Naruto Has Ended

Talk about other General Anime and Manga Series here

Naruto Has Ended

Postby KonokoHasano » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:59 am

So it's honestly an odd thing to realize, but after so many years, the manga Naruto has finally ended with 700 chapters.
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Re: Naruto Has Ended

Postby Dumbledork » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:23 pm

Not soon enough. To me Naruto was dead after the timeskip. So how did it end? Did Sasuke get redeemed in the end or did Kishimoto come up with a somewhat original ending.?
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:43 pm

Well, the last battle in Naruto was pretty much a short fight between Naruto and Sasuke, since Sasuke still kinda wanted to kill Naruto, and then become the Hokage and try and force all the ninja villages into a peace or whatever. This was just after the two of them (And Sakura) dealt with a reborn Kaguya, who was known as the 'moon goddess/rabbit' that bestowed the use of Chakra to the humans, and for some reason wanted to take control of the world. She was also the mother of the Sage of Six Paths, who was basically the Naruto world's jesus or something. It also turned out that Naruto and Sasuke were the reincarnation of the Sage of Six Path's sons.

But anyway, the final fight between Naruto and Sasuke ended with both of them incredibly exhausted, on the ground next to each other, both having lost an arm in the process. However the last clash finally allowed Naruto to get through Sasuke's thick skull and make him realize just how much a fool he had been all that time, as well as to apologize to Naruto and Sakura.

Kakashi became the sixth Hokage, and it was only because of him and Naruto (Who was considered the hero by everybody), as well as Sasuke's involvement in saving the entire world, that Sasuke wasn't imprisoned or had anything worse happen to him. He then ended up becoming a wanderer, to explore the world and see what it's all like.

Chapter 700 was then a time skip to where everybody was older. Naruto was now the Seventh Hokage and married to Hinata with a son and daughter

Sakura ended up having a daughter by Sasuke, who was still wandering the world, and everybody is basically older and has kids and stuff.

Though apparently there is supposed to be some kinda special 'short series' revival or something involving Naruto's kids next year.
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:41 pm

Thank God I skipped all of that. But looking at the pictures I wonder about something. Didn't Hinata have breasts in the past? She looks flatter than Sakura here. And why do the kids have whiskers? Is that a genetic trait of the Uzumaki?

At least the Naruto/Hinata shippers must be happy now.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:22 pm

I think it's just an aspect of the outfit she's wearing making her seem to have smaller breasts.

The Naruto manga got to crazy DBZ levels of power tossing. Also, Naruto pretty much made friends with all of the tailed beasts, especially Kurama (The fox) After the end of it all, all of the tailed beasts managed to go back to their homes and all since they were free.

I also think the whisker marks are a trait of Naruto's that he ended up passing down to the kids.
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:46 pm

That's how it ended? Geeze.

700 chapters and that....

Well, I guess it could have been worse. Not that this has rekindled any interest in me.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby Dumbledork » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:13 pm

Yeah. What kind of ninja village is Konoha? Sasuke betrays his comrades and he isn't even punished for it? He tried to kill Naruto and the idiot pardons him just like that?

That's the thing that bothers me the most about most shounen manga. The hero is just too heroic to simply kill the people that betray him. Same thing that annoys me about comics. The good guys never kill the bad guys.

Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Sunshine Temple » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:51 pm

Well often shounnen manga and comics share the same reason for the "no killing": preserving villain character "brands".

Both medias are often long running (years and years if not decades and decades). So a good villain can't be killed. That'd mean they couldn't be used again. Heck that's why death is so cheap.
Sunshine Temple
Site Mistress

Postby KonokoHasano » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:17 pm

The reasoning that Naruto wanted to 'rescue' Sasuke stemmed from the fact that he saw the both of them as brothers, and the fact that they did bond during those 'Team 7' days, that they were basically like family until the whole thing with Orochimaru caused crap to happen.

And the only reason Sasuke wasn't punished to high hell was, as said, by a combined fact of Naruto (pretty much considered the Big Hero), Kakashi (Who was capable of pulling strings due to being the sixth Hokage), and Sasuke's involvement in helping save the world. So he really owes them big time for saving his bacon.

A lot of stuff was rather nonsensical, though. Uchiha tend to fall so 'deep' because they 'care too much'. That their Sharingan does some kooky things or whatever that causes it. The final battle was some incredibly crazy and long drawn out things of convolution.

