Touhou Project

Talk about Video and Tabletop Games here.

Re: Touhou Project

Postby CRBWildcat » Mon May 20, 2013 7:18 pm

The full version of Hopeless Masquerade is supposed to be released later this month. I won't be able to play it due to lackluster hardware, though, so I won't be able to confirm if its any good or not.

The demo for the latest shooter is due out at the same time.

SPOILER - Show Spoiler
And here I was, thinking that Sakuya wouldn't be appearing in any more games outside the fighters. :)
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
Spammer Rank C --- from Himitsu, 10-25-07. "Holy @!#%!, she made Zelas cry."
SpamLady Supreme --- from Colonel Caprice, 8-16-2017
Song of the week. Updated Sundays/Mondays.
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Mon May 20, 2013 7:32 pm

Yeah, I can't wait for either. Well, I can, but... ;/

I figured Sakuya would make another return at some point, if for no other reason than her being popular (which is probably why Cirno got her own game, at that), and possibly the fans wondering about her origins/past (such as if she's from the moon, or had been involved with people from the moon at some point).
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Sun May 26, 2013 4:31 pm

Found out from the Touhou Wiki that we have a few of the "traditional" types of supernatural/mythical creatures as bosses in Double Dealing Character; a mermaid and a werewolf are present in their respective stages.

Also, Cirno is back as the Stage 1 mid-boss.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sun May 26, 2013 6:17 pm

Surely making returns in games is a sign of strength. :P
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sun May 26, 2013 10:59 pm

Hopeless Masquerade has Koishi as a playable character, so it already has my blessings. Nitori, Mamizou and Byakuren are nice additions, too. I'm still holding out hope that Yuuka turns up in one of these fighting games, though. ;/

(A spellcard video thingy just because.)

As for that werewolf in Double Dealing Character, I never thought I'd ever utter any positive adjectives in regard to one, but man. Now I have to hope that she turns up in a fighter game, too.
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:12 pm

Before Hopeless Masquerade, I didn't even like Koishi all that much. Don't know why, aside from her debut being in the bane of my Touhou experience.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:59 pm

Now that her character is more fleshed out, and her condition and abilities more clear, I like her even more. *_*
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:38 pm

The remix of her theme doesn't hurt, either.

Alright, Crescent, it happened to me again. Last night I dreamed that Patchouli moved into the house that I'd left back in Michigan six years ago, and that she apparently was on friendly terms with me. :| If this Touhou thing wasn't an obsession before, it sure as blazes is now.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:20 pm

Is that a good or bad thing? XD

Is Patchouli even your most favorite character, or does that title belong to someone else?
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:45 am

Is that a good or bad thing? XD

What do you mean?

Is Patchouli even your most favorite character, or does that title belong to someone else?

Yeah. She's been my most favorite character since before I started playing the games (see: Megamari).

#1: Patchy
#2: Star Sapphire
#3: Sunny Milk
#4: Chen
#5: Reisen U. Inaba
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:26 am

I'd envy you people who can make those kinds of decisions, if I could feel such a thing. Of course, it didn't just have to be an issue of indecision, but I honestly don't know why I pay more interest to many of the ones that I do.

All I know is that the ones that stand out the most for me are: Suika, Reisen, Yuuka, Tenshi, Koishi. There are a few nebulous ones, compared to those, but those five are the ones I'm sure of. Among them, I only understand my attraction to Koishi completely. For Suika my understanding is fair, while it's little or none for the others. My attraction to Tenshi probably confuses me the most.

CRBWildcat wrote:What do you mean?

You make it sound like there might be something wrong about being obsessed, and possibly some underlying blame being sent in my direction, but I can't tell. :O
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:05 pm

I'd envy you people who can make those kinds of decisions, if I could feel such a thing. Of course, it didn't just have to be an issue of indecision, but I honestly don't know why I pay more interest to many of the ones that I do.

I don't know why I'm interested in the ones that you do, either. :D But that's neither here nor there.

