to increase an items level by three when destroying a treasure chest makes it a lot easier to progress through the storyline's limitations (since you can only get more stuff from the shops depending on what chapter you're on). I just finished the fifth chapter, but before that I was beginning to get items at the rank of a testament and a bit higher.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:35 am

That's something I've never understood. How do you find out an items Rank?

On a different note, something that sounds fun; Two theives. One to make the chest the other to open them.

Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:59 am

You find out an item's rank in one of two ways. The first way works with most items, like all of the weapons and armor, because of how long their lists are. Starting from the first/weakest item you see, that's one, and you go up one number from there up until forty. (The shop for D2 lists one of each item in order of rank, so that's your reference.) For the lists that aren't so long, like the accessories (shoes, belts, glasses, orbs, muscles and symbols), their rank number often skips over numbers, rather than going up one rank every time. To find out what rank it is, see what the starting level for items are in the item world, and compare it against one of the long-list items. For instance, if you know that the rank six sword has a starting level of twenty-two, a level twenty-two orb must be a rank six item.

Do you put an item in the chest, or does one magically appear inside? :P
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:46 am

No I mean there's another Theif evilty that ensures a chest every time she kills someone.

Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:10 am

Oh, that.

That crossed my mind, but it would be rather inefficient with two thieves. One thief is okay for the chests that are lying around, but my enemy-slayers of choice are a lot more efficient, in both damage output and how many enemies they can strike at once. My eventual plan is to have two mage-types steal one of those evilities as their second evility, then I can make a large group of chests with one and hit them all in one attack with the other.

That's what I'm probably going to do as soon as I open up the cave of ordeals. I saw the bill for it appear when I had seven-thousand mana, but it's at eighteen-percent and I'm not in the mood to raise that at the moment. I don't have a crew to tackle that place right now, anyway. At the moment I just got my succubus to her final class, so I reincarnated her and need to level her up again, which should be easy since the last thing I did was power up a good weapon for her.

I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like innocents don't appear in the item world all that often. ;/
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Lioconvoy » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:51 am

Steal Evilties?

Go to the cheat shop and change your route.

I only get to play an hour or so a day so I'm still on chapter four. I just beat Hoggermiser.

Lioconvoy
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:33 am

Yeah. Apparently, once two characters have the best relationship possible, you can pass a bill that steals one evility from the other.

I did. It didn't seem to make a difference. All I noticed was that subdued innocents had their numbers increased a little.

I have all day, every day. Though, with my party as strong as they are, I went through chapters five through seven in no time at all. I paused at chapter eight so I could subdue more statisticians, managers and trainers.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:44 pm

Okay, since I need to focus on writing, I went ahead and finished the game.

I must say: I'm pretty disappointed. Not only was the story not all that engaging, it was dreadfully short. I thought Cursed Memories couldn't be beat in a not-beat way, length-wise, but it certainly managed it.

As far as other things go, I like the mechanics overall (when compared to the other games), especially in regard to the rarity of items being removed. Stuff was more streamlined and straightforward than in previous games, which I definitely appreciate.

At least turning Laharl into a girl again was amusing. Not the act itself, but something best left unspoiled. :P
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Games