First you had Kabuto and Tobi initiate the whole thing with bringing all the dead ninja back to life (Zabuza, Haku, etc, etc), which then led to Tobi ressurrecting Madara Uchiha (The guy who fought the First Hokage at the Valley of the End and all), then Tobi was revealed to be Obito Uchiha all this time (Kakashi's old team partner who gave him the sharingan before he apparently died), then Tobi absored all of the Tailed Beasts power and became container of the 10th tails. Then Madara pulled a crap move and then became super mode, BUT THEN it was revealed Black Zetsu was behind a bunch of stuff, and the 'Moon Goddess' Kaguya was revived via transforming Madara's body into her and then... yeah.

But there's one big unexplained thing that hasn't been figured out and put as a loose end. Throughout all of this, Orochimaru had managed to come back, and he's likely still out there somewhere doing stuff or something.
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:11 am

Rather lame end, but inline with the rest of the series, unfortunately.

So much lost potential in the series it´s ridiculous. Of course, that´s why there´s so much Naruto fanfics.

I´ll probably watch the rest of the anime, some day.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:29 am

I wouldn't be surprised if Kishimoto just kinda lost interest somewhere along the line.

But at least Naruto was more interesting than Bleach. Bleach is just... well...
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby Gnudist » Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:01 am

I only read a couple of chapters or so of naruto before thinking "yeah, this is going to end up sucking"

Pretty much every discussion about it lately confirms my initial impression was correct.
In her home in U'sagi dead serenity waits dreaming.
Gnudist
Moon Senshi

Postby Ellen Kuhfeld » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:33 pm

Spica75 wrote:So much lost potential in the series it´s ridiculous. Of course, that´s why there´s so much Naruto fanfics.

I've never watched Naruto, but that's the same reason there are so many Ranma fanfics.
Visit Big Washuu's Lab of Arcane Knowledge at http://washuu.net
Ellen Kuhfeld
Sailor Starlight

Postby Spica75 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:10 pm

KonokoHasano wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Kishimoto just kinda lost interest somewhere along the line.

But at least Naruto was more interesting than Bleach. Bleach is just... well...

Bleach started out quite good and then just... Went *pffft* like a leaking balloon. Orihime started out as an interesting character and then was just kept forcibly shuffled aside. Except for playing the broken record... I mean sheesh...
Mr boy hero became more and more dull and shounen power upsy far beyond the point of good idea or good story, in fact whenever he was not around instantly made the story better. :lol:
Mr BIG BAD ran around being epic up until he suddenly just squeaked and deflated into a nothing.
Tatsuki could have been given a full part of "the action" time after time but was totally sidelined into a barely talking minor role.

Bleach is definitely another case of lost opportunities of epic proportions.

Up until first big filler arc, Bleach is definitely still a recommended watch. Beyond that, proceed at your own peril. Some like it, "others" do not.

Ellen Kuhfeld wrote:I've never watched Naruto, but that's the same reason there are so many Ranma fanfics.

To some degree yes, but while i think Ranma is essentially the better series, it doesn´t come anywhere near the amount of lost potential as Naruto.
To reach many of the fanfics using Ranma in "inventive" ways, things has to be twisted a fair amount, but in Naruto, there´s precedence for almost anything happening and LOTS of characters that can be borrowed and played with even without messing with the characters or the background up until point of divergence.

And you have LOTS more ok to excellent villains to exploit there as well. From tragic to stupid to epic to misguided.

If you haven´t seen it at all, i would suggest that you get fansubs, ignore all the hideous fillers(anime-planet forum has a thread listing filler episodes) and watch at least up until end of the original series.
Because it does have its good sides.
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:21 pm

The CURRENT Big Bad in Bleach was ridiculous and lame from the get go, and made me actually miss Aizen.

Currently in Bleach, you have what is basically some super powered guy dressed in black who is the leader of the Quinceys, who decided to attack and destroy Soul Society via his army of German Nazi Analog Super Powered Quinceys who all have power well beyond what they should have, pretty much laying waste to the majority of more interesting side characters and making you be all 'Well why should I care about these characters? Just hurry up with Ichigo'

Not only that, but it ends up revealing that Ichigo's mother was a Quincy, and so Ichigo is part shinigami and part quincey and stuff and stuff.
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Next

Return to Anime / Manga