All I know is that the ones that stand out the most for me are: Suika, Reisen, Yuuka, Tenshi, Koishi. There are a few nebulous ones, compared to those, but those five are the ones I'm sure of. Among them, I only understand my attraction to Koishi completely. For Suika my understanding is fair, while it's little or none for the others. My attraction to Tenshi probably confuses me the most.

Ditto that. I've always seen Tenshi as a spoiled brat that wanted to cause trouble, same as the majority. I have little respect for people like that, so I don't understand how people like those individuals (and I keep forgetting which of her selectable Spell Cards does what).

Mind explaining the Koishi thing to me, then? I've thought about it a bit and I realize why I like Patchouli (sympathy for the ill, respect for the powerful, siding with the underdog, and amusement at some of the things she says), but I'm not making the connection between you two. I don't think it's her lack of a personality (please tell me it's not :| ).

You make it sound like there might be something wrong about being obsessed, and possibly some underlying blame being sent in my direction, but I can't tell. :O

Oh, that. Okay, maybe I'm starting to become concerned that it's a little unhealthy for me, but I'm not blaming you for anything. That's something I've already done. :)
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:01 am

CRBWildcat wrote:Ditto that. I've always seen Tenshi as a spoiled brat that wanted to cause trouble, same as the majority. I have little respect for people like that, so I don't understand how people like those individuals (and I keep forgetting which of her selectable Spell Cards does what).

Well, at least you don't see her as a masochist. ;p

I don't see her as a spoiled brat. If she were, it's a miracle that she didn't do something like she did a long time ago, or has a record for doing it already. I can even understand being bored to the extent that she would do what she did: after all, unlike the rest of her family, she hadn't become a celestial while having developed as an individual that could appreciate their lifestyle.

Mind explaining the Koishi thing to me, then? I've thought about it a bit and I realize why I like Patchouli (sympathy for the ill, respect for the powerful, siding with the underdog, and amusement at some of the things she says), but I'm not making the connection between you two. I don't think it's her lack of a personality (please tell me it's not :| ).

Well, it really runs the gamut. In a way, we have a lot in common. She wanted to escape persecution, and ends up making herself a non-entity instead. Now she's directionless, with no idea of what to make of her life, and has hardly any presence while also being easily forgotten. Despite being emotionless, enough of her personality (the stronger parts, I'm assuming) comes through to make it possible for her to act as a child's imaginary friend until they grow up, which is probably an indication of her friendliness (as if her name and spellcards weren't indication enough).

Oh, that. Okay, maybe I'm starting to become concerned that it's a little unhealthy for me, but I'm not blaming you for anything. That's something I've already done. :)

Oh, well, I'm glad we got that out of the way, then. :roll:
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby CRBWildcat » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:13 pm

I don't see her as a spoiled brat. If she were, it's a miracle that she didn't do something like she did a long time ago, or has a record for doing it already. I can even understand being bored to the extent that she would do what she did: after all, unlike the rest of her family, she hadn't become a celestial while having developed as an individual that could appreciate their lifestyle.

...True, that. I kinda forgot about that last part. :(

Well, it really runs the gamut. In a way, we have a lot in common. She wanted to escape persecution, and ends up making herself a non-entity instead. Now she's directionless, with no idea of what to make of her life, and has hardly any presence while also being easily forgotten. Despite being emotionless, enough of her personality (the stronger parts, I'm assuming) comes through to make it possible for her to act as a child's imaginary friend until they grow up, which is probably an indication of her friendliness (as if her name and spellcards weren't indication enough).

So I was only half right, then. :| Ah, well.

I'm happy that her character traits were cleared up in the recent materials, but at the same time it makes it a little difficult for me. I want to be able to include her in my current fanfic project, and writing for her is going to be a minor hassle.
Senshi of Zeta Aquilae
CRBWildcat
Super Power Senshi

PreviousNext

Return to Games