"Oh! My Goddess!" or "Ugh! My Goodness!"?

Talk about other General Anime and Manga Series here

"Oh! My Goddess!" or "Ugh! My Goodness!"?

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:26 pm

Is anyone else disappointed with what Fujishima has done to the series during the latest story arc? For me, as a fan-fiction writer, it's just been one train wreck after another. ;/
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Re: "Oh! My Goddess!" or "Ugh! My Goodness!"?

Postby Knight of L-sama » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:03 pm

Actually it strikes me as wrapping up and resolution to the point where it wouldn't surprise me if this is the final arc that will end the series.
If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million nights, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Knight of L-sama
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Dumbledork » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:32 pm

He should have continued You're under Arrest which I like a whole lot better than Ah! My Goddess.
And that's the bottom line 'cause Dumbledork said so.

Dumbledork 3:16
Dumbledork
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Crescent Pulsar S » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:30 am

That's a series I've been meaning to check out for ages, but never seem to get around to it. XD

Knight of L-sama wrote:Actually it strikes me as wrapping up and resolution to the point where it wouldn't surprise me if this is the final arc that will end the series.

So you didn't notice the contradictions/retconning, or don't see what's wrong with it for the sake of ending the series?
Crescent Pulsar S
Cosmic Power Senshi

Postby Knight of L-sama » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:46 pm

Crescent Pulsar S wrote:So you didn't notice the contradictions/retconning, or don't see what's wrong with it for the sake of ending the series?

I've never been able to sit down and read the series from start to (what will presumably be the) finish. I was almost beside myself being able to get a hold of five consecutive volumes at my local library. So I can't categorically say yay or nay, especially since there are references to arcs I know I haven't read.
If your spirit has wings to travel, even across the breadth of a thousand, million nights, imagination will guide the way and the gates of El-Hazard will always be open to you.
Knight of L-sama
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby KonokoHasano » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:35 pm

So the final chapter of Ah My Goddess has been released. After 26 years, it has finally come to an end.
Usagi-Hasano on Fanfiction.net
Senshi of Metis (Jupiter XVI)
Spamville character bio
KonokoHasano
Super Power Senshi

Postby PCHeintz72 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:41 pm

KonokoHasano wrote:So the final chapter of Ah My Goddess has been released. After 26 years, it has finally come to an end.

Maybe now that it is done, Ill break down and get the rest of the books... I have most, just not the last several. Been hesitant due to all the complaining I've read on-line over the contents.
PCHeintz72
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Spica75 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:40 am

KonokoHasano wrote:So the final chapter of Ah My Goddess has been released. After 26 years, it has finally come to an end.

Wow... :P
Spica75
Prism Power Senshi

Postby Blackcat101 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:06 pm

And here I thought that like the First Tenchi Muyo series, it was never gonna have a real end.
Blackcat101
Asteroid Senshi

Postby Neko- » Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:21 am

Which chapter would that be in what volume?
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Postby Vahn » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:03 am

I didn't even know the original Tenchi OAV had an ending until Blackcat pointed it out to me. As for the AMG, I don't even know what's going on there anymore and the art style changed too, it's not as good as it was before. Maybe his old artist quit. At least he was able to end it on his terms.
Vahn
Chibi Sailor Senshi

Postby Neko- » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:47 am

Got chapter 308 (which supposedly is the final). Just haven't gotten around to reading the last couple of chapters yet.
Appointed Spammaster Rank D by Himitsu - June 21st 2006
Appointed Spammaster Rank C by Himitsu - September 2nd 2006
Prince of Bob (the Black Hole)
I reject your reality and substitute my own - Adam Savage
Neko-
Crisis Power Senshi

Return to Anime / Manga